Post-Game Talk: LEAFS WIN ! A rare home victory after sleeping in the first two periods.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 53m
Devils' locker room opened after tonight's game and Johan Hedberg was sitting at his locker -- only player in the room.

That's just poor team support, feel bad for the guy -- not his fault that Brodeur has a wonky back.

number72

Oct 9, 2011
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 53m
Devils' locker room opened after tonight's game and Johan Hedberg was sitting at his locker -- only player in the room.

This is the way to run a team. There have been games when they should have done this with Phaneuf or Kessel.

sangreale

Feb 21, 2008
Sorry all the goalie 'coaches' have gone to the film room to look for flaws in his game. I am sure they will report in soon. :D

saint2e

Aug 4, 2005
Kitchener, Ontario
One thing I noticed with Reimer vs. Scrivens: Reimer gives up way less rebounds. Scrivens is usually pretty good about directing those rebounds into harmless areas, but he gets burned from time to time. Reimer is like a black hole by comparison.

Definitely different styles/approaches, but I like both goalies and their abilities.

ironrhcp

Jan 14, 2012
Markham Ont
FEELS GOOD MAN
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-03-05 at 12.31.20 AM.png
    Screen shot 2013-03-05 at 12.31.20 AM.png
    191.9 KB · Views: 72

go_leafs_go02

Apr 24, 2004
London, ON
4 Canadian teams in the Top 8 as well...

Winnipeg was in a playoff spot a few days ago. Can you imagine if 5 Canadian teams make the playoffs?!?

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Looking again, the Southeast is weak as hell. 3 of the bottom 5 teams are from there, with Winnipeg exempting themselves from the bottom five due to having one more point than like 5 other teams.

Oct 18, 2010
The forwards are a problem. Too much soft play. The defense is stressed big time when the puck can't even get past center ice because they don't want to take a hit or get physically engaged. They came out on fire in the third and won the game. Forechecked hard and won battles and races. Hopefully a confidence builder going forward. Carlyle must have tore into them big time.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Big Ups to Jay McClement. A very efficient and smart hockey player. That play he made at the end to slow down the puck and wrap it around the boards was beautiful. Solid addition to the bottom 6 and extremely versatile.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
What's really impressive is the Leafs are tied for second in the league in ROW ... I think that'll be very important come the end of the year, since the standings will be very tight and we'll probably see some ties in the point totals of some teams

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
‏@Ledger_NJDevils
Johan Hedberg blamed himself for the loss. Says he haz to make the big saves

Coach Pete DeBoer admitted he is worried about Hedberg’s confidence.

he needs to get drunk somewhere

Last edited:

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Has Carlyle's postgame conference been posted yet? Sheds a lot of light on the team right now:

http://video.mapleleafs.nhl.com/videocenter/console
Some solid stuff to be sure. Seems like he feels the need to point out things Kadri can do better just to keep him honest. Such a talented guy that you want him to continue getting better and know how good he can be. A balancing act since can't have nothing but criticism either when he's often being your best forward.

I'm certainly with him on not declaring anything. This team has to earn whatever result they get. Haven't accomplished anything yet, but being in a playoff spot about half way through a season.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Has Carlyle's postgame conference been posted yet? Sheds a lot of light on the team right now:

http://video.mapleleafs.nhl.com/videocenter/console

The latest "Randy Carlyle" video

Some solid stuff to be sure. Seems like he feels the need to point out things Kadri can do better just to keep him honest. Such a talented guy that you want him to continue getting better and know how good he can be. A balancing act since can't have nothing but criticism either when he's often being your best forward.

I'm certainly with him on not declaring anything. This team has to earn whatever result they get. Haven't accomplished anything yet, but being in a playoff spot about half way through a season.

Really like his attitude after this game .. Reimer definitely held the Leafs in there (as did a couple posts) and the team responded in the third

Another big game on Wednesday ... Gotta redeem against the Sens, get ahead of them in the standings!

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
I would love to see the Leafs trade Grabo for Weiss. Florida fans have responded positively to the idea on the trade board not that that means anything.

I really like Grabo and understand his defensive play adds alot of value but he just isnt worth 5.5M with the way he is playing right now and I think Wiess would sign for atleast a mil less. And then convert Bozak into the 3rd line center.

What? Weiss has put up better numbers then Grabo and you think he's gonna take less? Not to mention he'd be one of only a few good centers available this summer. He's either getting the same or more than Grabo. Would love to have him though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad