Post-Game Talk: Leave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
It's just been going that way all season. Between losing to bad teams and blowing leads we've probably blown like 15 points. Now some of that was made up by us coming back and beating good teams but I think we're pretty comfortably net negative in that differential.
Agreed, we are still in the hole for those inexcusable losses. That last Devil's loss is still burning my ass .

Impossible. We wouldn't have played the Leafs. :sarcasm:
Lol, you obviously know it was based on........oh, forget it. Lol

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Haha, yeah me too! It was so much fun (and share with GF) to watch them absolutely dominate every shift. Just seemed nothing else was going on UNLESS they were on the ice. Even though technically we lost, it was a huge win if this is the way these kids play moving forward.

They needed to get that 3rd goal for insurance, then it would have sealed it up even if it was scored early in the 3rd, imo. The last 10 mins or so were just a breakdown, and then the game tying goal, and then the OT goal was just a mess. They had the game in their hands only to give it away, which made it more frustrating.

Reactions: Larrybiv

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
BTW, can the people that blame the play of the kids (this last amazing game notwithstanding) on our development explain how we turned a late first round project in Chytil into an excellent player who is solidly a second line player? This isn't McDavid that didn't have to be developed.
The kid with the worst pedigree of the four is turning out to be the best player. Hmmm.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
They needed to get that 3rd goal for insurance, then it would have sealed it up even if it was scored early in the 3rd, imo. The last 10 mins or so were just a breakdown, and then the game tying goal, and then the OT goal was just a mess. They had the game in their hands only to give it away, which made it more frustrating.
Our best players/line of the game only got 1 shift in that span.

I wonder why we struggled. This is on the coaches. IF you do not have the pulse of the team and/or continue to blindly trust people that failed you ( even if they were over worked ) and don not trust players that you've never given the opportunity to...

IT's a failed mindset. There's a fine lien between rotating 3 lines/top4 and just relying on the same few players for the final 5 intense minutes

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
He is. I'm not worried about Kakko either, it's more about the knuckleheads screaming the Rangers don't know how to develop forwards.
they don't though.

If your child starts talking at 6 years old, there's a developmental issue. If they're not potty trained until 10 years of age, it doesn't mean you're good at developing. 'because they got there eventually'.

Unless there's some 4D Chess where you lock them up long term before they develop but that's not the case here.

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph
They have blown some 3rd period leads for sure. It's annoying. They have also had a few comeback wins in the 3rd. Most recently they came back against Minny and Dallas late in 3rd and won in OT.
and Tavares could have ended it with a second left if not for the bar, so we did salvage a point.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Really? Isn't that cumulative number and not on a per game basis? I remember he was very mediocre in that area earlier in the season though.
It is indeed cumulative. Not sure what the per game rank is. Unless he has played a lot more than other top goalies I don't think the rank would move too much. He's played 1 more game than Sorokin and 2 more than Oettinger for example.

Point is that his SV% is down and GSAE is still great means we surrender too many high danger chances which I think we all know. Trouba, Hapur/Hajek/Jones and like most of our forwards being the main culprits. Not that he hasn't given up more on softies/breakaways than last year because he absolutely has.

Last edited:

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
they don't though.

If your child starts talking at 6 years old, there's a developmental issue. If they're not potty trained until 10 years of age, it doesn't mean you're good at developing. 'because they got there eventually'.

Unless there's some 4D Chess where you lock them up long term before they develop but that's not the case here.
I think you think every first overall is supposed to hop into the league and be Sidney Crosby. It doesn't work like that, home slice. Laff's problem is foot speed. No amount of PP time is going to fix that. He needs to commit to skating in the offseason.

I'm totally fine with how these kids are developing. None of them are even 24 years old yet. Have some patience. Hate to break it to you, but guys like Drury and Gallant no more about what it takes to be successful in this league than you or I ever hope to.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I think you think every first overall is supposed to hop into the league and be Sidney Crosby. It doesn't work like that, home slice. Laff's problem is foot speed. No amount of PP time is going to fix that. He needs to commit to skating in the offseason.

I'm totally fine with how these kids are developing. None of them are even 24 years old yet. Have some patience. Hate to break it to you, but guys like Drury and Gallant no more about what it takes to be successful in this league than you or I ever hope to.
Such a dishonest argument when people say this.

In fact this whole post is one of the worst I have ever seen on this forum. The amount of coping , dishonesty, and head in the sand nonsense in just 2 paragraphs is staggering.

No, not one single Rangers fan expected Laf to come in and score 100 points as an 18 year old and be as good as a top 5 player in the history of hockey.

Are we so “impatient” and “demanding” to expect better than the worst performing #1 pick in a generation? Well sorry about that. Also love how the age bar keeps getting moved up. “Not even 24 yet!!!” He says. Before it was “they’re still teenagers!” “They can’t even legally buy a beer yet!”.

Not even going to dignify your last point with a response. Pure clownery.

Last edited:

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
they don't though.

So, is the inability to develop forwards mysteriously floating around the practice facility, effecting every new coach that comes in? Yet, defensemen are immune to this phenomenon?

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
Rangers lost because they played an injured player. I don't see the need to do this during the regular season. Trouba wasn't an NHL player to start the season. Hopefully this week off goes a long way to get everyone healthy. Rangers need a Harpur replacement ASAP. Give Roberston a cup of coffee. Better to see what they have in him sooner rather than later in case he's needed later in the season/playoffs. They can showcase Jones for a few games as well since I don't see a future for him on this team.

I like Panarin and Mika together they just need a better right winger. Last night would have been the perfect time to rest Kreider, who clearly looked injured against Florida, and give Kravtsov a shot up there. I think Kreider/Trocheck make a good pairing when Kreider isn't injured. The kid line was good again but I still think if anyone can make a top six spot work it's Chytil, even if it's at RW. Kakko and Laf just don't have the killer instinct yet that Chytil developed in the playoffs last season. Have Goodrow center the kids till they get a better center at the TDL, but for now I would keep the kids together. I would definitely sit Kreider tomorrow and see what Kravy can do on the top line.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
Such a dishonest argument when people say this.

In fact this whole post is one of the worst I have ever seen on this forum. The amount of coping , dishonesty, and head in the sand nonsense in just 2 paragraphs is staggering.

No, not one single Rangers fan expected Laf to come in and score 100 points as an 18 year old and be as good as a top 5 player in the history of hockey.

Are we so “impatient” and “demanding” to expect better than the worst performing #1 pick in a generation? Well sorry about that. Also love how the age bar keeps getting moved up. “Not even 24 yet!!!” He says. Before it was “they’re still teenagers!” “They can’t even legally buy a beer yet!”.

Not even going to dignify your last point with a response. Pure clownery.
You keep saying the same thing in every thread, over and over and over. You're an impatient child.

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly
and Tavares could have ended it with a second left if not for the bar, so we did salvage a point.

For what it's worth, Chytil had a great game but he could have lost it for the team there. Chytil had Tavares but let him go to puck watch. If he sticks with Tavares, he might have been able to make a play on that puck or tie up his stick. Luckily, it goes off the bar and we can talk about Chytil's two goals rather than him blowing his coverage.

You can see it at around 4:19 on the highlight video here:

Reactions: CLW

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
they don't though.

Yeah, but coming into your own as an NHL hockey player at 23 is nowhere near as uncommon and problematic as not learning to speak till you are 6...
But also what if you can't speak till you are 6, but then you can speak 8 languages by 7? Things I think about bceause I'm a psychopath.

• Haha
Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: