Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 5-3

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
1st and 3rd period were bad, but a win is a win. I wouldn't write the Leafs off defensively, I think they'll tighten up against the upcoming top teams.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Gut feeling grades:

Andersen - Meh.

Rielly - Woozah. My Rielly radar froze with the goal.
Hainsey - Ugh. Needs rocket skates.
Gardiner - Blergh. He's having an interesting mix of petrifiction and hubris going right now. Scared of the mistake, so he makes the hardest play possible.
Zaitsev - Mmm. Thumbs up. I think? I don't remember. At one point he ended an imaginary cycle though. It was very nice.
Dermott - Mhm. Double thumbs up. Had a breakaway for the Wings at one point, but Tavares was all over him.
Marincin - Eh. Marincin was Marincin'.

Matthews - 17.7
Marleau - Have to look this hard to notice him.
Kapanen - His two game stint of being Willy is over. When's the next game? He's a disappointment until then.
Tavares - More like Quatroves.
Hyman - Nobody Hyman's better.
God of Hockey - Quite decent tonight.
Kadri - He's got to be careful so he doesn't get frustrated, ya know.
Lindholm - Probably his best game after the shift (where he looked good and did nice things.)
Kadri's RW - Was on ice.
Goat - They forgot to take the leash off.
Leivo - Never before have so little, been scored from so much, in so little time.
Ennis - Darted around like an inebriated mosquito that nobody ever noticed.

If you have questions, please ask Cor. I haven't slept in about 60 hours.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
A win is a win is a win is a win.

Leafs desperately need to learn to close out games. Can’t take their feet off the gas like they did. If we can’t defend might as well play keep away.

Reactions: rubous

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I love winning and getting 2 points most nights

I would like to point out however we are one mighty high event team, awesome to watch but not great for the old ticker

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
We will get a top 4 dman at the deadline if we need one. We will be absolute contenders this year with a real shot at the cup...this year!

Rielly Zaitsev
Gardiner ______
Dermott Hainsey
Marincin Ozhiganov
Rosen Holl
Borgman Liljegren
Sandin

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Not sure if its a good thing for us or not, but WSH got blown out tonight.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Leafs should have some interest in Nik Kromwell at trade deadline, if they are still looking to improve D--As a rental only and if they can get him at reasonable price.
Played 22 minutes tonight in first game off injury. He's a Babcock favourite and an UFA .

I think if the Leafs want to add a rental they should add a rental ASAP not at the TDL; babcock's systems can be taxing; even a player like JT is still learning.

I'd rather have the D come in now instead at the TDL. At the TDL if we have to add I would prefer to add offense (yes even if Nylander is with the team) with two-way play

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Updated after JT gets awarded his fourth assist.

Leafs Scoring 3.jpg

Reactions: PromisedLand

cmorly

Oct 14, 2010
Toronto, Ont
After reading some of these posts, the Leafs could win the cup and some people would still be upset.

"Yes they won the cup, but I'm still not happy. Remember the giveaway by Gardiner during the 2nd round, game 2 in overtime? Because of that, I'm not going to the parade."
"Zaitsev's Corsi was terrible a few games ago, I hope they don't give him a ring, he doesn't deserve it!!!"

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Yea it sucks seeing Leafs wins.

Tampa lost 4-1 to the Canucks, Washington 6-0 to the Devils, Sharks gave the crappy Rangers their first win. Season is early.

I know right? It's getting pretty hard to read some of these comments lately. It's like people want to complain just to complain. "We won but our goalie gave up 6 goals!" "Yes but the other goalie gave up 7." I wish people would just enjoy the win but it's like they have this criticism locked and loaded and are going to say it, dammit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad