GBU Learning Lessons - Game 1 Loss 5-1, 10-12-2023

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Our best players need to be our best players, and tonight, particularly on offense, they weren't. But Thompson, Skinner, Tuch, and Cozens have demonstrated what they they can do in the past, so I'm not getting worked up over it in game 1.

Now if they stay silent for several games, then it's time to worry. But overall, I wasn't too disappointed with the rest of the game. A couple of bad bounces, the occasional brain fart...but if the offense could have gotten going, you can live with that.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
"This year's NJ Devils."
Let's hope tonight wasn't a sign of things to come.
Greenway, Benson, Krebs and Samuelson looked like they came to play. Everyone else kind of going through the motions.

Well at this time last year the fans were chanting “Fire Ruff” and they lost their first two games by 3 goals. So there is still a chance…

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
G: Tickets are going to remain cheap and easy to get

B:

U: We had all of the same problems as last year, but without the good offense.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
The Rangers are going to be cobbled towards the end of the season playing all year blocking shots like that. If that is the Laviolette style, trap game and blocked shots, good luck to Rangers fans hoping for a healthy year.

Despite that, the Rangers played a playoff style leave it all out on the ice. They probably expected more from Buffalo as we all did and were probably just as let down as we were when no challenge was presented.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Rangers played a good road game, which means sucking the life out of things and making it hard to watch at times. Coaching squad needs to figure out a way to beat a neutral zone trap team.

Greenway looked good. I'm glad I stopped watching when it became 3-0. Was able to get some video editing done.

CrazyWayne

Dec 15, 2018
It's the first game nothing to worry about. Saw a lot of good skating, just played a team that was really ready to play and frankly wanted the win a lot more

I do want to put coaching under the bad column

The sabres looked like they expected to play against the rangers from last season, the ones that would skate not the ones that were gonna play a hard 1-3-1

The first goal against granato wanted to match the Krebs/z/okposi line against the the rangers panaran/laf/chytil and short shifted tage/skinner/tuch to do so.

Second faceoff of the game it's a defensive zone faceoff, put oloffson out there. The guy gets caved in the defensive zone. Why? Use him more neutral or offensive zone starts

If they want to use cozens/peterka in all situations/defensive match ups oloffson needs to be moved off that line

Reactions: HaNotsri and Beerz

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Biggest needs going into the offseason were to add a legit starting goalie, a top 4 Dman, and some toughness. Biggest needs coming out of the offseason are a legit starting goalie, a top 4 Dman, and some toughness. So I don't know, Adams is waiting till the trade deadline or.....
well at least 1 of these things resembled tonights game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad