Post-Game Talk: Leafs win Monday Matinee Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
I look at the rest of the Eastern conference and it leads me to believe that "selling the farm" wouldn't be the worst idea in the world. I appreciate that Florida looks formidable at the moment, but who knows when it comes to their goaltending. The rest of the conference is so mediocre. I don't think there is a single team in the conference that could beat the Leafs in a playoff series other than Florida. It would be negligent to not try everything in their power to win this season. The future doesn't offer any guarantees.
I wouldn’t sleep on the Bruins who have better goaltending and defense than the Leafs. They don’t have the offensive firepower of the Leafs but they have veteran leadership and will likely have home ice advantage.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
What’s the point of being able to appeal suspensions when the league doesn’t get back to you……. Like Rielly’s suspension is over after the game in Arizona. They appealed the suspension like 3 games ago WTF

I wonder if it will be a point if contention in the next CBA.

Right now the rule appears to be Gary does whatever he feels like.

If he decides not to reduce it fine, it's five. But if there is a reduction and they had this much time in between it's going to be very annoying.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Having the depth options rolling, Is a great problem to have. Not sure what I'd rock in the playoffs up front.

Reactions: Shanwhatplan

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I wouldn’t sleep on the Bruins who have better goaltending and defense than the Leafs. They don’t have the offensive firepower of the Leafs but they have veteran leadership and will likely have home ice advantage.
I don't think there is a big gap in the defensive metrics between the two teams over the last 30ish games. I also think the goaltending will be a wash once Woll is back, as he is just as good as Swayman.

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
A 58 point pace in the playoffs as a leaf and putting the puck in the net 2/11 games last playoffs is great. Can’t wait for more from over 13% of our cap.
Tavares was better than all of Tampas star forwards the past 2 series.

Everyone died against the panthers. Pretty sad series. Panthers were on a tear the entire second half and steam rolled everyone until half their team were physically dead in the finals. Credit given where it's due. Panthers were a total beast team last spring.

Anyway, Tavares is a much needed playoff asset. The Tampa series x2 has shown this.

Reactions: DraftSchmaft

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
Tavares was better than all of Tampas star forwards the past 2 series.

Everyone died against the panthers. Pretty sad series. Panthers were on a tear the entire second half and steam rolled everyone until half their team were physically dead in the finals. Credit given where it's due. Panthers were a total beast team last spring.

Anyway, Tavares is a much needed playoff asset. The Tampa series x2 has shown this
Tavares had the series winning goal in 21/22 as well when he swung out the corners and sniped it home. The way that game was going, series was ours if it counted.

Holl stole his glory. Penalty or not the pick wasn't needed. Tavares didn't need the help.

Tavares is a warrior.

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Tavares had the series winning goal in 21/22 as well when he swung out the corners and sniped it home. The way that game was going, series was ours if it counted.

Holl stole his glory. Penalty or not the pick wasn't needed. Tavares didn't need the help.

Tavares is a warrior.
Facts

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
What’s the point of being able to appeal suspensions when the league doesn’t get back to you……. Like Rielly’s suspension is over after the game in Arizona. They appealed the suspension like 3 games ago WTF

The PA needs to negotiate a better process for appeals into the next CBA. Go with the MLB route. If you're appealing, you play until you hear back from the league.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
My point is that Playoff Bertuzzi was a 7 game anomaly. But people want to continue to be delusional, be my guest.
Funny how his past team mates, coach and GM don't think so.

Only reason he isn't still a Bruin is because he wanted to be a Leaf more than he wanted to be a Bruin. The Bruins were completely blind sided by this signing.

That alone should make him a fan favorite. F the Bruins

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
I don't think there is a big gap in the defensive metrics between the two teams over the last 30ish games. I also think the goaltending will be a wash once Woll is back, as he is just as good as Swayman.
The difference can't be seen in the stats.

There is a big difference. Bruins are way ahead of Leafs in clearing the crease and tying up sticks in front of the net.

Even McCabe who prove to be tough and good the past few months still becomes soft when the puck comes to the crease. Benoit is the only D who plays well there. They need at least 1 more guy and if no addition, guys like Liljegren McCabe and Brodie need to clean it up there. I don't count Gio anymore because he should be 7D after the deadline if all goes well.

Reactions: Ports

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I wonder if it will be a point if contention in the next CBA.

Right now the rule appears to be Gary does whatever he feels like.

If he decides not to reduce it fine, it's five. But if there is a reduction and they had this much time in between it's going to be very annoying.

It's for salary purposes. If it's reduced, he simply gets his money back. That's all its about. Money, not actual games.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Having the depth options rolling, Is a great problem to have. Not sure what I'd rock in the playoffs up front.
I was just thinking about that. If you’re Treliving D has to be the top priority. But before this little run they’re on I thought they could use a depth forward but maybe not.

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
Funny how his past team mates, coach and GM don't think so.

Only reason he isn't still a Bruin is because he wanted to be a Leaf more than he wanted to be a Bruin. The Bruins were completely blind sided by this signing.

That alone should make him a fan favorite. F the Bruins
I personally trust the opinion of random dude from Hfboards who watched 0 Bruins-Panthers games over the opinion of Bertuzzis past team.

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
So strange. When the Leafs feel they have to play desperate that seems to be when they play their very best. In two weeks Rielly will be back and other defense men will return. When they return it seems complacency returns. Styles said they're playing for Mo. They need to play for each other and against those who hate you. Fans, social media, whatever.

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
Sammy played well last season. Finally won us a playoff series and it's appreciated. This four game winning streak I'm just not sold on. He looks very nervous. Probably chain smoking. Between the defensive play and PK I just don't see it in the Leafs this season. But every now and then they play really well and it's impressive. The young forwards are playing better and Benoit has been a godsend. I'm getting a sliver of hope and it pisses me off...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA