Post-Game Talk: Leafs Win 4-2! | How Kessel Got His Groove Back!

leafstilldeath*

The turning point of the game, the spark that lit the flame:

tumblr_mv3mafWCdd1qfu7qlo1_1280.jpg

Agreed!!!

Dion throws a big hit, momentum shifts we get a lead and tie the game. Kill 5 on 3 get another shift in momentum and add to the lead. It was Awesome!!!

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Bozak is the worst 1c in the NHL. Grabo scored tonight, why can't Bozak score ever unless it's a breakaway.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Bernier was good. Not complaining about him at all. Thought he could have stopped the pass across on the first goal, and he made a very weird play that ended up with a post and out, but that's fine, he doesn't have to be perfect.

But Kipper trying to say Bernier won them this game is garbage. Leafs played an excellent defensive game against the hottest offense in hockey.

Yea, I agree with you there. Bernier was solid. He didn't win the game for us, but he kept us alive during the 3rd period.

Garbs

Jul 2, 2005
London, Ontario
We limited the Anaheim Ducks, the second best team in the league for shots for, to 25 shots, and analysts want to pretend that wasn't a full 60 minute effort?

That was our best played game of the season in our zone.

TheOneArmedMan

Jan 17, 2011
lol everyone scoring on the top line and Bozak can't even get assists. Guy is just terrible. Please just put Kadri on the top line. Eakins did it with Yakupov.

Also Phaneuf... love it when he plays a physical game.

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
Although Bernier made some good saves tonight, I actually thought he was just ok. Seemed to me like he didn't really look comfortable out there.

This, he was fine and made some big saves but he was losing rebounds and went swimming at least twice when the puck banked off the back boards.
Not a knock but he didn't steal the game and he hasn't proven better than Reimer.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I find it sad that after a game where we finally looked good, where we got a great win against the hottest team of the league, people still come in here and don't really seem interested in anything else than to bash Bozak. Just can't be unhealthy, that level of obsession.

The GIF itself that was posted was pretty spot on though.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Hockey games aren't finished after 1 period

Nobody said they were.

But not expecting some bad reactions after another bad first 20-25minutes, they deserve to get booed and "heckled" on here.

Had they shown up, even down by a goal or two, there wouldn't have been "overreactions".

leafstilldeath*

lol everyone scoring on the top line and Bozak can't even get assists. Guy is just terrible. Please just put Kadri on the top line. Eakins did it with Yakupov.

But but but Bozak does the little things right...

:facepalm: X infinity

LyGuy

Aug 21, 2013
No mention of Orr's good game? His line drew a penalty, plus 2 scoring chances and this one nice pass to Bolland (or McClement) in the neutral zone =0

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
7-3 after 10 games! Bad team, my ass. They have battled through early on adversity with the injuries and the suspension. That's a good team, in my eyes.

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
I find it sad that after a game where we finally looked good, where we got a great win against the hottest team of the league, people still come in here and don't really seem interested in anything else than to bash Bozak. Just can't be unhealthy, that level of obsession.

The GIF itself that was posted was pretty spot on though.

Not trying to hate on him, just saying he needs to gtfo.

Baarle*

May 29, 2010
28.294194, -39.07612

Also Phaneuf... love it when he plays a physical game.

2 of kessels goals were on 2 on 1's when bozak was playing defensive in our zone. Is he supposed to teleport up the ice?

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
We really needed a game like this. The 1st period was brutal, as bad as the last few games. Then something happened and the team was back to normal. That was such a nasty funk they went through the last few games. Hopefully we've shaken it off.

Good win! Go leafs Go!!

RC against his old team and Leafs did not show up? Actually I thought that Gardiner had great game against Ducks. Way to go kid! :yo:

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
We limited the Anaheim Ducks, the second best team in the league for shots for, to 25 shots, and analysts want to pretend that wasn't a full 60 minute effort?

That was our best played game of the season in our zone.

yep, and that first period was probably our best defensive period of the game, too.

Censored23

May 20, 2011
Just curious, did the Ducks call 2 timeouts? They called one just after Phaneufs goal, then another late in the third, or was the last one called by Carlyle?

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
I think this was the most complete game that the Leafs played this season. I knew they were going to win. i just knew it.

People are going to complain about the first period - but I truthfully think it wasn't that bad. Yes: we had two shots, 17 minutes apart. whatever - the Ducks had FIVE SHOTS with 1 scoring chance (the one they scored on). we weren't sloppy or unmotivated, I think we were just getting our paces.

the second period (even with that goal we gave up) was a very neatly played one - and then: the hits. the speed. the attack into the opposition end. it was finally good to see that aspect of the game come back - and it just started the attack.

the third period was more of the same.

Congrats to Kessel on his natural hattrick. Bernier really closed the door down, which was good. :) so proud of my boys :)

Kessel didn't have a natural hat trick, Dion scored the tying goal

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
7-3 after 10 games! Bad team, my ass. They have battled through early on adversity with the injuries and the suspension. That's a good team, in my eyes.

And that's without our #2 RW for 10 games, our #3 RW for 8 games and our #1 LW for 2 games.

Good start now will hopefully pay big dividends later in the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad