Confirmed with Link: Legwand to Wings for Eaves, Jarnkrok and a cond. 3rd Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Well I think it is hard to compare apples and oranges, here. Was Legwand even being shopped?

This was posted by "caley" on February 4th:
per McKenzie on TSN Inside Trading tonight, he said that Nashville were shopping Legwand hard, that they were looking for a 1st or 2nd pick as part of the return, but that Legwand has a NTC and will ultimately dictate, himself, whether or not he's traded.

Link

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
This all said, Weiss might not pan out, Legwand is going to be 34 soon, it absolutely stands to reason that Jarnkrok could have been our best center outside of Pavs and Hank, soonish. This is a team that needs to get younger, not older. People point to Sheahan, but he had very average AHL numbers himself, and has been producing better in the AHL. Jurco's first half of the season in the AHL was comparable to Jarnkrok's first half a season, and look where he is now. This is a terrible trade and terrible asset management no matter how you slice it. This all said, 1-3 years from now might not prove a thing, Nashville is absolutely terrible at developing forwards into top 6 roles.

It's never really said that a valued prospect like Järnkrok goes the way he's expected to. And even if he would at a team like the Wings: Who guarantees us that he's still here, when it's finally his turn to prove himself? So i can understand why he was one of the first choices to give up. The timing of the trade i truly can't (anymore), no question about that.

Jussha

Jan 15, 2006
honestly I'm disappointed in the trade as I still have hope for Jarnkrok, and not really interested in trading for a 33 year old UFA center, I understand that a big part of making this trade was to try to preserve the playoff streak with Datsyuk and Zetterberg out, but honestly I feel like this is probably a good season for having the streak end without the fanbase going crazy after, as I feel like most would be forgiving and understanding considering we're essentially going about 30 games with both D and Z out, and looking like the last 22 games after the olympic break without them for the much needed playoff push.

However, if you think about it from our up and coming prospect pool, someone had to get moved,

For the next 3 seasons we still got

Datsyuk
Zetterberg
Franzen
Weiss

who are likely to be top 6-9 players still on the lineup, and now it looks like we will be adding Nyquist to that list, with a bunch of other promising young players in Jurco, Sheahan. Plus we got a bunch of other promising top 6-9 wingers in Mantha and Pulkkinen coming up. My feeling is probably with how much better Sheahan has been than they anticipated, They probably see a combination of D/Z and Weiss/Sheahan as the top 3 centers, and felt that it would be hard for Jarnkrok to fit in, and with him possibly forcing their hand with wanting to be called up thought he would be a good chip to trade and keep space for the other promising wingers to have room on the club in the next year or 2.

The thing I'm sad about most is that Sheahan appears way better in the NHL than the AHL, and what's not to say that the same could be said for Jarnkrok, who overall now seems to having a better AHL season than Sheahan, so I would have liked to have hoped both Jarnkrok and Sheahan could have been 2nd/3rd line centers for this club, and if we were going to have moved him, I would have preferred it to be a for a top 4 dman or someone a bit younger than Legwand. My only hope that will make me feel much better about this move in the offseason is if we do end up resigning Legwand that it means we will actively try and trade Weiss. If their really committed to Andersson and Helm still being bottom line centers, we don't need D/Z/Legwand/Sheahan/Weiss fighting for the other 3 center spots and could ideally just shift one of D/Z permanently to the wing with their age

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I have a bad feeling that we made a major mistake trading Iron Hook.
I'll worry about it when he's doing that in the NHL. Now that he isn't our prospect, his AHL stats aren't as important to me. Besides, he was one of the better offensive guys in the SEL when he was there. For him to not be able to score at the AHL level it would mean that he's actually regressed! The barometer for him is still: can he become a player that can withstand the physical element in the NHL? We'll see in time. But there's certainly no reason to worry over AHL stats.

wingsfan33

Jun 12, 2013
Another goal for jarnkrok

4 goals 2 assists in 4 games now with Milwaukee

Yes still early buts it's funny how we complained he didn't score goals here and he's got 4 in 4 games

25 in last 20 let's see if he holds it up rest of the season

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

Yes still early buts it's funny how we complained he didn't score goals here and he's got 4 in 4 games

How about we see how he does in an NHL uniform? His statline in the AHL doesn't provide the Wings or the Predators with anything other than information on what he may do in the big leagues.

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
That's a stacked line though.

I think Ironhook will be a good player for the Predators. Good fit with their Swedes. Hopefully Trotz doesn't stifle him too much, if he's still the coach by the time he makes that squad.. it's weird to me to see overall opinions on Jarnkrok 180 just because he got traded. You don't have to force yourselves to discredit him to make the trade more tolerable. He'll be a good young player in the NHL.

Johnz96*

+4 as well.

wingsfan33

Jun 12, 2013
That's a stacked line though.

I think Ironhook will be a good player for the Predators. Good fit with their Swedes. Hopefully Trotz doesn't stifle him too much, if he's still the coach by the time he makes that squad.. it's weird to me to see overall opinions on Jarnkrok 180 just because he got traded. You don't have to force yourselves to discredit him to make the trade more tolerable. He'll be a good young player in the NHL.

Ya seems all of a sudden now that he's gone a lot of people are acting like we didn't give up a top prospect, like he was a nobody so who cares

Well I'm gonna keep track of what he does in the ahl until he gets to the nhl

Sue me

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
I wastn too happy with this trade when it was done, and im not much more happier now, though I guess we need Legwand for now.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Ya seems all of a sudden now that he's gone a lot of people are acting like we didn't give up a top prospect, like he was a nobody so who cares

Well I'm gonna keep track of what he does in the ahl until he gets to the nhl

Sue me

Consider yourself sued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad