League of Legends - Spring Split Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olvast

Sep 12, 2011
Some tumult going on amongst Origen's squad.

Rumours have the bot lane leaving (possibly for G2) and maybe Forgiven joining. Personally I'd hate these changes, as I dislike G2 and Forgiven.

Hopefully Fanatic will get back to former glory with Yellowstar coming back.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Forgiven is so zzzzzz. Dude is literally Doublelift but worse (in the idea of all hype and nothing to show for).

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
Boys, it's a christmas miracle. I went and pulled an 8 game win streak out of my ass to go straight from silver 1 to gold 5 after being stuck in silver 2 for an eternity. Wanted this for so long lol felt like I was chasing the dragon

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Was down 20 kills, made a comeback, got two inhibs down and then my power went out. :(

RIP. Just noticed I got demoted because of that loss too.

Last edited:

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
So I havent played LoL in like 4 months, but it sounds like Riot is completely ruining their game.

All they had to do was add group finder or w.e to rank, and completely remove dynamic queue.

I dont get why large companies are afraid to admit their mistakes, instead they always try to fix their problems in weird ways making things even worse than they were.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
So I havent played LoL in like 4 months, but it sounds like Riot is completely ruining their game.

All they had to do was add group finder or w.e to rank, and completely remove dynamic queue.

I dont get why large companies are afraid to admit their mistakes, instead they always try to fix their problems in weird ways making things even worse than they were.

The new changes are only really a problem for Masters/Challengers.

Basically Riot has to weigh queue times, role selection and match quality. That stuff is really easy at lower ELOs, but at the higher ELOs(where the player pool is much smaller), it gets tricky. Instead of waiting an hour to get your role and play against players at roughly the same ELO, they changed it so that you would wait 30 minutes to get your role and play against a wider array of skill levels. They realized they ****ed that up since some of the skill gaps were way too large(i.e. high challengers playing against plats/diamonds). The only thing left was to reduce the likelihood of players getting their main role to keep queue times steady and improve match quality.

They added an auto-fill feature. Basically after a certain time break point, it just auto-fills the player. That's why most of the pros are upset with the current dynamic queue. They want fast queue times, to get their main role every game and to only play against other challengers/masters, but it's just not doable.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
Dynamic queue is great. The only people who dislike it, and rightfully so, is super high elo due to queue times and poor matchmaking. Anyone below that who doesn't like it is just a bangwagon who can't make up their own mind on matter

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
Huhi is not a good fit for CLG at all. Especially when you have someone like Darshan trying to split push %90 of the game

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Huhi is not a good fit for CLG at all. Especially when you have someone like Darshan trying to split push %90 of the game

Huhi was hardly the problem that series. Game 1, yeah he got camped hard, but its not like CLG was making plays anywhere else on the map, plus Darshan just straight up got killed in a 1v1, which was pretty sad. Game 2, he was probably playing the best (aside from Aphro), but once again, Darshan was looking like a plat top laner against a challenger top.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012

Haven't played in three. That's what I hear, too. LoL hasn't been fun in a a long time.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Lol is still fun, don't spew BS.

The matchmaking is okay, much better than the free for all they had before.

I'm at something like 75% winrate with jinx over three seasons, yet I'm still bronze... I really need to play Jinx, and only Jinx, because I suck at everything else. :laugh:

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
I'm guessing that's more due to burnout than any new changes though.

Maybe. I don't see how people play this game consistently over 3-4 years. I started right after SGU was released, and I've taken one six month break, one two month, and now this current three months hiatus. It's a really awful experience after a while, and there are a lot of good games out there.

I also have a new baby, though, so that could account for my lack of interest. But I still scrounged up enough time to play the hell out of Dark Souls 3. Idk.

Edit: Also, dynamic queue really changed the game for me. I'm not challenger or anything, but I've always played solo (I'm 30; no one I know irl plays League...). What I loved about any given queue was that I didn't know what position I was going to get. I genuinely enjoyed all positions, and had a decent to great champion pool at every one. I liked the unpredictability of going into every queue basically filling.

Now, "fill" is essentially locking in support. I don't know... It's strange. It's like choosing a predetermined role took some of the fun away for me. Hard to explain. I really don't like dynamic queue for non-ranked gameplay.

Last edited:

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Just took me over 10 mins to get a jungle game in low plat elo lol. Then I had a mid fizz proceed to build tank and was part of 4 kills out of 24.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad