Post-Game Talk: Leafs win!

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I'm surprised you haven't hopped off the 'Willy is a Star and can do no wrong' train yet.

Seeing as you are so sure, go find my posts where I have said he can do know wrong. To be so sure of yourself it wont take you long, if not please don't chime in with what you think are witty posts. thanks

HOF Paul Henderson

Jan 16, 2019
I said Freddie's been great, I didn't say we're winning on his back. When teams do well in the playoffs, they almost have great goaltending, look it up if you don't believe me. There's a lot more to this team than Andersen.

The series is up in the air - yes of course it is. We're the favourites at this point though, that much seems clear.

Am I supposed to care what Boston fans and their media think?

Care about whatever you want. I don’t want leafs fans getting their hearts broken again. There’s a lot of series left to play. I’m rooting for Toronto the same as any other fan. Just preaching caution.

m1ker

Apr 11, 2014
Leafs will win this series because we don't have Kadri. The problem with Kadri is hes a pest and plays borderline dirty. This gets the other team fired up and the refs start letting things go because they trade dirty play for dirty play just the same way they try and even out the penalties. The issue is every other player on the leafs don't play well in dirty games. If we don't have Kadri firing up the other team and no one plays the pest game it'll throw the other team off and they'll get frustrated because no one is engaging and start taking penalties because the refs are not trading dirty play for dirty play.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
one thing the Leafs D need to go better is get pucks to the net. Too many times they get shots blocked and it doesn't allow for the forwards to cycle the Boston D and work heavy zone time. Need to get pucks on net from the point.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
At least Kessel competed in the playoffs. Nylander seems to be in over his head and actually looks scared by the way he tip toes around the ice and avoids anything close to contact. There were a couple of plays last night that were embarrassing.

You really should be calling out about half the team if you're talking about avoiding contact.

I agree, there are too many that avoid contact, and the count is probably about 8 of 12 forwards.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Leafs will win this series because we don't have Kadri. The problem with Kadri is hes a pest and plays borderline dirty. This gets the other team fired up and the refs start letting things go because they trade dirty play for dirty play just the same way they try and even out the penalties. The issue is every other player on the leafs don't play well in dirty games. If we don't have Kadri firing up the other team and no one plays the pest game it'll throw the other team off and they'll get frustrated because no one is engaging and start taking penalties because the refs are not trading dirty play for dirty play.

Maybe. Maybe you will get more penalty calls now because Kadri actually brought attention to you being mauled all the time. Maybe. It's all in what type of eyes you have or don't.

Reactions: HOF Paul Henderson

unitedstars87

Jun 2, 2006
Tavares is a beast, probably the fittest guy on the ice.
You rarely see Tavares go a game where he doesn’t have a huge impact. He’s always doing something to help his team win in any way. He was my favourite player in the league since that Florida series when he was an islander. An absolute treat to watch.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Remember the “We should have taken Hanifin!!!! Marner is too small and will never amount to anything is the NHL” bitching and complaining that was on these boards 4 years ago?

:) :):) :):):):)

MarnerElite

Feb 20, 2019

You're overthinking here...It's very silly to think the B's can't just find fire in themselves and play their game(like they have all season) without having Kadri in there to stir shit up. It's a lot more simple than this. Leafs are still hitting them(out hit them last game), battling for pucks(just like game 1), playing smart hockey(like getting out of our zone very quickly before B's can establish their cycle), and without Naz they can use their speed even more to their advantage because Naz also slows the game down more than others(he's probably slowest guy when it comes to acceleration..it takes him awhile to get going so guys are always breathing down his neck...heck for a big guy even Gauthier looks more mobile). Also there is something to be said about Willy's play making ability and so he's much better at that than Naz as well..Simply put, i think the team gels better with speed, skill, defensive awareness better without Naz because with him we are more dump and chase, cycle for a short time till he's on his ass, turn pucks over with stupid moves that rarely work(you know the one where he cuts into the middle and nothing happens?)..That's all it is. It happened during the season too when he was out for a bit..We didn't miss a beat without him.

unitedstars87

Jun 2, 2006
This is what happens when games is call fairly, we can utilize our speed.
Some how the likes of Cherry/Kypreos/Hrudey don't like it when game are called fairly.

everyone likes to **** on him but Zaitsev had a solid game...
I find it even more strange that Cherry/Kypreos/Hrudey even have jobs. Like 90% of the people on HFBoards provide stronger insight on the game of hockey than those guys. All 3 at best should work as part-time greeters at Walmart.

Reactions: The Apologist

unitedstars87

Jun 2, 2006
I gotta say I like Cassidy.
I really like him too. He has an incredible hockey mind. Listening to him you sense hockey genius. Eloquent speaker and very honest. No gimics like gud pros, etc. No slight on Babcock but Cassidy is just someone I’d prefer listening and playing for.

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
It makes a such huge difference when the Leafs defense punishes their forwards. We saw ZERO of that for 82 games in the regular season. Nice to see they actually can hit.

Except for the scaredy-cat Jake Gardiner, all of the leafs D-men are hitting. Muzzin has been a beast as expected.

With that said, I doubt that the two Swedes for the Marlies will bring any of that whatsoever. I hope they start drafting tougher d-men in the future. I'd take a lesser talented Muzzin type over a Timothy Liljegren every time.

mallory67

Jul 2, 2015
North Carolina
Remember the “We should have taken Hanifin!!!! Marner is too small and will never amount to anything is the NHL” *****ing and complaining that was on these boards 4 years ago?

:) :):) :):):):)

Remember it like it was yesterday. Small forward, junior game won't translate to the NHL, takes 2 mins shifts which wont fly in the Show.
I saw video of him as a kid hitting guys twice his size ... and was sold.
Pedigree.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
It makes a such huge difference when the Leafs defense punishes their forwards. We saw ZERO of that for 82 games in the regular season. Nice to see they actually can hit.

Except for the scaredy-cat Jake Gardiner, all of the leafs D-men are hitting. Muzzin has been a beast as expected.

With that said, I doubt that the two Swedes for the Marlies will bring any of that whatsoever. I hope they start drafting tougher d-men in the future. I'd take a lesser talented Muzzin type over a Timothy Liljegren every time.

Rosen/Liljegren can play the heavy game. Doesn't throw punishing hits or anything like that. The AHL final was extremely physical if you watched the games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad