Post-Game Talk: Leafs with a perfect game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
A pretty good game for the boys. Really like the Marlies Grads, they all seem to be gritty, with good speed and play a simple game(except for Goat).

Reactions: TheGreatOne11

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Tells us we should bump Moore up and run two all skill lines like Tampa. Hell get Grundstrom/Timashov/Marchment up here too and run 3 skilled lines.

Moore-Tavares-Marner
Johnsson-Matthews-Nylander
other skilled guy-Kadri-Kapanen
Hyman-Marleau-Brown

Can Bracco play Left Wing? He's exactly the kind of guy Kadri and Kapanen need. Or switch Kappy to left. Whatever. that line needs an playmaker.

Mattavarner

Apr 17, 2014
Who ******* cares what he did in the world's? His playoff performance sucked and he looked wiped out, expecting him to play 65+ regular season games is dumb

There's a reason the bulk of teams try to avoid that many regular season starts for the starter, its a bad idea

I won't tell you what to do you, you don't tell me what to do, deal? Stick to what your good at, pissing people off in the prospects thread

Give him plenty, 60 odd games is enough imo

:laugh:

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Too bad Pettersson wasn't playing so they have that excuse. Hughson and Simpleton mentioned it enough times, at any rate.
You do know it a nationally televised game and since the canucks sucked, they have to say something about the team

Last edited:

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Good game. I live in Vancouver and watched it at a friends house where everyone else there was a Canucks fan. Going into the third they all wanted to change it to the world junior gold medal game. But I fought strong.
I probably heard 15 times that "things would be different is Pettersson was playing." But it was mostly tongue in cheek (maybe?)

Given the score, I tried very hard to not rub it in. Ok... not that hard.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
hyman with his limited skills looks fine with tavares and marner, brown with a bit better skills looks even better imo, can you imagine how kapanen with even better skills and speed can look with them

just like how matthews playing with a great offensive winger and another very good offensive winger, that line looked so good tonight

DollarAndADream

Feb 27, 2012
As a Canucks fan who also enjoys the Leafs, as soon as I heard no Pettersson for this game, I knew it was a write off and likely blow out. Our team sucks without Petey.

Great performance by the Leafs. Canucks couldn't do jack shit.

Reactions: LeafSteel

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
I know there is half of a season left, but it seems like Boston-Toronto 1st round again looks most likely. Buffalo is not there yet and the other teams are trash. I think with home ice, we beat them.
We will beat them regardless. They needed to come back in the third period of a game 7 when 1. We had no Tavares, 2. Kadri was suspended for almost half of the series, 3. Andersen was god awful for most of the series and 4. Matthews and Nylander had bad performances relative to expectations.

Reactions: kb

Jackson14

Feb 23, 2013
Good game. I live in Vancouver and watched it at a friends house where everyone else there was a Canucks fan. Going into the third they all wanted to change it to the world junior gold medal game. But I fought strong.
I probably heard 15 times that "things would be different is Pettersson was playing." But it was mostly tongue in cheek (maybe?)

Given the score, I tried very hard to not rub it in. Ok... not that hard.

Did you point out to them the colour of our goalies pads?

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
They should try to rest Hainsey a bit before the playoffs. Curious that they aren't. If Hainsey has value it is during the post season when he is rested

Reactions: PuckMagi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad