Rumor: Lecavalier and 3rd overall 2013 pick to T.O.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafs For Life*

Gardiner
1st 2013
3rd 2013

for

Lecavalier
3rd Overall (Barkov)

Trade Grabovski for a 2nd
Sign Clarkson
Re-sign Bozak
Buyout Lecavalier

----------

Lupul (A) - Barkov - Kessel
JVR - Kadri - Clarkson
D'Amigo - Bozak - Kulemin
McLaren - McClement (A) - Orr
-Frattin/Colborne/Ashton

Phaneuf (C) - Ranger
Rielly - Gunnarsson
Fraser - Franson
-Liles/Blacker/Holzer

Reimer
Scrivens
This lineup does not even look like a playoff calibre team.......

Stupid lines lol also. Why buy out Lecavalier, and you can't yet even so it'd be

JVR-Lecavalier-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Clarkson
Frattin-Barkov-Kulemin
McLaren-McClement-Orr

Phaneuf-Gunnarsson
Liles-Franson
Fraser-Ranger

Riemer-Scrivens

Last edited by a moderator:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
HNIC Elliott Friedman during tonight's 2nd period intermission stated that the top 4 teams at the top of the draft all are not willing to move their picks including TB.

So that puts this rumour to rest.

Calgary actually offered the all 3 of their 1st round picks 6, 22 and 28 to Colorado for #1 and they said "no thanks not enough".

Teams at the top of the draft seem firm on keeping and using them.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
HNIC Elliott Friedman during tonight's 2nd period intermission stated that the top 4 teams at the top of the draft all are not willing to move their picks including TB.

Calgary actually offered the all 3 of their 1st round picks 6, 22 and 28 to Colorado for #1 and they said "no thanks not enough".

That's because the value of a 1st round pick is not really the value that people on these boards give to 1st round picks. Calgary basically offered a potentially really good player and 2 likely good players, for someone who is slated to be a franchise player.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
JVR -Weiss- Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Horton
Kulemin- Grabovski - Clarkson
Frattin - McClement - Orr

Phaneuf - Gunnarsson
Ranger - Liles
Franson - Gardiner

hawt dawm those lines if we sign weiss horton clarkson

Last edited:

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Yes, it's the Gunny at #2 I don't like. Need a better option there.

Gunnar has been a huge part of this team lol, he'll heal up with his hip over the summer and come better than ever imo. May not be the most offensive, but he corrects a lot of phaneuf's mistkaes imo

Great guy, we need him. I mean, unless you'd rather have someone like kostka, blacker, or holzer replace him (I wouldn't)

Rielly is definetly going to be playing at least 9 games (use his elc contract), and so he's most likely going to be with phaneuf to gain some experience as well :p

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
JVR -Weiss- Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Horton
Kulemin- Grabovski - Clarkson
Frattin - McClement - Orr

Phaneuf - Gunnarsson
Ranger - Liles
Franson - Gardiner

hawt dawm those lines if we sign weiss horton clarkson

I'd rather call-up D'amigo for the 4th line (he's more suited than Frattin for 4th line duties) and see if we can trade Gunnarson + Frattin + Liles? + pick(s) for a #2-3 Dman to go beside Phaneuf.

Defense then looks like:

Phaneuf - XXX
Gardiner - Franson
2 of Ranger/Fraser/Rielly/Marlie call-up

If no trade is to be made hopefully a UFA Dman? or just go with:

Phaneuf - Gunnar
Gardiner - Franson
Ranger - Rielly (Hopefully Ranger wants to play in the NHL again and hopefully Rielly is ready or else we call-up a Marlie or keep Liles)
Fraser

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
I'd rather call-up D'amigo for the 4th line (he's more suited than Frattin for 4th line duties) and see if we can trade Gunnarson + Frattin + Liles? + pick(s) for a #2-3 Dman to go beside Phaneuf.

Defense then looks like:

Phaneuf - XXX
Gardiner - Franson
2 of Ranger/Fraser/Rielly/Marlie call-up

If no trade is to be made hopefully a UFA Dman? or just go with:

Phaneuf - Gunnar
Gardiner - Franson
Ranger - Rielly (Hopefully Ranger wants to play in the NHL again and hopefully Rielly is ready or else we call-up a Marlie or keep Liles)
Fraser

I would have really preferred Greg Scott on the fourth line.. but he just had to go and sign with swiss league -.-"

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton

Well there's a massive difference between 6 and 1. The late first round picks, only 1 is likely to "make it". The best way to get to 1 is move up to 3-4 and try from there. Nobody wants to drop 1 to 6 unless its a massive deal

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina

Then ease Mess, lock this thread and end the madness :laugh: :sarcasm:

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Gunnar has been a huge part of this team lol, he'll heal up with his hip over the summer and come better than ever imo. May not be the most offensive, but he corrects a lot of phaneuf's mistkaes imo

Great guy, we need him. I mean, unless you'd rather have someone like kostka, blacker, or holzer replace him (I wouldn't)

Rielly is definetly going to be playing at least 9 games (use his elc contract), and so he's most likely going to be with phaneuf to gain some experience as well :p
I don't think Gunnar helped Phaneuf out much. Instead, I saw a pairing who could handle top competition, but struggled taking the puck out of their zone. Randy was trying to rectify that by using Kostka.

Someone like Franson/ Gardiner/ Liles would make a lot more sense if they were defensively stronger and physical. If Kostka could move the puck as he did in the Marlies, he'd be excellent. Regardless, I don't think Gunnarsson should be on the top pairing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad