Post-Game Talk: Leafs win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I guess Matty got first star and did the end interview???

So he’s fine?

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
What a game! Ended the 5-0 streak for Ottawa on our season openers.

Matthews with 2 goals on opening night again. So close to the trick. Barrie looked super. 2 assists were great for him. Over 19 minutes. Our stars were our stars. Mikheyev and Co. were good. Happy for GOAT. Sandin looked really good too. Loved the breakouts. 2:1 shots.

Not gonna rip into Fred, it's his birthday. Didn't like the last goal. That's that.

Enjoy the win everyone! Matthews leading league in goals. Tavares the captain! What a night!

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
We have to patient at this point in the season. There's alot of new players familiarizing themselves with linemates and partners. Before we criticize we should keep that in mind. Having said that, I thought we looked shaky in our zone at times. Kapanen does not look comfortable on that wing. I thought Ceci had a tough game. On the positive, Matthews looks like he's going to have a great year. Mikhayev and Moore showed us what bottom 6 players should do. Sandin is going to be top 4 before long. Barrie looks like a keeper. All in all I'm pleased with this effort. At times they dominated looking like men playing against boys.

Reactions: ThewThew

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
The boys were great tonight. So happy the season has started!

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Great game by everyone really. I think Mikheyev will take Kapanens spot on the Tavares-Marner line in a few games (until Hymans back)

Reactions: Zizzzzy

Cpt Maple Leaf

Jul 19, 2009
Nice win. Team defense still seems a little shoddy. Matthews with another signature season opener.

Barrie's puck handling is great. We'll probably see it backfire sometimes, but the tradeoff is worth it.

Muzzin looked pretty good at times too.

Mikheyev is going to be on JT's wing if Kapanen has more games like this.
Muzzin had a great game!!

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Moore and Mikheyev looked really good on the third line...and they both looked steady on the PK. We need to find some players for PK this year, these two could be key contributors.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
We have to patient at this point in the season. There's alot of new players familiarizing themselves with linemates and partners. Before we criticize we should keep that in mind. Having said that, I thought we looked shaky in our zone at times. Kapanen does not look comfortable on that wing. I thought Ceci had a tough game. On the positive, Matthews looks like he's going to have a great year. Mikhayev and Moore showed us what bottom 6 players should do. Sandin is going to be top 4 before long. Barrie looks like a keeper. All in all I'm pleased with this effort. At times they dominated looking like men playing against boys.

Agreed 100% about Kappy, that dude cannot play LW - like at all.

I'm fully in favor of giving Mikheyev or Moore a shot on the JT line.

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
I was calling out Barrie during pre-season, didnt like him at all but gotta give credit for him tonight, he looked brilliant. Hope he continues.

Cpt Maple Leaf

Jul 19, 2009
Couple of Notes:
- Matthews is an amazing talent man. If he does this over the full season he wins the rocket
- Barrie had an incredible debut. Created lots of chances and finally gives us an rhd who can make a strong first pass. Him and Muzzin are a nice pair
- Is it just me or did Sandin not look like a rookie? If you told me that was some 27 year old top 4 d-man who's been playing for 5-6 years I would've believed you. Incredible poise and smarts
- Freddy was a little shaky but also had some key saves when it was 1-0
-Tavares line wasn't that great, Kappy doesn't work well with them imo. When Hymans back it should improve things
- Kerfoot didn't look that good to me, hopefully that changes
-Mikheyev had a solid debut. Really smart player, especially defensively.

Overall a great game after that slow start. Let's keep this going!
Spot on!!

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Sandin actually takes great angles on players and isnt afraid to take the body.

Dubas hit a absolute homerun with this pick at the end of the first round.

Said it a few times but the way he slows the game down reminds me alot of Kaberle.
I think he will be better than Kabby cuz he actually hits

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Moore and Mikheyev looked really good on the third line...and they both looked steady on the PK. We need to find some players for PK this year, these two could be key contributors.

I think both could make a push for the top 6. Right now I think AJ is a bit weak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA