Post-Game Talk: Leafs win in Tampa! 4-3

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Good to win the game but what will really be telling is how they play next game. They dominated Pittsburgh the entire game only to play how they did on Saturday. Need consistency.

Reactions: LeafsRus and crump

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
The bum Andersen first star.

Big two points, but I’ll defer to the next game before I feel better moving forward. Got back this effort up against Florida, that’s the key now.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
That third... still I’m pretty stoked the Leafs won. Nice to see Tavares pot a few and Nylander to play a solid game.

Reactions: MJK

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Pretty gutsy win against a team that is RED hot.

That's a team that spent 2 x 1st rounders on players too.

That too without Muzzin for the 3rd. I thought we were about to lose in regulation with Muzzin out.

Really hoping he's just got a bruise and not a broken hand. We keep losing bodies every game.

Reactions: SprDaVE

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Nice win, means nothing if they drop the ball against Florida though. Felt like a playoff game.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Fantastic work by the Leafs in the third. Tampa has an elite offense and they were gunning hard all period and we gave them absolutely nothing. All their shots were from way outside the scoring areas and the goal was a fluke. Even with the goalie pulled the best they could manage was an unscreened snapshot from the half wall. Best chance of the period was the Matthews one timer that Vasi had to be sharp for. Super tight defensive effort that they should be proud of.

danron1376

Jan 3, 2011
played with fire trying to play 'defense' to protect the lead but gutted out the win. if we had a competent defense that knew how to get the puck out we'd be right there with tampa and boston in the standings.

Reactions: MJK

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Keefe hasn't improved the breakouts under pressure or the team giving up the blue line with little challenge, two of Babcock's biggest weaknesses. Obviously he gets the start of next season too after a full off-season but not a good sign to me.

Also really hope Campbell starts the next game, Andersen looks like a mess especially with his rebound control.
No Muzzin. Two rookies. A guy who was a career AHLer until recently. 3 of the 5 dmen left tonight were in the AHL not long ago.

likecheese

Oct 21, 2019
Valiant effort.
Don't like excuses but holy crap, more injuries on defence please?

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Tampa would be a favourite in a playoff series but they aren’t a team I would fear. Very similar to us they play off the rush.

Leafs really need to get some bodies back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad