Post-Game Talk: Leafs win in Buffalo

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
Sammy with a performance for the ages. Matthews gets 60. Great night all around.

No doubt Samsonov’s ceiling is much higher than Woll’s. When he’s on he’s a game changer. We also know his floor is probably lower than Woll’s.

For me it’s clear Samsonov should start game 1 with where his game is at right now.

I am comfortable with Woll and Sammy being our tandem for the next 3-5 years.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Damn I don't know what to think about Samsonov now. When he was doing so poorly for much of the early to mid part of the season to the point that he was sent down, it was easy to say that management should give him the boot at the end of the season, but now that he's found his game and is playing like an all-star in many games the past little while what do you do?

Do you risk signing him to a decently large several year contract and hope that he continues to play like he is now or do you let him walk and roll the dice with Woll, Hildeby and a vet backup?? 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♀️ 🤷‍♀️ 🤷‍♀️
An interesting question that is, I think, playoff dependent.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
The sabres are just sore losers. They pulled that crap at the end of the of the game because they were mad and pissed that the leafs took over their buildings and made it their permanent second home. The third home is in Ottawa. Tonight, The Leafs team took over on the ice and Leafs nation took over in the stands. And we destroyed their slim hopes to make the playoffs.

Buffalo has 2 home teams.

They are lucky.

Reactions: Al14 and Leterman

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Damn I don't know what to think about Samsonov now. When he was doing so poorly for much of the early to mid part of the season to the point that he was sent down, it was easy to say that management should give him the boot at the end of the season, but now that he's found his game and is playing like an all-star in many games the past little while what do you do?

Do you risk signing him to a decently large several year contract and hope that he continues to play like he is now or do you let him walk and roll the dice with Woll, Hildeby and a vet backup?? 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♀️ 🤷‍♀️ 🤷‍♀️
For better or worse, the Leafs won't be able to afford Samsonov anyway. They need to allocate his money to the rest of the lineup. Woll will be the number one goalie next season regardless of what happens this season.

Reactions: bax

torontoblood

Proud Member of Leafs Nation
May 27, 2021
It's crazy... if he is that good in the playoffs.... I'm actually stupidly convinced they could do something. I know...

They're toast. They're done this season and we put the nail in the coffin. Eat it.
You see the same thing as myself. Woll seems to be more reliable, calmer, cooler and more consistent on a game to game basis but samsonov has the fiery underdog never give up attitude and the it factor. He can make them clutch saves, steal games and win series by himself. And he can lose you series on his own. I mean he’s able to go from the best game ever one night to his worst performance in the next game. When it comes to Sammy, the highs are higher and the lows are lower. Woll is more steady and reliable but he will never reach the heights that Sammy can reach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad