Post-Game Talk: Leafs Win 4-2! | How Kessel Got His Groove Back!

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Bozo The Clown: 0 points

what-I-didnt-u7qps3.jpg

Really we came back from 2 goals down, dominated one of the best teams in the league so far in the second half and Bozak saved a goal at the end and your still complaining?

Metal God

Aug 12, 2010
Toronto
I'm not going to lie. When it was 2-0. I turned it off but followed the tracker on NHL.com. I saw 2-2.

It looked like a different team when I turned it back on!

GO LEAFS GO!!!!

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
No because Bernier made key saves during the third to keep this game alive. Have you seen his save by Selanne when we were up by a goal?

newsflash, every goalie has to make saves. Bernier was solid in this game, but not the reason they won.

and anyways, Kypreos was giving Bernier credit for holding the leafs in at the START of the game, when he gave up 2 goals on the only 2 chances he faced.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I just came back and missed the whole game!!!!

SOMEONE RECAP AND HIGHLIGHTS PLEASEE!!

it was a very slow first period.
the ducks scored first.

then in the second period, the ducks scored again.
then Kessel scored.
then Dion scored
then Kessel scored
(one of those were a powerplay)

then we scored in the third period

we held the Ducks to less than 20 shots. :)

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Agreed, Bowen kept mentioning the PK but it was already tied at that point. Down 2-0, Phaneuf's hit in the corner was the noticeable turning point for me. PP soon after, Kessel and Phaneuf scored in quick succession, then it was flowing the Leafs way.

I know the Leafs only had 2 shots in the first period, but I didn't think they got dominated in any way.

Probably the most solid game the Leafs have played this season, it has a sort of ... fulfilling feeling to it.

Kessel broke out, JVR and Gardiner had monster games as well.

Not sure what Millen was talking about Kadri, he's been pretty noticeable in the offensive zone alongside Lupul, and that opportunity wasn't a missed shot, the d-man simply got his stick in the way.

veedubn1

Jun 7, 2010
Dat Dion...

Where would our defense be without him? Beast on the PK, scores goals and momentum shifting hits... just awesome. I really want to believe it has nothing to do with the fact he's in a contract year but it is what it is... at this point I don't see how we can ask the guy to take a pay cut and hopefully he's fine keeping his cap hit at 6.5M .

JVR with two helpers but I'm most impressed with the big minutes he's playing on our PK... #2 for Leaf forwards in PK TOI

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010
turning point was that ridiculous call by the ref to give us a goal on the pp.

the ref should have been #1 star, that killed the mighty duck's momentum.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
newsflash, every goalie has to make saves. Bernier was solid in this game, but not the reason they won.

and anyways, Kypreos was giving Bernier credit for holding the leafs in at the START of the game, when he gave up 2 goals on the only 2 chances he faced.

Yes. And that is what good goalie does for your team. Shut down the opposition when you have the lead.

Plus, the defense was pretty bad for both goals, especially the first one but we survived and Bernier made key saves to win the game.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Agreed, Bowen kept mentioning the PK but it was already tied at that point. Down 2-0, Phaneuf's hit in the corner was the noticeable turning point for me. PP soon after, Kessel and Phaneuf scored in quick succession, then it was flowing the Leafs way.

I know the Leafs only had 2 shots in the first period, but I didn't think they got dominated in any way.

Probably the most solid game the Leafs have played this season, it has a sort of ... fulfilling feeling to it.

I agree.. Lets not forget the Ducks hadn't had a regulation loss since the opener against the Av's .. This was a big test for the Leafs and they did well shutting them out while finding a way to get some offense going to win

Good rebound win after that loss to a similar calibre top end team in Chicago

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
Saves a goal at the end, keeps the play going on the PP goal, best Leaf on the draw, and you STILL complain

He didn't save anything. Bozak didn't cover his guy but the puck jumped over the duck players stick. Bozak was flat out beat.

Clutching at straws

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
The overreactions after the first period seem even more hilarious now

They weren't overreactions. Leafs were playing like ****. Crowd booed the crap out of them too.

If they played like they did in the 2nd and 3rd, but they were down by a goal, there wouldn't have been much complaining.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Yes. And that is what good goalie does for your team. Shut down the opposition when you have the lead.

Plus, the defense was pretty bad for both goals, especially the first one but we survived and Bernier made key saves to win the game.

Bernier was good. Not complaining about him at all. Thought he could have stopped the pass across on the first goal, and he made a very weird play that ended up with a post and out, but that's fine, he doesn't have to be perfect.

But Kipper trying to say Bernier won them this game is garbage. Leafs played an excellent defensive game against the hottest offense in hockey.

RASHBEEP

Sep 18, 2010
No because Bernier made key saves during the third to keep this game alive. Have you seen his save by Selanne when we were up by a goal?

Although Bernier made some good saves tonight, I actually thought he was just ok. Seemed to me like he didn't really look comfortable out there.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
yeah the mighty Oilers spanking Montreal.

Pretty much the same as us. Oilers down by 2 and they score 4 straight.

We need the East teams to keep losing against West teams. Better for us as the points are basically gone.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
They weren't overreactions. Leafs were playing like ****. Crowd booed the crap out of them too.

If they played like they did in the 2nd and 3rd, but they were down by a goal, there wouldn't have been much complaining.
Hockey games aren't finished after 1 period

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad