Post-Game Talk: Legendary Maple Leafs WIN in a megaman huge comeback! Eye of the tiger was there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Unbelievable comeback. But why play with absolutely nothing for 57 minutes? Unacceptable
This was not a good game for the first 55 minutes I agree and so many of us were critzizing for a reason. Some players didn't do almost nothing good for us then. Then coach keefe changed that line to matthews - tavares - marner and thangs started to happen. WE demanded change and got some.

That was a great coach decision. :clap:

Now I pray that this team unites and grows even more together. WANT it more. Want is everythang. It can happen. But then we should be playing stronger ice hockey for like lets say 44 min. That would be hard as dirt too.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I recall one such game that was this out of reach and the unbelievable comeback occurred. Late 90's, playoffs, Oilers came back against a similar defensive juggernaught Stars team. I've never seen a team score 3 goals with their goalie pulled, especially in the playoffs and against such a tight defensive team.

Now, the Leafs have paid them back 24 hours later (in far more dramatic fashion). Here we go with another chance to slay the ghosts of Christmas Past. A final game (game 5 instead of 7). Like the last back to backs against Boston when Leafs didn't have Kadri, Leafs are missing an even bigger piece in Muzzin. Like those situations, they know if they win, they get him back fresh and all ready to fire on all cylinders.

What team will we see on Sunday? A perimeter team, or a team that goes hard to the net and plays with a pair? If they go with gusto to the front as they did in the 3 goal comeback, they have hope. It's going to be one hell of a battle. In the end, they can't keep losing deciding games. They have to get over the hump. This would be a storybook way to do it.

Last edited:

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
ahaha i'm still dying, this place is so toxic. we were ready to trade Nylander, Marner, Matthews and Tavares 25 minutes ago. All four came up big in the win

TBH, I didn't share it in my one angry post, but my keepers list was pretty much as follows....

Matthews, Tavares (due to NMC), Hyman, Rielly, Dermott, Mikheyev, Muzzin, Robertson.

Depending on how game 5 goes (plus next round potentially), this could change for sure.

On-the-Fly

Feb 6, 2007
Jekyll and Hyde. Banner or hulk? These schizo sobs keep it interesting don't they?

Gotta bet on jekyll and banner but what if? What if Hyde?

Fitting that you hate and love it, no?

DirkStraun

Aug 9, 2015
Hockey Gods serving justice on that PP goal for that dirty play by Folingo. What a freaking rat that guy is. Also hats off to old man Spezza getting the juices going with that fight!

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
full credit for this win to Spezza, only Leaf who put it all on the line when they needed it the most................
I love that guy. What a game by him and the 4th line. Grinded the f*** out of those guys.

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I gave up when it was 2 to 0, but decided to watch the third period anyway. When it was 3 to zip, I thought like every one else.

It's funny how the Leafs turned the tables on the Blue Jackets from game 3 and did it to them in game 4.

That's one of the craziest comebacks you'll see as a Leafs fan probably for many, many years.

The only sour spot for me was... Hughson and I quote... Kasperiiiii.... Kapa... what a freaking idiot.

That was crazy.

Reactions: Polaris1010

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Still displeased with the first 50 minutes of the game though. That was very frustrating.

Props to old man Spezza
Hopefully this gives them some jump and confidence, I think a lot of that was lacking in regulation.

We need a good start Sunday

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Omg.... I’ve only started watching the leafs since 2019 playoffs but man I was feeling so depressed in this game, but they did it.... they really did come back

Big 4 showing up big time. I’m lost for words
My hands are shaking. And this after I said I wouldn't be emotionally invested no matter what happens this year...

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
v9xaX2K.gif

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Timeline of tonight for me.....

Basically give up on them after 2, FML, F Big 4, F Keefe, F Dubas etc
Change to Raptors trying to clinch #2 seed, not like Leafs game can get any worse, might as well watch a team that's won something in last 60 years
Put on Sundin jersey, wtf haven't worn since he was active
Put phone away to avoid Leafs updates
10:40 figure its over, wtf check final score
Going into OT
To watch or not? Keep watching Raptors and they're losing by 30
Get a bunch of text messages and i'm like the least popular person ever.

Should I watch Game 5?

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Spezza all heart.

I have to say, as much as rielly makes dumb mistakes sometimes, you can never question his fight and heart. He wants to win so bad.

This is what kills me with this team. We KNOW what they're capable of. If they did this at least for half the game instead of only the last 5 minutes, they'd be dominant

Feb 24, 2004
!!!!! Screamed very loud. First signature win of this era.

Made only sweeter by Hughson and Simpson talking about the BJs playing the Lightning with 4 minutes to go.

Foligno's play was dirty. Stick in the blades going into the corner. Can hurt a guy that way...

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
I always watch til the end praying for something like this but I will admit I thought it was over. Please win Sunday!!!!! Our Franchise needs it badly. I think we are the better team but colombus is a very good team aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad