Post-Game Talk: Leafs win!

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Remember the “We should have taken Hanifin!!!! Marner is too small and will never amount to anything is the NHL” *****ing and complaining that was on these boards 4 years ago?

:) :):) :):):):)

Yeah and Hunter is an idiot because he'll only draft players he knows. Lord what drivel.

It makes a such huge difference when the Leafs defense punishes their forwards. We saw ZERO of that for 82 games in the regular season. Nice to see they actually can hit.

Except for the scaredy-cat Jake Gardiner, all of the leafs D-men are hitting. Muzzin has been a beast as expected.

With that said, I doubt that the two Swedes for the Marlies will bring any of that whatsoever. I hope they start drafting tougher d-men in the future. I'd take a lesser talented Muzzin type over a Timothy Liljegren every time.

I really, really hate it when people resort to childish name calling at any time, especially when it's people who are supposedly fans insulting our own players. In this case it's especially ridiculous because Gardiner is a fantastic player who is risking literally tens of millions of dollars playing in these playoffs when he could easily be sitting out with back issues. He's about the last player anyone should take issue with at this point.

Stop. Being. Childish!

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
I said Freddie's been great, I didn't say we're winning on his back. When teams do well in the playoffs, they almost have great goaltending, look it up if you don't believe me. There's a lot more to this team than Andersen.

The series is up in the air - yes of course it is. We're the favourites at this point though, that much seems clear.

Am I supposed to care what Boston fans and their media think?
Get mad on Madison Avenue and the NHE may still have its revenge and get its way

Dinosaur hockey is not back, but calling the Leafs for diving or for interference or holding during a key part of the game is still something the NHE can do in the hockey rink

But, just like in the NBA/E, you can still win if you play super smart and score on the mandatory easy ones (make your free throws, go for the right - there wide open mid range 2 and not the impossible 3 and get back and make a stop rather than a long rebound of a missed three and guaranteed 2 points the other way, etc, get the puck to the uncovered guy in front and he needs to release quickly and accurately which is much better than slapping the puck as hard as you can into pads, etc,) That's what I have to say.

Adam Silver has his Men in Gray, Garry Bettman has his black and white never right men of stink

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
71GV79NPpZL._UX679_.jpg

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
Yeah and Hunter is an idiot because he'll only draft players he knows. Lord what drivel.

I really, really hate it when people resort to childish name calling at any time, especially when it's people who are supposedly fans insulting our own players. In this case it's especially ridiculous because Gardiner is a fantastic player who is risking literally tens of millions of dollars playing in these playoffs when he could easily be sitting out with back issues. He's about the last player anyone should take issue with at this point.

Stop. Being. Childish!

It's the truth. I hate when the company men come to defend him at every turn. THAT makes my stomach turn.

I was being kind by calling him scared. I'm ecstatic that he will be gonzo after the playoffs, never to play for the Leafs again. Gardiner is the worst Leafs defender (DEFENSE!) I've ever seen and it's not even close.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Seeing as you are so sure, go find my posts where I have said he can do know wrong. To be so sure of yourself it wont take you long, if not please don't chime in with what you think are witty posts. thanks

I was joking around, lighten up.

Reactions: Walshy7

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
It's the truth. I hate when the company men come to defend him at every turn. THAT makes my stomach turn.

I was being kind by calling him scared. I'm ecstatic that he will be gonzo after the playoffs, never to play for the Leafs again. Gardiner is the worst Leafs defender (DEFENSE!) I've ever seen and it's not even close.

Go get some fresh air. Come to think of it, I think I need some fresh air after reading this post.

Bye.

Hockey Talker29

Oct 10, 2003
Toronto
Visit site

Some people have incredibly short memories. Remember what this team looked like without Gardiner last month?

He's been very stable despite clearly playing through injury.

Reactions: stopclickbait

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
Go get some fresh air. Come to think of it, I think I need some fresh air after reading this post.

Bye.
You need to take off those rose colored homer glasses because you are looking foolish. I tell it like it is and only do it because I care about the Leafs. It's fans like you who blindly accept the mediocrity decade after decade. The Leafs will never win a cup while Jake Gardiner is on the team. That's a FACT.

I like my defensemen to be able to play actual defense. What a concept.. lol

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018

Bye.
He was talking about defense not offense. Gards gave up the puck in the 1st period in his own end for 5 straight shifts. Now he is playing hurt so it is understandable as he works himself back to shape but he was god awful last night in his own end.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Leafs will win this series because we don't have Kadri. The problem with Kadri is hes a pest and plays borderline dirty. This gets the other team fired up and the refs start letting things go because they trade dirty play for dirty play just the same way they try and even out the penalties. The issue is every other player on the leafs don't play well in dirty games. If we don't have Kadri firing up the other team and no one plays the pest game it'll throw the other team off and they'll get frustrated because no one is engaging and start taking penalties because the refs are not trading dirty play for dirty play.

Please dont blame Boston's dirty plays on Kadri.
And dont blame the Ref incompetence on him as well.

If he crosses the line the refs should call it, same for the broons. Kadri missing is a huge loss for the team, we are not better without him.

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
He was talking about defense not offense. Gards gave up the puck in the 1st period in his own end for 5 straight shifts. Now he is playing hurt so it is understandable as he works himself back to shape but he was god awful last night in his own end.

Gardiner ALWAYS plays poorly defensively. He didn't look any different to me whether his back was acting up or not.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
except it's been a talking point for half the season, it's not "something Cherry just made up!"

the Leafs lack of PP's and being 31st in the league is no mystery, Babs has been fined how many times for blasting the officiating post game????

do you remember Quinn's teams? for them to get a PP opportunity the opponent had to practically tackle somebody to get called. Big Irish was relentless on the referees and spilled over to his players

According to the Wikipedia pages listing the suspensions and fines given to players and coaches in the NHL, Babcock has not been fined or suspended in his four years with the Leafs.

mallory67

Jul 2, 2015
North Carolina
All we need to do is shutdown Boston's top line. Tavares/Matthews and Defense can do that.
Boston does not have enough secondary scoring to keep up with our offense.

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
I got the impression that the Bruins were targeting him all night due to it only being his 4th game back from a long injury, possible mental health issues, and having exploited him in the past. Every time I noticed him in the Leafs end he was being rocked into the boards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad