Post-Game Talk: Leafs win in Buffalo

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
No doubt Samsonov’s ceiling is much higher than Woll’s. When he’s on he’s a game changer. We also know his floor is probably lower than Woll’s.

For me it’s clear Samsonov should start game 1 with where his game is at right now.

Reactions: Mr_Fun

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Really hard not to like that guy. Low maintenance player, gets you some goals, kills PK
Drives the net hard

Old school hockey player for 1.3 Million
Him and Benoit are the important players this core needed. Guys who earned their career not as "can't miss stars" but by hard work, overcoming adversity and doubt and doing it in the biggest hockey town on earth.

There are quite a few underlying story lines this year that as much as I have such doubts regarding the core they provide a glimmer of hope. Players like McMann and Benoit are a part of that.

torontoblood

Proud Member of Leafs Nation
May 27, 2021
Title needs to be corrected.

We clearly won in Toronto.
The sabres are just sore losers. They pulled that crap at the end of the of the game because they were mad and pissed that the leafs took over their buildings and made it their permanent second home. The third home is in Ottawa. Tonight, The Leafs team took over on the ice and Leafs nation took over in the stands. And we destroyed their slim hopes to make the playoffs.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Let’s focus on the positive since I don’t think we played a particularly good game.

-Matthews gets 60
-Samsonov brilliant
-Like how they clogged the front of the net
-Like how they stood up for Brodie
-Benny was our best defenceman again

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Sammy's in season turnaround is one of the more wild things I have ever seen in a season. Like guys have bounced back after a bad season but the guy went from literally unplayable to back to playing like a #1 goalie in season lol
It's crazy... if he is that good in the playoffs.... I'm actually stupidly convinced they could do something. I know...

The sabres are just sore losers. They pulled that crap at the end of the of the game because they were mad and pissed that the leafs took over their buildings and made it their permanent second home. The third home is in Ottawa. Tonight, The Leafs team took over on the ice and Leafs nation took over in the stands. And we destroyed their slim hopes to make the playoffs.
They're toast. They're done this season and we put the nail in the coffin. Eat it.

Reactions: torontoblood

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Him and Benoits are the important players this core needed. Guys who earned their career not as "can't miss stars" but by hard work, overcoming adversity and doubt and doing it in the biggest hockey town on earth.

There are quite a few underlying story lines this year that as much as I have such doubts to the core give me a glimmer of hope. Players like McMann and Benoit are a part of that.

Cant' remember the last time a player came out of no where to find success like McMann has. Especially a home grown player

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
AM34 with the Easter 60 !

IMG_7811.jpeg

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Let’s focus on the positive since I don’t think we played a particularly good game.

-Matthews gets 60
-Samsonov brilliant
-Like how they clogged the front of the net
-Like how they stood up for Brodie
-Benny was our best defenceman again
I know what you mean but for all the things you just said... it was a good game for them because of that.

They won't always play the best but when those things happen... that's why good teams still find a way to win.

Last edited:

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Damn I don't know what to think about Samsonov now. When he was doing so poorly for much of the early to mid part of the season to the point that he was sent down, it was easy to say that management should give him the boot at the end of the season, but now that he's found his game and is playing like an all-star in many games the past little while what do you do?

Do you risk signing him to a decently large several year contract and hope that he continues to play like he is now or do you let him walk and roll the dice with Woll, Hildeby and a vet backup?? 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♀️ 🤷‍♀️ 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: Blanka

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad