Post-Game Talk: Leave

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It is indeed cumulative. Not sure what the per game rank is. Unless he has played a lot more than other top goalies I don't think the rank would move too much. He's played 1 more game than Sorokin and 2 more than Oettinger for example.

Point is that his SV% is down and GSAE is still great means we surrender too many high danger chances which I think we all know. Trouba, Hapur/Hajek/Jones and like most of our forwards being the main culprits. Not that he hasn't given up more on softies/breakaways than last year because he absolutely has.

I really don't worry about his ability to make spectacular saves. What you're saying is exactly the problem, he gives up too many soft goals.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Agree. Its gotta be mental I guess.

I remember last year and his rookie year he barely gave up any soft goals AND he was making spectacular but later in the season and the playoffs he gave up too many soft goals. He has the ability to make the most spectacular saves in the league maybe with Sorokin and a few others as tops in the league. Wish he was more consistent with the other saves this year.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Woke up feeling like I still want Gallant gone, preferably Friday, but feeling better about the overall performance. This team needs scoring desperately, as @Machinehead said, and the game was over if Kreider puts one in the empty net. Where have i heard that before?

Maybe you now understand why I always say

THIS group of forwards isn't good enough

ergo

Keep building for a dominant FUTURE forward group.

There isn't a way to quickly and affordably add 2 more impact forwards for 2-3 Cup runs.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Woke up feeling like I still want Gallant gone, preferably Friday, but feeling better about the overall performance. This team needs scoring desperately, as @Machinehead said, and the game was over if Kreider puts one in the empty net. Where have i heard that before?

The goal should be to acquire some top 9 talent, push Vesey and Goodrow on to the 4th line.

Panarin-Mika-
Kid Line
Kreider-Trocheck
Vesey-Goodrow-Cuylle
Been saying this for a while and it could be that the lines are a little different, but the team desperately needs two middle 6 forwards. You can always go back to Kreider-Mika-Kakko as a line. Find a RW that goes with Panarin-Chytil. Same for Lafreniere-Trocheck. Vesey-Goodrow-Gauthier is a strong 4th line. Goat has the speed for the line and would be needed.

Even with Harpur re-signing, they need a 3LD since neither he or Hajek are ideal in that role. Would love to see Jones again, but I doubt it and think he's more likely to be traded.

I think Gus Nyquist would be someone worth looking at. Max Domi is someone I'll ask for too. Same for Dadonov. All fill that same role as secondary scoring.

Reactions: McRanger92

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Been saying this for a while and it could be that the lines are a little different, but the team desperately needs two middle 6 forwards. You can always go back to Kreider-Mika-Kakko as a line. Find a RW that goes with Panarin-Chytil. Same for Lafreniere-Trocheck. Vesey-Goodrow-Gauthier is a strong 4th line. Goat has the speed for the line and would be needed.

Even with Harpur re-signing, they need a 3LD since neither he or Hajek are ideal in that role. Would love to see Jones again, but I doubt it and think he's more likely to be traded.

I think Gus Nyquist would be someone worth looking at. Max Domi is someone I'll ask for too. Same for Dadonov. All fill that same role as secondary scoring.

It needs two top 6 forwards who have to play in the middle 6.

That's a Cup winning forward group.

Less than that, you're just an average playoff team.

Reactions: UnSandvich

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Maybe you now understand why I always say

THIS group of forwards isn't good enough

ergo

Keep building for a dominant FUTURE forward group.

There isn't a way to quickly and affordably add 2 more impact forwards for 2-3 Cup runs.

You can say it all you want, it's just not whats going to happen. That ship sailed when Gorton & JD signed Panarin and Trouba.

Reactions: Slaydagnar

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I just don’t know if available cap space will be available for three pieces which would absolute maximum reasonably possible. I think only two signings would be make - someone to play RW in top6 (more Vatrano level than Copp) and 3LD. If it’s a buyers market as we’re told I hope Drury is able to hold on to both 1sts in 2023.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I just don’t know if available cap space will be available for three pieces which would absolute maximum reasonably possible. I think only two signings would be make - someone to play RW in top6 (more Vatrano level than Copp) and 3LD. If it’s a buyers market as we’re told I hope Drury is able to hold on to both 1sts in 2023.

Drury needs to be able to get a top 6 RW a good bottom 6er and another defenseman without moving either first. Depending on the player i would be open to a conditional first based on getting to the final. I think he goes pretty close to all in because there will be some soul searching from the organization come the summer.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Lol what has the guy done to deserve the benefit of the doubt? Get carried by a goalie having a .935 season?
Hockey is different here. We do not give coaches credit, only criticism. Especially since our coaches have always had the luxury of outstanding goaltending sprinkled in with a McD, a Fox and actually pretty decent defenseman in general. Starting to think that maybe some here could coach nearly equivalent. And I was a GG supporter, but he's losing me.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
You can say it all you want, it's just not whats going to happen. That ship sailed when Gorton & JD signed Panarin and Trouba.
People I've talked to don't get why I have an overall VERY negative view of the job they did.

This is definitely one of the reasons...well two of them

Everytime the nyr have a mini w streak I get questioned on it. But hockey is a game of constant mini streaks w no meaning.

Yea panarin year 1 and 2 was going to wow us stat wise but we would go nowhere. What happens years 3-6?

The ecf appearance mirage colored things rosy for a lot of people

Last edited by a moderator:

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Blais is on his conditioning stint. If it doesn't work, he'll be on waivers or moved out to another team in a deal where they get one of those 3 pieces.

There will be plenty of cap room and roster space. Kravtsov is also likely gone to another team too. I appreciate him trying to make it work this season, but I don't think the way things went the previous years has left Drury's mind.

The Rangers are going to be like most other teams, they'll need to have teams retain 50% of the cap on expiring deals. It's how you get a Vesey-Goodrow-Gauthier line or something similar.

It's going to be like this for a little while longer too, unless someone in the system pops and becomes an NHLer in the next 9 months. Othmann is the one with the best odds. Cuylle and Berard are there too. Still wouldn't rule out Trivigno as a player as well.

A misconception about the roster is that the rebuild is accounted for. It's actually in the midway process. The lower picks and prospects are still filtering their way up.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Phone battery at 50%. It's a sign.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230126-181941_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230126-181941_Chrome.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Leonardo87

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
So, Key and Kravtsov walk into a bar after Key's birthday party.

After a few beers, they call it a night.

Kravtsov puts his plastic down. But Key doesn't do anything.

"Hey, are you gonna help with the tab?" says Vitali.

"Nah," says Key. "How else are you gonna collect points?"

*rim shot*

CLW

Nov 11, 2018

*rim shot*

doh!

#SOSsaveourKravy

Reactions: will1066

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

*rim shot*
Miller doesn’t strike me a chirper. Make it Gallant instead

Reactions: will1066

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
And then dig a little deeper into WHO was the one putting them out there? And WHO decided to stick the 3 players that had the most positive effect on the game, to the bench (basically)
My point was Drury was almost certainly pissed at the players standing around than Gallant putting out Mika, Panarin, and Miller. Those are 3 perfectly acceptable players to start OT. I'm not sure why Fox wasn't out there but Miller is more than capable in OT. This board is looking at way too many instances to blame the coach. Blame the players for allowing Marner to skate around them.

Reactions: Larrybiv and tlk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese