Post-Game Talk: Leave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
My one issue with Panarin, and I don't know if this perception is backed by the data, but it seems like he gets a lot of his even strength production against bad teams, and in games that are already over in terms of a lopsided score.

He had a series winning goal for us last year but cases like that seem to be rare for him. Kreider and Zib are both proportionately more likely to have a goal be a 'game winner' (Which I know is a problematic stat) but goals that are meaningful to the outcome of the game.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
The Kreider empty net thing? Wasnt directed at just him, Kakko did it like 3 ties in the playoffs alone last year, but it applies to just about everyone on the team. No 5v5 finishers outside of maybe Chytil

Leaving certain names out of your proposed lineup lol

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Last night, Maple Leaf Scotiabank Arena
1674749453142.png

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Leaving certain names out of your proposed lineup lol

Panarin-Mika-Tarasenko
The Kid Line
Kreider-Trocheck-Barbashev
vesey-Goodrow-Cuylle

2nd (1st with Cup appearance) Gauthier Z. Jones Blais for Tank (50% retained) & Barbie. Add another 2nd or 3rd if it's too light. Drury is probably going to overpay, because Armstrong is the actually one of best GMs in the league, but every Blues rental would help us.

Last edited:

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
I agree that Chytil has passed Trocheck. I also think Trocheck would be a very good #3 center.
In three years our management will realize that & play them accordingly.

The Kreider empty net thing? Wasnt directed at just him, Kakko did it like 3 ties in the playoffs alone last year, but it applies to just about everyone on the team. No 5v5 finishers outside of maybe Chytil
Chytil has an obsession with scoring goals beyond what the others show. Maybe Panarin.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Kreider-Mika-Tarasenko
The Kid Line
Kreider-Trocheck-Barbashev
vesey-Goodrow-Cuylle

2nd (1st with Cup appearance) Gauthier Z. Jones Blais for Tank (50% retained) & Barbie. Add another 2nd or 3rd if it's too light. Drury is probably going to overpay, because Armstrong is the actually one of best GMs in the league, but every Blues rental would help us.

double-shifting Kreider, eh?

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Imo we need someone for the top line it may as well be Kravtsov because for me i wanna see line 2 and 3 together as i think the speed and forechecking of those 6 would be hard to do anything with.
Panarin Zibanejad Kravtsov
Laf Chytil Kakko
Kreider Trochek Gauthier
Vesey goodrow Cullye

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
In very limited minutes, I was impressed by cuylle. He's gotten quicker, he's a heavy hitter, I thought he played really well.

I wasn't that pissed about the game. I thought we outplayed the leafs until the last 10mins. Our stars really sank the ship on this one.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
BTW, can the people that blame the play of the kids (this last amazing game notwithstanding) on our development explain how we turned a late first round project in Chytil into an excellent player who is solidly a second line player? This isn't McDavid that didn't have to be developed.

Reactions: Pawnee Rangers

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
BTW, can the people that blame the play of the kids (this last amazing game notwithstanding) on our development explain how we turned a late first round project in Chytil into an excellent player who is solidly a second line player? This isn't McDavid that didn't have to be developed.
You talking about the 3rd line center who should be the 2nd line center but won't be treated as such for half a decade because of how dumb we are and how we stunt development?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
You talking about the 3rd line center who should be the 2nd line center but won't be treated as such for half a decade because of how dumb we are and how we stunt development?

Sure. But the point is he's a good 2nd line center that we didn't ruin. And he was a late first rounder who was a project at the time of the draft.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
i'm not really in moral victory mode but it really wasnt a bad game. just a bad last 10 minutes.

kreider's dreadful backcheck on the tying goal is the stuff of nightmares. just let him walk right in.

Yeah I agree, it was going fairly well, then it just went to crap in the end. Kids line was playing so well, it really distracted me from the vets struggling last night.

Reactions: Larrybiv

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
i'm not really in moral victory mode but it really wasnt a bad game. just a bad last 10 minutes.

kreider's dreadful backcheck on the tying goal is the stuff of nightmares. just let him walk right in.

The worst part about it is that other than the one breakdown on the first goal the Rangers were backchecking all game. If you read the Leafs board they were saying we were playing it like a playoff game.

Reactions: Leonardo87

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah, you would think this was game 7 in the ECF or similar.

It's just been going that way all season. Between losing to bad teams and blowing leads we've probably blown like 15 points. Now some of that was made up by us coming back and beating good teams but I think we're pretty comfortably net negative in that differential.

Reactions: mrhockey193195

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Yeah I agree, it was going fairly well, then it just went to crap in the end. Kids line was playing so well, it really distracted me from the vets struggling last night.
Haha, yeah me too! It was so much fun (and share with GF) to watch them absolutely dominate every shift. Just seemed nothing else was going on UNLESS they were on the ice. Even though technically we lost, it was a huge win if this is the way these kids play moving forward.

Reactions: Leonardo87
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad