TSN: LeBrun: TOR interested in bringing back Andersen?

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Hopefully the money isn't big and the term isn't long. Hell, even a one year "prove it" deal would work out great

Reactions: ToneDog

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016
Someone mentioned it in another thread but I also think this is to help Freddy's negotiations elsewhere. "You'd have to offer me more because the leafs want me back...."

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Andy at 2.5-3 could be a steal if healthy. What's to lose when you plan to play Simmonds and Spezza on the 4th MEH line. Just hope it costs Dubas his job if they fail again.

Reactions: tronoleaf and 6ix

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Someone mentioned it in another thread but I also think this is to help Freddy's negotiations elsewhere. "You'd have to offer me more because the leafs want me back...."

Not really that easy to fool seasoned NHL GMs. :)

However its smart for Andersen to keep all his options open as he heads into free agency, and not burn any bridges including returning to the Leafs.

Maybe returning to Toronto in a split tandem netminding role is a better option then the ones he might receive through free agency. Might all come down to $$ and status of the teams in the discussion.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
The Leafs are going to need a 1B goalie to complement Campbell. It's obvious that Andersen's value has plummeted to 1B money. $2.5M is too much for the Leafs but maybe not for a team needing a cheap starter for a throwaway season (Detroit, Buffalo, etc.). Who else for this 1B role? Bernier? Reimer? Rinne? Dubnyk? Rittich? Halak?

Reactions: WilliamInLondon

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I doubt very much GMs are listening to LeBrun to find out who’s interested in which players.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad