Post-Game Talk: Leafs win!

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
What's Gauthier got to do with it? He's on the team anyway.

I was just wondering if, considering how poorly Kadri has been playing all year and so far into the playoffs, and what a liability he can be with his undisciplined play, and how well Nylander filled in for him, is it possible that he sits if we advance to the second round?

Don’t be silly.

Reactions: Tmart335 and zaqq

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
First of all, Hainsey dropped his stick with 20 seconds left.... No Leaf would have been able to touch the puck right away either... so we're really just talking about 10 seconds to end the game...

I still don't understand how Boston maintaining possession on 6 v 4.5 in the offensive zone is a better tradeoff than regrouping and potentially winning back possession on a faceoff at 6 v 4...

I guess we'll agree to disagree.

agreed lol

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
You need to take off those rose colored homer glasses because you are looking foolish. I tell it like it is and only do it because I care about the Leafs. It's fans like you who blindly accept the mediocrity decade after decade. The Leafs will never win a cup while Jake Gardiner is on the team. That's a FACT.

I like my defensemen to be able to play actual defense. What a concept.. lol

Hmmm. Is this a real account or a parody? I mean you're using John Candy as an avatar and the word "myopic" can mean "lacking imagination, foresight, or intellectual insight," so I find it hard to take anyone with a user name like that seriously.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
It's the truth. I hate when the company men come to defend him at every turn. THAT makes my stomach turn.

I was being kind by calling him scared. I'm ecstatic that he will be gonzo after the playoffs, never to play for the Leafs again. Gardiner is the worst Leafs defender (DEFENSE!) I've ever seen and it's not even close.
Really?
Jeff Finger and Bret Lebda say howdy.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I agree. I specifically said that scenerio with 10-15 seconds left... I completely understand why things played the way it did... I just think the best way to try and prevent a goal in that specific scenario is to play the puck with the broken stick anyways.
Absolutely. But it would take an amazing player to even consider that option against many years of training, especially under those circumstances.

Reactions: The Apologist

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
He was talking about defense not offense. Gards gave up the puck in the 1st period in his own end for 5 straight shifts. Now he is playing hurt so it is understandable as he works himself back to shape but he was god awful last night in his own end.

What I was talking about was calling our players childish names.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Believe it or not but we saw a few people leave when the B's called their timeout. o_O
They show confidence in our guys. You know that we are 36-0-1 when leading after two periods? May as well leave in second intermission if you have other things to do. Boys will be fine. Lol.:thumbu:

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
just like when hyman scores a routine goal/assist its a highlight of the night, but nylander does it and its normal. It goes both ways
Did I tell you guys about the machine I engineered? It's called "NHL two sided players-mix machine". It actually takes two players and make them one. If you need reference, my best work is Chara. :sarcasm:

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
We have as good a shot as any to advance far in the playoffs.
I know one thing. If Tampa is out (and they are far and away favorites to win the Cup) then remaining 8 teams will be very close and it will be decided by coaches, stile of play, luck, injuries and random goalie catching fire at right time.

Reactions: DanM

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
A win tomorrow is so important, we did win game 1 in Boston but it's going to be awfully tough (not impossible) to win again in Boston, when you are up 3 - 1 it's a confidence builder and you get 3 chances to finish it off

The key is to stay out of penalty box and resist the storm as they are going to come hard on us, as soon as the puck is dropped

Reactions: mix1home

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Did I tell you guys about the machine I engineered? It's called "NHL two sided players-mix machine". It actually takes two players and make them one. If you need reference, my best work is Chara. :sarcasm:

Can you combine Nylander and Brown? :sarcasm:

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
I mean, I was sort of following your logic until the two #1D part...
Muzzin is #1D. No doubt. He is on second pair, but it's because he is used in matching role against best line in hockey. He has speed and shot, but tasked with shutting that line down. He does admirable job at that too. He is our Pronger.

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
Hmmm. Is this a real account or a parody? I mean you're using John Candy as an avatar and the word "myopic" can mean "lacking imagination, foresight, or intellectual insight," so I find it hard to take anyone with a user name like that seriously.

Or maybe you don't have a sense of humour? You are tying too hard to crowbar an avatar and a silly name into the conversation. At least you have Gardiner fanboys for support judging by the avalanche of likes. I personally don't respect Gardiner fanboys, but to each his own. All is not lost...At least you learned the definition of a new word today! Viva la Leafs!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad