TSN: LeBrun: TOR interested in bringing back Andersen?

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Uncle Leo, Bozak, JVR, Hyman, Freddy, etc.

I just wish we got something for one of them.

I get it though. We gain cap space, but...not really...
They tried to trade Freddy last summer .. no serious offers made .. da league is smart .. aging tender whose reg season numbers are failing and playoff history is dreadful .. this was only alternate

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I don't believe LeBrun.

This is "making crap up" type stuff because the media needs stuff to get hits. No way Andersen is still a Leaf next season IMO.

If they did talk, it's just a courtesy type thing.
Dubie is trying to help out Freddy on his exit .. he is worried in handling of it as Matty and Freddy are great friends .. this could get confused behind scenes by LeBrun .. but bottom line not a remote chance Freddy back unless he gets no offers around league and signs here at 750K minimum as a last resort

TGB

Jun 7, 2021
Honestly, how the heck does the PP go so long without being addressed? How can anyone not stop and think "Okay, this isn't working, let's shake this up" at a professional level when millions of dollars are on the line and a single game can cost you a playoff berth? I'm not much of a hockey guy anymore, so I don't really follow the Leafs that closely, but even in baseball you can see the coaches and players trying something different if things aren't working after a month or so. Heck, even legendary players will be benched if they're playing that poorly.

We have some real head scratchers on the organizational chart. Apparently 86 year old Tom Watt, who last coached the Leafs in 1991-92 is still a pro scout, as is Mike Penny, who was a Pat Quinn guy famous for scouting Pavel Bure in the 1980s, as is Cliff Fletcher, earning a paycheque until the end of time.

Maple Leafs Management

In my experience in corporate research, usually hiring structures like that are the result of "my buddy" appointments; ie, the suits above are giving their friends the best jobs regardless of their actual skill or production. Not all that different from "yes men" appointments. I don't really know the Leafs corporate structure because I never liked them as an investment, but given how many old guys are in charge there, I wouldn't be surprised they are also hiring old school.

Reactions: SmoggyTwinkles

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
No. Don't tell me how to think.

This is all under Shanny, and I'm going to accuse Dubas of doing the same. My complaint is not all that important when you consider everything else.

Since you know the price of Parenteau and Grabner what was it that other GMs wouldn't pay?
tenor.gif

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
The Freddy experience is done. Good 2.5 years. Bad 2.5 years leading us to now. Could never steal one to get us over the hump. Shaky starter to start every year as well. Great chance for us to go tandem style now and save cap space. Campbell is ready for 1A. Driedger, Mrazek, Raanta, Rittich, Reimer, Dubnyk, Smith, Rinne, Bernier.. there's a ton of 1B options this off-season

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Darren Dreger says Freddie believes he's worth $5 million and a little raise. Not sure if this is his usual work on behalf of player agents and inflating salaries but that's an easy no.

tronoleaf

Jun 8, 2021
Honestly, how the heck does the PP go so long without being addressed? How can anyone not stop and think "Okay, this isn't working, let's shake this up" at a professional level when millions of dollars are on the line and a single game can cost you a playoff berth? I'm not much of a hockey guy anymore, so I don't really follow the Leafs that closely, but even in baseball you can see the coaches and players trying something different if things aren't working after a month or so. Heck, even legendary players will be benched if they're playing that poorly.

In my experience in corporate research, usually hiring structures like that are the result of "my buddy" appointments; ie, the suits above are giving their friends the best jobs regardless of their actual skill or production. Not all that different from "yes men" appointments. I don't really know the Leafs corporate structure because I never liked them as an investment, but given how many old guys are in charge there, I wouldn't be surprised they are also hiring old school.

Blue and white disease. Joe Thornton playing on the top power play unit lol, Marner being a b**** and refusing to play a different role. Keefe just doing what Dubas says.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Darren Dreger says Freddie believes he's worth $5 million and a little raise. Not sure if this is his usual work on behalf of player agents and inflating salaries but that's an easy no.

I understand that you have to start high in negotiations, but at what point are you doing more damage than good?

If I'm a GM, maybe I think Freddy can still be a decent goaltender, but now I also got to factor in the fact that he's a delusional idiot as well.

Reactions: rumman and Lumberg

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I understand that you have to start high in negotiations, but at what point are you doing more damage than good?

If I'm a GM, maybe I think Freddy can still be a decent goaltender, but now I also got to factor in the fact that he's a delusional idiot as well.
Hey I think every player should ask for the moon, if they get it it’s the GM’s fault not the players. Having said that the players have to realize they have expectations to live up to. At least that’s how it works on other teams.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007

Freddy always was a mental midget.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad