Post-Game Talk: Leafs win a barn burner

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
Lmfao, it wouldn’t surprised me. I for one will be absolutely f***ed up to a level that I haven’t reached before. I promise you that.

lol....... good one. Personally there is no way I can get more f***ed up then I have at times in my life as it would kill me because I have been really really really f****ed a LOT over the decades. But I will certainly be partying hard core for double digit days without sleeping and probably not eating either.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
If you look for that kind of reaction, you'll find it it. Do yourself a favour and don't waste your night looking under rocks for scorpions.

Most fans of your opponents recognize what talents Matthews and Marner are. I mean, how could any Sens fan diss Matthews after he's treated the Sens like his personal shooter tutor his whole carreer? Mind you, I don't like the guy, but who cares about that?

Good luck in the playoffs. I don't think I'll be able to cheer for you guys until I forget who Tucker was, but you'll be the most entertaining series to watch in any round.
S'ok Bryan Beard will never forget Marion Hossa either

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
Mikey's F of the game goes to::::::

Holl.

Not good today.

Dude, that one armed stick check? I want his home address lol. Here we have one of the NHL's great stories. Guy who was a first round pick, high first pick,. Tremendous teammate,

Plunged down to the ECHL. His response? "Great thing that happened to me". I mean, come on, who says that?

Mark the bird Fidrych did. Guy came out of nowhere and started talking to the mound, the baseball, and blew batters away.

Mark, the bird, Fidrych, captured, the USA baseball fans, like few before or since.

There is a big story here, Tavares and Hyman and Marner and Matthews, were working like a Stanley Cup overtime game for Campbell tonight.

They preserved something that Holl tried to hand over to Ottawa on a platter.

I was one of the first to like Holl. After tonight. I want to see a severe hair cut. His teammates, killing themsout there for Jack? And a one handed stick check, resulting in a goal?

Very imp0rtant game. In many ways.

Holl being such a wimp on that play deflated the team, noticeably. For a few minutes. It was a big moment.

I said to myself, lets see how the aces on our team, react.

Hyman, Tavares, Mo, Marner and Matthews showed me, showed Jack. showed sophisticated fans of this difficult franchise to cheer for.

Something of size.

I was one of Holl's first supporters. Now? In a game of this import?

I would drive him to magic cuts first thing in the morning, and tell him to get a leaf streak and a mohawk.

One armed stick check? Legs not moving?

Lol. Campbell what he is, probably came up to him in the dressing room and said no probs bro, you were probably tired.

Campbell man. Lets keep the streak going. Love the guy.

Tavares people, anyone watch him tonight, wow. Something.

Hyman? Woof, what are we going to do with this guy. Tanenbaum has to approach Hyman senior and start discussing some cherries or something. Zach was crazy crazy to watch tonight.

Connor Brown a good friend of Zach's took it upon himself, to do some Hyman stuff out there. Sorta liked it, but, he wears a Sens jersey now, so nah, didn't like it much.

Apart from Justin Holl tonight, I thought the Leafs played very hard. Campbell had to be nervous.

But holy smokes, he want and tapped a Sen, on the pads. Don't know the player, the number, but yeah, Jack tapped a Sen on the jersey.

Anyone see that in NHL history?

Its another reason I want this terrific story, and person and teammate to make some positive news.

I mean, what is next? Jack goes up to a referee? Tells him, great call?
That wouldn't surprise anyone here would it?

One of my guests who claims to be a Leafs fan kept following me inside, to watch me and some of the game.

He hadn't seen the Leafs this year. What he said was really third party refreshing.

He said, wow, I have never seen the Leafs plays this well and this hard.

Felt good to hear, what I was thinking. From a displaced, bandwagon Leaf fan. He is not dumb by any means, and he was blown away at the speed of the game.

Boring game? For me? No, man. Jack Campbell man.

Last edited:

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Spezza and Thornton can't be together no matter who you play them with. They're too darn slow. Honestly Thornton should rest a few. Also not much finish with kerfoot + Joe.

The team looks dangerous when down and usually can lock it up down when leading.

Sh goal was a continuation of the pp struggle, and a pk breakdown were avoidable but it is what it is. Ottawa came to play and they come with speed and some size.

Reactions: justloveleafs

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
You are a great poster, FLamingo, but I think Berard showed what he was made of when he probably burned a lot of his benefits, cause he just wanted to play, he came back, with one eye.

Which made guys like us, most likely love him even more. Most likely cost him, knowing insurance claims as I do.

I loved Berard, heck, I bet most of this board, which I certainly was not a member of, at that time did.

But on a night like tonight, where I almost wanted to get into the dressing room and give Holl a haircut.

Our great story. Jack Campbell, wins another.

Tonight, his players around him stole the game for him.

Couple of times, we had thank god, camera almost on ice level shots.

Tavares, was churning up the ice. Same for Hyman.

I think this team is a lot better without a certain someone.

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
Did anyone notice tonight? Tavares, played like he was possessed. Same for Hyman.

Boring game? Not for me. Both teams gave it an NHL playoff effort.

I like Babcock for two reasons. He brought some cred etc.. to us. He made our last place overall team play hard.

He isolated and scouted himself an incredible project in Hyman.

Plus and not least, he said, that man has an "NHL body" that guy had an "NHL summer". Great stuff.

Thanks babs for Hyman and the NHL summer and body.

Hyman seems to get better by 1 percent every game I watch him.

Reactions: The Cobra

BigGulpsEh

Feb 20, 2017
He was strong other than that PP debacle. I guess he should have dumped it in or shot a desperation shot towards the net, but there were a lot of other things that are going wrong on the PP if that is the best option for Rielly.

Or just keep skating with the puck instead of stopping up. He was in his own world on that play

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad