LeBrun: LeBrun sees Vegas, Toronto and Calgary as best landing spots for Pietrangelo

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
A top 4 of Pietrangelo, Theodore, Martinez, and Schmidt is really solid. McNabb, Holden, Whitecloud make for a great 5-7 in terms of depth.

I think finding and allocating resources for an interim 2C to bridge Stastny -> Glass might be a bit more of a need, though.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Lol, he’s not going to Calgary. Vegas and possibly Tor are threats, but his wife isn’t moving to Alberta...

I don't if he will sign in Calgary or not but when an insider of Lebrun's caliber mentions a team, than they a good idea of what is going on. The NHL is like a small town, where everyone knows everyone.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Hard to see how either Vegas or Toronto can clear enough cap space to get him.

It will depend on how much he values making as much as he can as a UFA vs. being comfortable in St. Louis.
Not hard for the Leafs to clear enough cap space. Almost guaranteed he signs with the Leafs and at a lower cap hit than people expect.

Reactions: ANDI P IS CUTE

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Please re-sign in St. Louis.

I honestly don't want to sign him and get rid of any depth we have. It'll be like going all in when we haven't even gotten out of the 1st round with very very limited option to make course corrections moving forward.

Build a team with depth.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Please re-sign in St. Louis.

I honestly don't want to sign him and get rid of any depth we have. It'll be like going all in when we haven't even gotten out of the 1st round with very very limited option to make course corrections moving forward.

Build a team with depth.

Lol what? If you have Pietrangelo taking #1 min, then Rielly plays #2 min, Muzzin #3, and so on.

Isn't better to have the defence play their roles rather than above their heads, ...you know for a team that pays their defence one of the least in the NHL and can't win in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad