Post-Game Talk: Leafs win in Tampa! 4-3

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
This team is more bipolar than the entire fan base put together :laugh:

Great effort and I'm proud of how hard we worked and commited to winning we were

Now, for the love of God let's continue playing like this rather than the wild fluctuations we've been seeing lately

Reactions: crump

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
One game to the next? Hell, period to period. Tampa walked over us that period, we were lucky to hold on. You can't not generate a shot vs a team like Tampa for 10 minutes. It happens way too often and we've had very flat 3rds all year.

Agreed. The third period was terrible.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Tampa would be a favourite in a playoff series but they aren’t a team I would fear. Very similar to us they play off the rush.

Leafs really need to get some bodies back.

My opinion has been I only doubt our matchup against the Caps or Bruins. I'm fine playing anyone else. Doesn't mean we would win, but if they elevate their game as they did against the Pens the second game, they can beat anyone.

Reffing was weak (why does the league NOT call interference anymore!?), Muzzin was gone, but Andersen was solid and we won.

Dubas still should have at least picked up defense depth. I don't understand the logic this close to a playoff spot. Regardless, I hope they can get it done and prove everyone wrong.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Games like this show that when the Leafs put their mind to things, they can compete with the best. The problem is can they do this for 60mins each game every game?

Also Holl doing a pretty decent job and playing the most minutes on D. Don't know why he gets dumped on so much when playing hard minutes he hasn't done too badly and who knows if he wouldn't be better if Babcock didn't have him sitting in the press box for much of the past two seasons.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
I also recall a hook in the neutral zone, maybe against Barrie, where it caused a turnover and went the other way.

Dermott also took 2 different elbows and mitch took a high stick.

Game management at it's finest.

Now we pray for Muzz.

Drunken Leafs Fan

Oct 30, 2016
I like that games are much more meaningful this year than at this point in the last couple seasons. The playoffs were basically a lock at this point those years, so it's much more engaging when a Tuesday night game in February actually feels important. I haven't felt that stressed watching them hold a late lead since last spring. I missed that feeling. Keep pushing for the playoffs boys go Leafs go.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Good to win the game but what will really be telling is how they play next game. They dominated Pittsburgh the entire game only to play how they did on Saturday. Need consistency.

This.

Bipolar game efforts don’t get us where we need to go.

We have talent but they have to show up every game, for 60 minutes.

Otherwise it gets disproportionately ugly fast.

Reactions: 13MatsSundin

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Needed to respond against the pens....shut them out.

Needed to respond after losing to the zamboni GOAT, beat the current best team in the league.

Take the positives and move on to the next one I guess.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
One game to the next? Hell, period to period. Tampa walked over us that period, we were lucky to hold on. You can't not generate a shot vs a team like Tampa for 10 minutes. It happens way too often and we've had very flat 3rds all year.

Yeah.

Really, if it wasn't for Tampa really not wanting to score a dirty goal, that could've looked different.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad