Mar 30, 2008
Heh, just realized:

Tonight:
Rielly - 5 shots
Hainsey - 2 shots
Dermott - 2 shots
Zaitsev - 2 shots
Marincin - 1 shot

Gards......How the hell does Gards still have no shots on net this year?!?

When Gardiner is at his best he is mediocre at getting the puck through to the net.... and Gardiner is no where near his best right now. Everything is getting blocked

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Guys, pretty sure it was fatigue that got them in the third tonight.

Not mad at all.

Time to go into Washington on Saturday and sweep the road trip in a statement game.

I hope babcock gives them a day off tomorrow to rest up; has a morning skate on saturday before the game.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Grades:

A- Matthews, Tavares, Marner, Reilly
B- Lindholm, Zaitsev, Hyman, Freddy
C- Kappy, Kadri, Goat, Leivo
D- Dermott, Hainsey
I- (Did he play?) Brown, Ennis, Marleau
WTF- Gardiner, Marincin
You forgot an WTF for Nylander not showing up!

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Hey, not the prettiest, but even Picasso painted shit once in a while. Two points is two points.

Better yet, Tampa lost at home to Van City.

93WrapAround

Jul 4, 2018
I'm 33, pal.

Tell me exactly how time consuming it is to find each negative post containing Hainsey's name so you can let everyone know you "like" it.

Is it like Instagram where you get a hit of dopamine with each "like"

Yet you talk like you're 13. I'm not on Insta, wouldn't know. Judging by your likes received, you wouldn't either. Try posting like a 33 yo instead of the internet tough guy maybe.

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
BS total BS, hyman gets a A+

screens for the first goal, wicked hustle and set up to MM

plows that guy late in the 3rd and i could go on and on

a perfect game for his skill set

i protest :laugh:
I was thinking of moving him up but then people would call me a homer! But I'll do it.

Reactions: DarkKnight

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Obviously we aren't missing offense , 5 Goals a game average , even tho its a small sample size . our lines are going to get better with each other and i don't think the pace will slow down legit. I legit think trading Nylander 1 for 1 for a young GOOD defense men will make us better than bringing him into our line up

When the league tightens up about mid-january and feb and even more so before the playoffs begin we would need that additional offensive threat.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
This team is rolling but with Washington next, I'd like to see Kadri, Leivo Brown, somebody on the bottom 2 step up, we can't have the top 2 lines score ALL the goals

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Let me put this in to perspective for you guys;

If Matthews regresses right now from his current scoring back down to his last year PPG of 1.01, he's still guaranteed an 89 point season at worst, and that's WITHOUT Nylander on his line.

Marner's is somewhere around 83. Tavares I believe 86.

If Rielly does the same, he at bare minimum repeats his last season scoring rate, but more than likely eclipses 60 points.

As I have said; the Leafs drafted this generations Malkin and Kane and put them on the same team. Managed to get a Stamkos tier player in free agency, and Rielly is somehow following the unlikely track record of becoming Duncan Keith v2 (this without his own "Seabrook"). I am okay with waiting out Nylander, because if you add him to this team, it becomes even deadlier and we still have time to develop Liljegren and Sandin as well as more development for Dermott. This team has all time great potential.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Really like what I'm seeing so far from the big boys.

Would like to see Kadri and Marleau get involved offensively.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Heh, just realized:

Tonight:
Rielly - 5 shots
Hainsey - 2 shots
Dermott - 2 shots
Zaitsev - 2 shots
Marincin - 1 shot

Gards......How the hell does Gards still have no shots on net this year?!?

I would have said game 7 ptsd but then I realized he still has no qualms making boneheaded stretch passes or blind passes to no one in particular

so not sure.......................

kfox

Dec 23, 2011
Leafs should have some interest in Nik Kronwall at trade deadline, if they are still looking to improve D--As a rental only and if they can get him at reasonable price.
Played 22 minutes tonight in first game off injury. He's a Babcock favourite and an UFA .

Last edited:

SavedByRoy

Bite the noose
Feb 17, 2006
Fort Myers
With this kind of offensive fireworks, the Leafs might be able to outscore any problems they have. Seriously, that post about Matthews' goal total being more than 5+ entire teams is hilarious (and awesome). And he's got 2-3 teammates with nearly the same points. LOL

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
When Gardiner is at his best he is mediocre at getting the puck through to the net.... and Gardiner is no where near his best right now. Everything is getting blocked

don't agree. when gardiner is at his best he is awesome at getting puck through to the net. he was the only guy that got puck through to the net from the point consistenly last 2 seasons

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Two points, but man that third was disappointing. They were dead and we gave them legs, slight taint to an otherwise good night.
Disappointing third, for sure, and not trying to make excuses, but that's now five games in eight nights, three of them on the road.

They certainly need to get their shit together on the back end, mind you.

Reactions: DarkKnight

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad