Post-Game Talk: Leafs win in Buffalo

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
The problem has always been obvious in Toronto. The f***ing suits rob regular Joe blows of ever getting a half decent seat.

It's sad. The gardens was so loud. It was amazing.

I hope come the playoffs people that are there will actually f***ing cheer and be loud.
I blame @ACC1224 he just doesn't bring it enough. And his suit is probably off the rack.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I'm not sure they will have much choice. If that happens, can they afford to pay samsonov $4+ million per season and still improve the defense AND design domi and bertuzzi? Something will have to give somewhere.

I'm wondering if those Benoit and McMann deals will give them the flexibility to sign a Sammy, Bert or Domi if they choose to. 2 decent sized roster openings plugged up very cheap. Can't keep them all but some combination.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I'm wondering if those Benoit and McMann deals will give them the flexibility to sign a Sammy, Bert or Domi if they choose to. 2 decent sized roster openings plugged up very cheap. Can't keep them all but some combination.

Dewar and Liljegren are pending RFAs (I think Lily also has arb rights not sure about Dewar); Matthews and Willy new deals kick in.

If somehow Holmberg can show that he can produce and hold down the 3C position then may be they will try to keep one of Domi/Bert (I am sure they are both looking for increased aav and longer deals) and Samasonov is a may be. I think he will be looking for 4+ AAV deal for a 3 to 5 year term at least.

Leafs biggest need is a top4 RHD that has some "nasty" in him and can put up a few points.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Bertuzzi has underrated hockey IQ that we're finally getting a chance to see after his bumpy first half.

He has some Tavares in him in the sense that he's such a bore to watch, but when you take a step back and observe, he's always standing in the right spot. Even in the defensive end and it leads to key blocks some nights and is a direct factor in having a 40 goal pace over the last 20 games.

Yes sir!

Zacman

Dec 14, 2009
Tavares has another year left on his contract. That’s what makes next season a tight sqeeze. May need to hold off signing a UFA RD dman for another year.
Haha yeah that's why in my dream scenario above I said beg the boys to take another one year deal...

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I blame @ACC1224 he just doesn't bring it enough. And his suit is probably off the rack.
The crowd is always such a weird thing that people worry about. Home crowds aren’t going to be as loud as visiting fans. People let loose on road trips, why would that be the same expectation at home?
It’s like going to your neighborhood pub and complaining the atmosphere isn’t as good as that bar in Vegas you went to.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
The crowd is always such a weird thing that people worry about. Home crowds aren’t going to be as loud as visiting fans. People let loose on road trips, why would that be the same expectation at home?
It’s like going to your neighborhood pub and complaining the atmosphere isn’t as good as that bar in Vegas you went to.

Scotia Bank is fine in the 300’s. It’s the lower levels. But beggars can’t be choosers. The corporate sponsors is what allows our team to spend the way we do

Tavares has another year left on his contract. That’s what makes next season a tight sqeeze. May need to hold off signing a UFA RD dman for another year.

The leafs need to do whatever they can to convince Ekblad to sign here in 2025

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Lol

Hey if you go and cheer you ass off and wear a suit ... all good... but too many people are in there for a business meeting and couldn't care less about the game. It's a... oh I got us seats to this hockey game that I don't even know who's playing or give a shit.

I'm not even really blaming the people in suits there... it's the suits above them. They don't care ... MLSE... Bell... Rogers .... they're making money so it'll always stay the same.

That's why if you're lucky enough to have a bit of money ... everyone goes and gets a 60 inch plus screen TV now and says at least I can pretend.

Oh but wait... there's more.... you have to buy a whole sports subscription from TSN... or Sportsnet... to view. Who owns all that shit...

Just saying

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
It's subjective, maybe it's the broadcast, but other home crowds sound louder than Scotiabank so I'm not sure this is the explanation. E g. Montreal, Boston, Rangers, etc. Home crowds are not a sleepy affair. Maybe they'll get there too as more fans are priced out.

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
There are a lot of home crowds that are louder than the visiting fans, in Europe at least. Not all of course, it depends on the crowd. Leafs have the potential to have one of the loudest arenas, they actually should have the loudest, but instead ...

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
Dewar and Liljegren are pending RFAs (I think Lily also has arb rights not sure about Dewar); Matthews and Willy new deals kick in.

If somehow Holmberg can show that he can produce and hold down the 3C position then may be they will try to keep one of Domi/Bert (I am sure they are both looking for increased aav and longer deals) and Samasonov is a may be. I think he will be looking for 4+ AAV deal for a 3 to 5 year term at least.

Leafs biggest need is a top4 RHD that has some "nasty" in him and can put up a few points.
I think if Sammy didn't have that meltdown at the beginning of the season he would be getting offers for 5yrs right off the bat when Free Agency gets going...but it is a wart and something that might keep a GM from committing to a longer deal. I can see someone offering 2-3yrs ...but not 5yrs. It's kind of risky and there are a lot of goalies who signed them recently that GM's wish they hadn't done those deals. I would give him a 2 or 3yr at $5M if he plays lights out in the playoffs.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It's subjective, maybe it's the broadcast, but other home crowds sound louder than Scotiabank so I'm not sure this is the explanation. E g. Montreal, Boston, Rangers, etc. Home crowds are not a sleepy affair. Maybe they'll get there too as more fans are priced out.
I know I’ve been to other buildings including Montreal many times and it’s just as quiet there. I’m not defending the SBA crowd, I’m saying that to expect it to be like the road crowd is unreasonable.
Playoffs it’s fantastic, no one who’s ever been would say other wise.

Scotia Bank is fine in the 300’s. It’s the lower levels. But beggars can’t be choosers. The corporate sponsors is what allows our team to spend the way we do
300s are just as quiet. IMO the crowd cheers at the appropriate time.
Crowd was great last night, betting it wasn’t as good during the 9-3 loss.

leafers

Oct 2, 2006
Holmberg should center the 3rd line moving forward, he’s too good to play on the 4th line or being scratched.

Reactions: authentic

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
The problem has always been obvious in Toronto. The f***ing suits rob regular Joe blows of ever getting a half decent seat.

It's sad. The gardens was so loud. It was amazing.

I hope come the playoffs people that are there will actually f***ing cheer and be loud.
MLG was the same complaint. It was louder because it was smaller and high and right on top of it all, but its been the same complaint for 40 years. And the playoff crowd is always bonzo.

Crowd is fine, we just happen to be the most tuned in crowd in the league. Sometimes that means quieter when it doesn't mean much, which is actually a compliment in cool. Like running for a subway, rookie move, the next one is coming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad