Post-Game Talk: Leafs with a perfect game

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
I don't know what you guys are talking about, Hughson isn't a Canucks fan, if anything he's a Leafs fan, don't you remember for many years he was the voice of the Blue Jays. His broadcasting career has involves Toronto teams.

What are you smoking?
He is notorious for being anti leaf and as pro Canucklehead as can be.

Do you never watch CBC?

He is the announcer that ruins and make games not as fun.

Last night he only talked about the nucks... he talked about them like they were the second coming and gave every excuse in the book. MarkStrom was given so much praise you would think he is Lou reincarnated. Even when down 5-0 he couldn't help himself. There was large stretches of the game that he only mentioned the leafs when something happened. But immediately switched back to some more drivel about the nucks.

CBC needs to be smarter and at least find some play by play and color guys who can at least banter back and forth...someone speaking for both Canadian teams rather then turning the game into a minimize everything Toronto and trumpet the smallest thing done by the nucks

Reactions: Tracer Bullet

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Possible but it depends if they need a goalie.
Timing it well would also be a good plan.

That's not going to happen, as soon as Hyman is fit he's coming off IR and Sparks+Andersen are already practicing with the team

Either Hutchinson goes down or Sparks goes on waivers very shortly, **** I want to keep Moore around as well

The asset management way says send down Hutchinson so you don't lose Sparks, I'm not sure Babcock cares about that however

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I got a good laugh out of that one. Marner completely dangles and outsmuscles boeser yet somehow in hughson backwards world boeser was the shining star on that play

Yep wasn't it amazing how Boesser only had a 2 minute rest and was back out on the ice... ( a point Hughson made over and over), I was sure Hughson was gonna run down to the ice and give mouth to mouth to Boesser to make sure he recovered in time ... ;)

In all due respect to Boesser, because he is one of the best talents in the league, when Marner can take a young star to school like that, it really underlines how gifted Marner is. IMO he is our best player, better than Matthews, better than Tavares, better than Andersen, better than Morgan. He may not have the best shot, or be our fastest skater but no one has influenced as many games as Mitch has this year. This guy is IMO our MVP.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
And the whole production is pretty f-up too, they showed the Vancouver skyline just before the puck drop when the game was in Toronto. No wonder why most HNIC Leafs games this year didn't draw much viewerships at all(mostly under 900k per game, while 2.5 million watched WJH on TSN)

Did they really? I missed the first 10 min of the 1st period.

I've never seen a marquee franchise in any league get as much disrespect as the Leafs do. Not the Pats, not the Celtics, not the Yankees.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
The funny thing is if Sparks is waived he will get claimed, and if he gets claimed and Hutch ****s the bed the same bunch will harp on Dubas for ruining their goalie depth

If we end waiving Sparks and he’s claimed than Dubas should get a little criticism for that. If we had to lose Sparks to waivers anyways we’d have been better off to keep McElhinney.

Optimist

Wendel and I
Feb 16, 2015
Ontario Canada
Is there a stat that measures puck hog ness ?
A puck hog takes shots from areas you don't score from.
He's third on the team for shots on goal behind Tavares and Marner. But at least they score goals. Wasn't he leading the universe in shots on goal last year or was it the year prior?

Leafling

Oct 24, 2015
I don't like Kapenen with Kadri, hes snake bit (kadri) hogging puck losing it..no one can set Kap up for the speed entry I'd prefer Kap Matthew's, JT Marner Johsson..I think Kapnis with Kadri to balance the attack but that line has no ozone time and marleaus lost his offensive game huge but his leadership etc is still good to have. Though I don't think he will be around next year due to his contract

It can be frustrating to watch the pointless steak of naz but man those three had 10 shots on goal combined. I really think they should stick with this three line attack for now. Marleau i am hoping will step up near the end of the season too make it a deadly combination.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
When did not having sound on at the bar become a thing? ...in the day, bars always had sound for the Jays and Leafs. Even hotel bars.... last time I was in TO I had to beg to have sound.
This exact same ******** happened to me last weekend to watch Islanders/Leafs. Went to a "sports bar" and asked for the volume to be turned up, the waitress supervisor wouldnt turn it up, just sat there drinking whatever **** drink he had and talking to people at the bar.
Then again I live in Draft Lottery, Alberta so stiff *** was probably upset from his Oilers losing earlier in the day and turned the bar music onto one of those Stingray radio stations or wtf its called.

Looking back on it I bet it was Hughson that was calling the game so I probably wasn't missing much. However its still a damn sports bar, wake up.

Reactions: Trawna Phan

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
That's not going to happen, as soon as Hyman is fit he's coming off IR and Sparks+Andersen are already practicing with the team

Either Hutchinson goes down or Sparks goes on waivers very shortly, **** I want to keep Moore around as well

The asset management way says send down Hutchinson so you don't lose Sparks, I'm not sure Babcock cares about that however
1st agreed strongly on Moore. He has stolen Ennis spot.
I understand the asset management but I agree with @Cor about the best man gets the job so we don't have to overplay Andersen.
Dubas needs to understand that if the coach is happy with the backup situation he will play him more and save Andie.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
1st agreed strongly on Moore. He has stolen Ennis spot.
I understand the asset management but I agree with @Cor about the best man gets the job so we don't have to overplay Andersen.
Dubas needs to understand that if the coach is happy with the backup situation he will play him more and save Andie.

Last season Babcock had a backup with a 930sv% and still played Andersen a ton
I think it's just how Babcock's wired, he wants the starter to play a ton so that wouldn't really come into it for me

It's pure asset management, is losing Sparks for nothing acceptable? When you can just send Hutchinson down?

I'd hang onto Sparks but I'm not to concerned either way, I don't think either guy is very good so meh

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I think it's just how Babcock's wired, he wants the starter to play a ton so that wouldn't really come into it for me

It's pure asset management, is losing Sparks for nothing acceptable? When you can just send Hutchinson down?

I'd hang onto Sparks but I'm not to concerned either way, I don't think either guy is very good so meh
I feel like Freddy likes to play as much as possible, and that's why he starts so often. if he wanted a rest, I'm sure Babcock would go with another goalie

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I feel like Freddy likes to play as much as possible, and that's why he starts so often. if he wanted a rest, I'm sure Babcock would go with another goalie

Sometimes a coach needs to save a guy from himself, 60-62 regular season games should be the aim no matter what Andersen says

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other

IF Hutch is the better goalie? Take the risk. The goal is to make the team better.
As for Babcock overplaying Anderson when we had McE, I don't know, but I know it's a good thing to have a goalie in the flow going into the post season.
Maybe last year is a learning year for Babcock?

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
IF Hutch is the better goalie? Take the risk. The goal is to make the team better.
As for Babcock overplaying Anderson when we had McE, I don't know, but I know it's a good thing to have a goalie in the flow going into the post season.

Kiwi thinks Andersen was really overworked during the season and the playoffs and yet he went on to be a stud at the World Championships. :help:

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

Is he better? He looks more technically sound but his numbers aren't exactly impressive, that's still a giant red flag for me

Does your starter need to play 66 regular season games when your playoff situation was sorted by early January?
Maybe if your fighting for your playoff life but not in that situation, we had the opportunity to give him rest and refused to take it

I hope he's learned some lessons but we've played the crap out of Andersen this season as well, Sparks has only played on b2b nights and when Andersen has been injured, it's just not enough imo

Kiwi thinks Andersen was really overworked during the season and the playoffs and yet he went on to be a stud at the World Championships. :help:

I thought we agreed to give this argument up after you realized how great my argument was and that you were wrong :thumbu:

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Is he better? He looks more technically sound but his numbers aren't exactly impressive, that's still a giant red flag for me

Does your starter need to play 66 regular season games when your playoff situation was sorted by early January?
Maybe if your fighting for your playoff life but not in that situation, we had the opportunity to give him rest and refused to take it

I hope he's learned some lessons but we've played the crap out of Andersen this season as well, Sparks has only played on b2b nights and when Andersen has been injured, it's just not enough imo

I thought we agreed to give this argument up after you realized how great my argument was and that you were wrong :thumbu:
I noticed after you insulted me because I schooled you, so i figured i owed you more cheap shot, its fair? ;)

Reactions: Kiwi

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other

Goalies are so random that I can't say either way. I agree playing 60+ games is heavy, especially for the first time in your career.
It's such an elusive debate

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Goalies are so random that I can't say either way. I agree playing 60+ games is heavy, especially for the first time in your career.
It's such an elusive debate

In today's game it's very difficult to justify your starter playing 66 games, that's a lot of hockey

I think he likes work but resting him in the middle of the season and ramping his workload up late in the season so he gets the game time he needs but only plays 60 odd games makes more sense

Reactions: saltming

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
In today's game it's very difficult to justify your starter playing 66 games, that's a lot of hockey

I think he likes work but resting him in the middle of the season and ramping his workload up late in the season so he gets the game time he needs but only plays 60 odd games makes more sense
I'm with you there

Reactions: Kiwi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad