Post-Game Talk: Legendary Maple Leafs WIN in a megaman huge comeback! Eye of the tiger was there

Status
Not open for further replies.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
In that scenario, if Philly wins against Montreal, we would face them. However, if Montreal wins, I believe we would face the 2nd best remaining seed, which could be a number of teams. Washington, Boston, Carolina, or NYI, depending on how those series go.

Ah perfect, thanks for that clarification.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Definitely a shot at Hughson and I love it. While Bowen is a total homer, the guy calls a great game. He'd never be a national guy for CBC/Sportsnet but its bizarre that they continually give us Hughson and Simpson when it's obvious they despise anything Leafs. Bring back the 98 year old Cole or give us Cuthbert. The Canucks can have their cheerleader back.
I said this before and I will say it again. When Rogers took over the national TV rights across Canada, why did the Canucks, Oilers, and Flames get to keep their same regional broadcasters and why was Joe Bowen replaced by Paul Romanuk? He was already broadcasting Leafs regional games on Sportsnet up until the 2013-14 season, so what changed?

Reactions: saffronleaf

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I said this before and I will say it again. When Rogers took over the national TV rights across Canada, why did the Canucks, Oilers, and Flames get to keep their same regional broadcasters and why was Joe Bowen replaced by Paul Romanuk? He was already broadcasting Leafs regional games on Sportsnet up until the 2013-14 season, so what changed?

I just hope Bell / TSN win the next NHL deal.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
So we knew by the next day whether or not Muzzin would play but here we are the next day after and Werenski's status is still unknown?

Reactions: kb

Mar 26, 2010
I feel like we need to hype up Matthews more for what he did last night

2 primary assists and the game winning goal in the comeback. He's playing like a top 5 player in the NHL right now and it's amazing to see. I can't believe he's a leaf
Matthews is a top 5 player in the NHL. There are only 2 players in the league I put over him, #97 and #29. No one else.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I feel like we need to hype up Matthews more for what he did last night

2 primary assists and the game winning goal in the comeback. He's playing like a top 5 player in the NHL right now and it's amazing to see. I can't believe he's a leaf

He's become such a force out there. Every time he steps on the ice he grabs your attention (I guess unless you're Jim Hughson).

Coming back to play defense; winning battles; being physical; setting up perfect passes; that one-timer.

Would love to see his signature wrist shot.

One of the smaller things I've been impressed by is his ability to receive bouncing passes / coral bouncing pucks etc into his possession. The puck is bouncing a lot with the ice conditions. It's like he's got the puck on a string.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
bring back Bonsie, I would love this, always thought TSN put out a better product, pretty sure the current deal with SN ends in after the 2025/26 season still a long time away lol
Sportsnet started to go downhill when they brought in Eklund for their trade deadline coverage in 2007 and had him reporting behind a screen where you could not see his face.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
National coverage is the answer. Could you imagine how much people would complain out West if they were "forced" to watch/listen to Bowen? These people are crybabies. They've already bought into the propaganda that every network is focused on the Leafs. The Leafs havent done shit in 20 years. The hate across this country for Toronto is real and quite frankly, we should embrace it.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
National coverage is the answer. Could you imagine how much people would complain out West if they were "forced" to watch/listen to Bowen? These people are crybabies. They've already bought into the propaganda that every network is focused on the Leafs. The Leafs havent done shit in 20 years. The hate across this country for Toronto is real and quite frankly, we should embrace it.
I was only saying Sportsnet could have kept Bowen to broadcast any Leafs regional games which he was already doing and not any national broadcasts.

However on Wednesday night, Saturday night, and Sunday night games they have used the Canucks, Oilers, and Flames regional broadcasters if they were playing on those specific days when Sportsnet has national broadcasts.

So isn't that a double standard if people out West hard to hear Joe Bowen, even those fans get to hear their regional broadcasters calling their team during a national broadcast.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I was only saying Sportsnet could have kept Bowen to broadcast any Leafs regional games which he was already doing and not any national broadcasts.

However on Wednesday night, Saturday night, and Sunday night games they have used the Canucks, Oilers, and Flames regional broadcasters if they were playing on those specific days when Sportsnet has national broadcasts.

So isn't that a double standard if people out West hard to hear Joe Bowen, even those fans get to hear their regional broadcasters calling their team during a national broadcast.
Would it really be a crime if we had to listen to regional broadcasters though? I'm perfectly fine watching a West game with a homer, what do I care? I feel like Leafs pander to everyone outside of Toronto

Reactions: ACC1224

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Would it really be a crime if we had to listen to regional broadcasters though? I'm perfectly fine watching a West game with a homer, what do I care? I feel like Leafs pander to everyone outside of Toronto
My point is it's a double standard for Rogers to take Joe Bowen off the Leafs regional broadcasts and keeping the same broadcasters the Canucks, Flames, and Oilers already had.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
My point is it's a double standard for Rogers to take Joe Bowen off the Leafs regional broadcasts and keeping the same broadcasters the Canucks, Flames, and Oilers already had.

To be honest, they are different situations. For Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver, Sportsnet broadcasts around 40-50 regional games. For the Leafs, it’s around 15 games. So, it makes a certain amount of sense to combine that role with the #2 play-by-play role.

We also don’t know if there were other factors involved. Maybe TSN didn’t want a radio guy who was a Sportsnet TV guy. So maybe Bowen had to choose between a small job with Sportsnet or going radio only.

Also, where’s the vitriol for TSN dumping Joe Bowen from Leafs regional TSN broadcasts? There isn’t any because most people liked Miller and Cuthbert. And, I’ll tell you what. If Sportsnet had managed to hie Cuthbert away from TSN for the #2 play-by-play role in 2014, no one would have objected to him doing Leafs games.

Almost all of these discussions are about disliking Paul Romanuk and not about a love for Joe Bowen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->