Post-Game Talk: LEAFS WIN ! A rare home victory after sleeping in the first two periods.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Big Ups to Jay McClement. A very efficient and smart hockey player. That play he made at the end to slow down the puck and wrap it around the boards was beautiful. Solid addition to the bottom 6 and extremely versatile.

Every. Single. Game. Well deserved "A" --great example.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
What? Weiss has put up better numbers then Grabo and you think he's gonna take less? Not to mention he'd be one of only a few good centers available this summer. He's either getting the same or more than Grabo. Would love to have him though.

4 points in 17 games. -14 rating

Weiss sucks. He's honestly so overrated

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
everyone has their moments.

...look, everytime Kuli gets the puck on his stick, it's off his stick pretty quickly. Personally, I like both guys traded.

The best part about that comment is that whenever soeone brings up how Grabo and Kessel played well together in short spurts he discredits it, but once it's anyone else its because they have chemistry.:laugh:

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
A couple things:

1. We gotta get Liles in there. Watching Gunnarsson/Kostka/Holzer try to move the puck and break-out is just so annoying. He never even should have been removed, but hard fore-checking teams are killing these guys. It doesn't help that the forwards try to make cute passes and constantly turn the puck over.

2. We need higher puck possession IMO. It wins games, and we're awful at it. A bit of luck on our side right now - we've gotta tighten up or start possessing the puck.

3. The MacArthur-Kadri-Komarov line is great. This seems like the only line that can possess the puck and sustain a cycle. Watching MacArthur-Kadri is great. Can't wait till Frattin joins that line.

4. Jay McClemment is a ****ing beauty. Guy does it EVERY game.

5. Two enforcers is overkill, especially against a team like NJ. I'd prefer (when everyone's healthy): McLaren - McClemment - Steckel

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
A couple things:

1. We gotta get Liles in there. Watching Gunnarsson/Kostka/Holzer try to move the puck and break-out is just so annoying. He never even should have been removed, but hard fore-checking teams are killing these guys. It doesn't help that the forwards try to make cute passes and constantly turn the puck over.

2. We need higher puck possession IMO. It wins games, and we're awful at it. A bit of luck on our side right now - we've gotta tighten up or start possessing the puck.

3. The MacArthur-Kadri-Komarov line is great. This seems like the only line that can possess the puck and sustain a cycle. Watching MacArthur-Kadri is great. Can't wait till Frattin joins that line.

5. Two enforcers is overkill, especially against a team like NJ. I'd prefer (when everyone's healthy): McLaren - McClemment - Steckel

4th line should be McLaren-McClement-Komarov when everyone's healthy. Koma could double shift occasionally as he does have top 9 talent and is a great 3rd liner IMO.

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
4th line should be McLaren-McClement-Komarov when everyone's healthy. Koma could double shift occasionally as he does have top 9 talent and is a great 3rd liner IMO.

Right - totally forgot about him for a second.

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
vanRiemsdyk - Grabovski - Kulemin
MacArthur - Kadri - Frattin
McLaren - McClemment - Komarov
Orr/Steckel

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Right - totally forgot about him for a second.

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
vanRiemsdyk - Grabovski - Kulemin
MacArthur - Kadri - Frattin
McLaren - McClemment - Komarov
Orr/Steckel

Yup looks solid. LWs could potentiall be moved Around due to chemistry

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

I agree .. Komarov still needs to get his offense going, right now he's got some stone hands .. But I love his tenacity on the forecheck and stuff, such a great pest and I love his physicality .. He'd be a great 4th liner I think going forward once everyone is healthy

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
A couple things:

Excellent post. My thoughts exactly.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
Yeah, his one and only shift with Kadri. Can you show me when Grabo set up Kulemin like that and Kulemin was terrible with the puck?

I could probably bring up a couple with Grabo-Kule and Grabo-Kessel, but people will still say that they have no chemistry. 1 play where Philly made a horrible line change doesn't automatically mean that 2 players have chemistry.

jughead42*

This upcoming stretch against Ottawa, Boston and Pittsburgh is going to be the test for us. If we can take 2 of three we can start to believe a bit that this team might be half decent. I'm sure I'm not the only one with a sick feeling that our success will be exposed as smoke and mirrors at some point, based on that being the case every time we started hot in the recent past. Winning these games will go a long way towards getting rid of that bad feeling.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
I could probably bring up a couple with Grabo-Kule and Grabo-Kessel, but people will still say that they have no chemistry. 1 play where Philly made a horrible line change doesn't automatically mean that 2 players have chemistry.

No one said they did. At least I rather TRY kulemin with Kadri and see how he does. What exactly is wrong with that?

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Finally 5 games above .500!

I gotta rave about 2 people, one is Kadri, I just absolutely love how this kid plays the game, we have been missing a player like this for so long, love the way he plays with an edge

and Jay McClement. He is quickly becoming one of my favourite Leafs, he is like the Amir Johnson of the Leafs. This guy is a winner, you win hockey because of guys like this
does all the little things, kills penalties, clears the puck, solid defender, one of the best FA acquisitions we have made in a long time
very very solid player who knows his role and I hope he is a Leaf for a long time

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008

I gotta rave about 2 people, one is Kadri, I just absolutely love how this kid plays the game, we have been missing a player like this for so long, love the way he plays with an edge

and Jay McClement. He is quickly becoming one of my favourite Leafs, he is like the Amir Johnson of the Leafs. This guy is a winner, you win hockey because of guys like this
does all the little things, kills penalties, clears the puck, solid defender, one of the best FA acquisitions we have made in a long time
very very solid player who knows his role and I hope he is a Leaf for a long time

^^
Agreed

And hes not Joey Crabb or Darryl Boyce who will play well for a stretch then play another stretch when they look aweful

McClement doesnt have much offence, but he actually accepts that and makes sure he doesnt screw anything up

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
^^
Agreed

And hes not Joey Crabb or Darryl Boyce who will play well for a stretch then play another stretch when they look aweful

McClement doesnt have much offence, but he actually accepts that and makes sure he doesnt screw anything up

He is a ****ing beast on the PK too ... I can see why Aves fans were upset when they lost him

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006

Couldn't agree more about McClement. I notice him every night. He's a core part of the team right now! Thank Burke. Underrated signing clearly.

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Can't wait for Frattin and Lupes to get back into the line up .. Lupul is a big addition, but I swear this team looked so much more dangerous with Frattin in the line up for those games he was up .. They looked more energetic and controlled the play more

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->