League of Legends - Spring Split Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
True on Soaz, but in that same series, Huni played Gangplank and Soaz still destroyed him on the other side of the matchup

Eh, Huni's GP has always been lackluster. Soaz was a man possessed that series.

Huni had a fantastic series against EDG at worlds. He's shown up in BOs before. He may be approaching uncoachable, though.

Speaking of uncoachable, anyone read that **** about Swift? What a ****** nozzle. He's going to single handedly ruin QG. And apparently he was instrumental in forcing out Dade.

I really want Dade to find a home somewhere in the pro scene, even out west. Kid can still flat out play when he wants to. Only mid who ever approached Faker tier.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
H2K/FNC game five was such a microcosm of everything wrong with League right now. OP ADCs, short death timers, and absolutely irrelevant turrets. Riot has been steadily removing any tactics and strategy from their original RTS game model. Turrets are basically big minions. FNC five man pushed five turrets, one inhib, and a nexus in less than 30 seconds. Ridiculous. This game is basically TDM at this point.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
Perkz is so good. God damn.

game 1 of CLG TSM was terrific, hope the rest of the series is as great

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I don't even really like CLG, but that was a sweet victory.

Aphro taking shots at DL in the last interview was too funny.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
The new dragon system on the PBE seems interesting.

What are elemental dragons?

Instead of the current 5-buff dragon system, we’re changing it to 4 different types of elemental dragons, each of which gives a different buff. The types and order of elemental dragon spawn are randomized (with some restrictions) and it’s possible to get multiple stacks of one element (e.g. 2 air dragon kills gives more movement speed than 1 air dragon kill). After 35 minutes, the dragons are replaced by an elder dragon, who gives a consistent buff of his own and amplifies existing buffs when killed.

Each Elemental Dragon has slightly different attacks and stats:

Fire - AOE damage (just like current dragon). Impacts positioning when taking dragon primarily, some impact on pet users.

Water - Auto attacks slow. Mainly relevant if it's a potentially contested dragon, since the slow will limit your ability to disengage quickly. Some optimizations around getting it to attack an enemy for the slow situationally.

Earth - Slow hard hitting auto attacks that also AOE. More health, armor and MR than other dragons. Slower to take, giving longer windows in which to contest it.

Air - Fast moving and fast auto attacking. Highest single target damage, chases better than other dragons."

Each Elemental Dragon gives a different bonus to the team on death, which can stack up to three times.

Fire - This unit has 8/16/24% (based on stacks) increased Ability Power and Attack Damage, +50% if they have Mark of the Elder Dragon.

Water - Every 18/12/6 seconds this unit restores 10% of their missing Health and Mana, 15% if they have Mark of the Elder Dragon

Earth - This unit deals 10%/20%/30% additional damage as True Damage to Epic Monsters and Towers, +50% if you have Mark of the Elder Dragon

Air - >This unit has 15/30/45 (based on stacks) additional Out of Combat Movement Speed, +50% if they have Mark of the Elder Dragon.

After 35 minutes, the elemental dragons will stop spawning and instead the Elder Dragon will spawn!

Grants Mark of the Elder Dragon to team on death, granting a true damage dot and buffing elemental dragon marks:

"On dealing damage to non-turrets, this unit deals True Damage over 3 seconds equal to 45 + 45 per stack of Elemental Dragon Buff. This also empowers their current Dragon Marks, increasing their power."

Buff is temporary and lasts 90 seconds.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Looks like Quas, Santorin, Fox, Steelback and Smoothie are going to be a challenger team next season.

It's backed by IMT's CEO and sounds like the plan is to qualify for the LCS and then sell the spot since the players' contracts have a small % of LCS spot sale money in it.

C9 seems to be making a big challenger team too.

Hai, Balls, Lemon, Rush, Solo, Altec and a couple randoms are listed on the open qualifier tournament.

I wonder if they're thinking of doing a TL/TLA type of system after the rumours of them picking up Impact and bringing back Meteos.

Last edited:

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
ye seems like those c9 guys are just going to 'boost' that team into the NACS. Then next year they can rock a 10 ish man roster for the best of 3's.

TSM making a challenger team too.

Olvast

Sep 12, 2011
Rumours have Yellowstar heading back to EU. At the same time Fanatic has demoted Klaj to the challenger squad.

Here is the list of the people who were surprised of these events:

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Next split is going to be a madhouse as teams figure out how best to handle the increase of games. I love it.

May also force Riot to actually make their challenger series realistic instead of just a tacked on idea

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
Really hard to judge FNC. Klaj was obviously awful. Gamsu has been solid, but Spirit has been a huge disappointment imo. Maybe he needs a meta change to take him away from having to play the likes of Kindred and Graves. Not that he has been bad, I just expected a lot more

Dugray

No Gifs This Time
Nov 22, 2006
Longueuil
I cannot earn enough keys to open all the chests I have. I have legit 7 chests sitting in my inventory on one account and 5 chests on another account but I can't open any of em cause I only play 2 games a day. Not enough fragments lol.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I cannot earn enough keys to open all the chests I have. I have legit 7 chests sitting in my inventory on one account and 5 chests on another account but I can't open any of em cause I only play 2 games a day. Not enough fragments lol.

Same. I've gotten more chests than key fragments lately.

Olvast

Sep 12, 2011
So... MSI starts this week. All split I was hyping up to see how Immortals and AHQ would fare against the Korean champions. Now there's no no IMT, no AHQ and I'm pretty bummed. G2, CLG, FW and RNG do not sound like an energetic lineup for me... even from Korea, I'd preferred to see ROX over SKT (but that's a minor complaint). SKT should have no trouble sweeping through.

Of course I'm going to watch, but don't know who to cheer for. Probably going to have to go with the goofs from EU, just because they are from my region.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Nothing about this game is exciting right now, which is why this thread has been more or less dead for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad