Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
upload_2021-4-11_5-5-8.jpeg

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
That's a lotta goals!!
Too bad I could only watch the replay but great to win
Ha, me too.
Fun game.
Ottawa’s gonna be a nice team in a few years. Lotsa talent in that pipeline.
Seems to me JT is picking up.
Jack not great but made some key saves at key times. Cool seeing the team rally around him.

Reactions: saltming

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Ha, me too.
Fun game.
Ottawa’s gonna be a nice team in a few years. Lotsa talent in that pipeline.
Seems to me JT is picking up.
Jack not great but made some key saves at key times. Cool seeing the team rally around him.
Ottawa struggles to keep start because they are frugal, to put it nicely. Also I'm not liking the way they develop players over the years. Let's see how they do with this young group.
Ya the team played hard to get that win for Campbell. Fortunate it was again the Sens and they don't play good defense

Reactions: aingefan

FelixPotvin29

Oct 21, 2012
What decline lol. Dude is a fitness freak and his game has never depended on speed. Technical beast.

All he needs to do is take a quick peek before he shoots or passes and he'll be back to normal. He's out of sync. For whatever reason he refuses to look. Shoots and passes with his head down too much this season. That's literally his only flaw this year and he still has time to break this habit he picked up.

can you text him and let him know?

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Ottawa struggles to keep start because they are frugal, to put it nicely. Also I'm not liking the way they develop players over the years. Let's see how they do with this young group.
Ya the team played hard to get that win for Campbell. Fortunate it was again the Sens and they don't play good defense
Surprisingly Ottawa has only 4 less wins than Montreal. They are 0 and 9 against the oilers just a goal here or there over an entire season is the real difference. They aren't as bad as some think.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I must Gally has fit in nicely on top line. He didn't get points in Matthews last two goals but man he was instrumental and started both

*** NHL** shows he got assists on Matthews last goal. Which I found it to be odd

Reactions: Leaftors

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Surprisingly Ottawa has only 4 less wins than Montreal. They are 0 and 9 against the oilers just a goal here or there over an entire season is the real difference. They aren't as bad as some think.
I firmly believe that's true for the entire league. The difference between first and last is very slim especially with the loser point

Reactions: Leaftors

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Also nice that there’s not much of that pervasive feeling that the Leafs will collapse on tight games.

Reactions: Iapyi

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto

If Ottawa didn't let LOilers use them as a door knob 9 straight times, they would be sitting in that forth spot.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
So you weren't just a little worried when the Sens made it 6-5 with 17 seconds left? :laugh:
Maybe that space between a thumb and pointer finger pinched tightly together?
Technically there’s space, but not enough for a puck to fit through (;

Not like a couple years ago, when a goal happens and you say in your head: oh gawd, here we go again.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Matthews now leads the entire league in ES points. We've got the best f***ing player on ES bar none. No one is better than him at scoring on evens.

Imagine if our PP could play better...

he's 2 back of McDavid. but yeah.

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
Matthews now leads the entire league in ES points. We've got the best f***ing player on ES bar none. No one is better than him at scoring on evens.

Imagine if our PP could play better...

AM34's stats give nothing to the haters to complain about. If he got most of his points on the PP they would jump on that. If he got EN they would jump on that.
But ES?? Dang. Even haters have to submit to this feat! And let's not forget Babcock playing him under 17 minutes for the first three years.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
he's 2 back of McDavid. but yeah.

When I say ES, I mean 5v5 ES. 4 on 4 is even strength like 3 on 3 is ES. Sure it's even but that's not how 90% of the game is played.

Even if you count those, McDavid leads by 2 but has played 4 more games.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
THE GOOD: Buster to the rescue, #11 with the winner for the historic 11th win Congrats Jackie boy, Matty with the Hatty and Mitch gets the Apples, Gally fit in quite nicely with the big boys, JT's line was flying had another dominant game. Spezza doesn't show up on the score-sheet but puts in a pretty effective game considering his circumstances. It's too bad Connor Brown has two years left on his contract and that's all I'm saying!

THE BAD: Let's face it not all those goals can be pinned on Jack, the D was spotty and that's being kind, first time in awhile that they all kind of turned in if not a poor performance certainly performances below ability, don't make it a habit boys. Barabanov isn't a bad player in fact he looks like a really good AHL player, he just doesn't look like an NHL player as often as he should if he wants an NHL job!

THE UGLY: I really hate to say this, but Jumbo fumbling at least three pucks that went right on his tape doesn't inspire any confidence, c'mon Joe a good team-mate doesn't allow himself to be a liability, have an honest conversation with yourself, nobody wants to push you off the cliff. Tell Sheldon you need a game or two off now and again. Game management at that stage of the game was brain dead, brain friggin dead, wtf is the matter with the NHL.

Reactions: Iapyi and LeafsRus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad