LeBrun: LeBrun sees Vegas, Toronto and Calgary as best landing spots for Pietrangelo

StlBill

Jul 1, 2018
Tf? Why? Alberta is a pretty popular offseason location for NHL players. Of those 3 Calgary makes the most sense considering need and available cap space

Makes the most sense, outside of Tkachuck you’re top forwards are softer than Charmin and as constructed that team is not a contender. No offense, but if Alex and his family move north Toronto is the only viable option. Could see Vegas and Colorado being viable since they’re built to contend for the next 4 years. Remain hopeful that he stays put here where he’s established quite a legacy and his family is very comfortable. This town loves the guy, Blues FO needs to quit playing hardball...

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
lol in ur dreams...
Is it though? $13.5M & $7M caphits over 2 seasons in a flat cap world. BTW, ~20+ teams have internal caps now due to C-19, + several more w/o cap leaves ~5-7 teams with cap...suddenly musical chairs & voila, desperate times for some GM's.

The entire landscape & trade value paradigm has shifted to buyers (capspace teams), not sellers (desperate noncapspace teams).

Also Fleury is an expensive, aging 1B/good backup. Statsny 2c/3c tweener, decent but aging. Both long in the tooth, serviceable.

Tomas Tatar fetched a 1st/2nd/3rd, so my example isn't out of the realm of possibilities at all, certainly within reason.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
He'll pull a Stamkos. He'll hit free agency, listen to some offers, but wind up re-signing with the Blues.
Yup this situation is closer to Stamkos than Tavares.

If he was coming to TO as a #1 priority, you wouldn't hear a peep in the media.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I don't if he will sign in Calgary or not but when an insider of Lebrun's caliber mentions a team, than they a good idea of what is going on. The NHL is like a small town, where everyone knows everyone.

LeBrun's caliber? What is that exactly?

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Lol, he’s not going to Calgary. Vegas and possibly Tor are threats, but his wife isn’t moving to Alberta...
Calgary makes the most sense in a lot of ways actually. The cap space and roster spot are there. The team is in win now mode. Pietrangelo has a young family and Calgary is as family oriented as it gets. Troy Brouwer’s family also made the transition from St Louis to Calgary, so I don’t see how Pietrangelo couldn’t. If those 2 are also still friends, then it’ll all the more enticing.

NoSoup4U

Sep 22, 2020
Vegas has certainly shown that they are not afraid to make big moves, As an Avs fan i would much rather have him in the East (or on our team)

Reactions: Gabe MacAntanen

FlamesFreak4

Oct 10, 2012
Calgary
Outside of the absurd amount of players who retire here :laugh:

Calgary gets a few weeks of a year of bad cold (-25C) a year. Most of the winter hovers around 0C - -10C but super bright and sunny; while still cold. It’s not as bad as Edmonton or Winnipeg, for example.

I lived just outside of Toronto most of my life and I’ll take the winters in Calgary any day over Ontario.

Ledge And Dairy

Makes the most sense, outside of Tkachuck you’re top forwards are softer than Charmin and as constructed that team is not a contender. No offense, but if Alex and his family move north Toronto is the only viable option. Could see Vegas and Colorado being viable since they’re built to contend for the next 4 years. Remain hopeful that he stays put here where he’s established quite a legacy and his family is very comfortable. This town loves the guy, Blues FO needs to quit playing hardball...
LMAO what? You gonna talk about a team being soft then say Piet should go to Toronto instead? FYI Calgary is 6th these playoffs in Hits/60 with 35.84. St. Louis was 14th with 31.8 Hits/60, Colorado was 15th with 31.24 Hits/60 and Toronto was 24th with 19.0 Hits/60. The only team you listed above the Flames here was Vegas in 3rd with 39.22 Hits/60.

I fully expect him to stay but your statements on why he would never go to Calgary are ludicrous.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
I’m sure many people could. But the USA is going to be pretty high on most millionaires lists.
100% if I were a millionaire I would definitely love to be in the USA, if I had multiple kids to worry about then not so much. Especially if I were from another country like Pietrangelo.

StlBill

Jul 1, 2018
Calgary makes the most sense in a lot of ways actually. The cap space and roster spot are there. The team is in win now mode. Pietrangelo has a young family and Calgary is as family oriented as it gets. Troy Brouwer’s family also made the transition from St Louis to Calgary, so I don’t see how Pietrangelo couldn’t. If those 2 are also still friends, then it’ll all the more enticing.

Your bottom six may hit, but Monahan, Gaudreau, Lindholm, Backlund etc disappear in playoff hockey! Softer than Charmin!

I think he’d rather take his chances with the skill in Toronto or the playoff proven squad on his current team than take the bigger bucks to go live in Calgary...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad