Post-Game Talk: Leafs win in Buffalo

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
60 x2 What a great night for Matthews and Sammy. Loved the Leaf noise in Buffalo. Just awesome. Sammy chants in an opposition barn. Great response the cheap hit on Brodie. Pk looked good.

Some minor things to get fixed still but I’m enjoying this win.🥇

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
something about a hot chick in a 93 Sunfire
Yooooo don’t be knocking the Stevie B drop top!

1711851784846.jpeg

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
What a NIGHT! ELLIOT LAKE WINS HOCKEYVILLE! Leafs win with a SHUTOUT! AUSTON MATTHEWS nets 60! Kid cries! Wife is annoyed! Chinese food is delicious! WEEEUUU!
I used to have a girlfriend from EL. Flew up their once from Buttonville when the mines were going big time. Now it’s a retirement community so I guess all the seniors will have an arena to try out their old spin moves.

torontoblood

Proud Member of Leafs Nation
May 27, 2021
How can you not love playing for the Leafs.

Imagine going to other barns and having the fans like that.

It's amazing. f***ing stoked to see that 60th goal.
We have the best and most loyal fans in the league no contest.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Solid win, no real drama, Sammy solid in the shutout and Matty gets the 60 again.

Its kinda hilarious i've been watching the Leafs for over 35 years and some of the great players they've had, and this guy scores 60 in 2 out of 3 years.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Good win. Sammy was awesome. Real test on Monday.
I'm not so sure. Florida doesn't look like they are putting in much effort these days. I think the Tampa game next week may end up being the more interesting game.

Reactions: bax

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
Him and Benoit are the important players this core needed. Guys who earned their career not as "can't miss stars" but by hard work, overcoming adversity and doubt and doing it in the biggest hockey town on earth.

There are quite a few underlying story lines this year that as much as I have such doubts regarding the core they provide a glimmer of hope. Players like McMann and Benoit are a part of that.
But Benoit suppresses offense say the Cronies. LOL

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
I so wanna post on the sabres board to ask them....

Pick one

1. Field Goal -> "Wide and Right"
or
2. Get shutdown, Leafs goalie salutes the fans and a Leaf scores his 60th with crowd yelling MVP

:laugh:

And Sammy saluting the crowd to boot.

*Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk*

• Love
Reactions: PromisedLand

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
For better or worse, the Leafs won't be able to afford Samsonov anyway. They need to allocate his money to the rest of the lineup. Woll will be the number one goalie next season regardless of what happens this season.
What if the Leafs go on a long playoff run and Samsonov keeps playings great and is a huge part of that playoff run? Do you still let him go after a stellar postseason? Seems like that would be a pretty hard thing to do to let him go after a really good playoff run or even a cup win.

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
I'm not so sure. Florida doesn't look like they are putting in much effort these days. I think the Tampa game next week may end up being the more interesting game.
I haven’t watched a panthers game in awhile so I’ll take your word for it. But it does seem that every team suddenly starts caring when it’s time for Toronto. Tampa game should have a huge impact on the standings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad