Post-Game Talk: Leafs Win 4-2! | How Kessel Got His Groove Back!

LyGuy

Aug 21, 2013
Just curious, did the Ducks call 2 timeouts? They called one just after Phaneufs goal, then another late in the third, or was the last one called by Carlyle?

That's what I'm confused about too. I thought teams were only allowed 1 timeout regardless of when its used

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Phil is back

i3xxdWNyGFjea.gif

credit to dannzo_29 in /r/TempleOfThePhil on Reddit

ChiTownLeafer

From Toronto to Chicago
Dec 26, 2011
Chicago, IL
I really noticed Orr in a good way today. Provided energy, drew a penalty and didn't make bone headed plays. I really think his overall game has improved. By no means can he take regular shifts just yet but from where he was before, i think he has come a long way. I really like how the leafs are trying to develop Orr's overall game and slowly transition him into taking more shifts.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
yep, and that first period was probably our best defensive period of the game, too.

exactly.
it was exactly what the team needed. nothing too fancy. it could have been BETTER but it was solid. i don't get the issue

Kessel didn't have a natural hat trick, Dion scored the tying goal

thanks. It actually hit me when I was recapping it for someone. I forgot Dion scored the tying goal. :)

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
If you guys want a player to bash tonight, Raymond had an awful game.

Missed a ton of passes that went through his stick. He turnover the puck a couple times and just didn't do much of anything good.

I realize some just hate Bozak because of the role he's in but Raymond had by far the worst game of any Leaf tonight.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I really noticed Orr in a good way today. Provided energy, drew a penalty and didn't make bone headed plays. I really think his overall game has improved. By no means can he take regular shifts just yet but from where he was before, i think he has come a long way. I really like how the leafs are trying to develop Orr's overall game and slowly transition him into taking more shifts.

I hope that with Clarkson back, we won't see as much Orr. Because Raymond will slot down to the third line with Bolland and Jay Mac.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
That's what I'm confused about too. I thought teams were only allowed 1 timeout regardless of when its used
I heard the in game announcement that it was the Leafs timeout. Makes sense, wanted to keep his defensive guys fresh for the last part of the game.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
some1 needs to get that phil duck dynasty picture and caption it
"the duck hunter"

Mr Scarface*

orr, Clarkson and Frazer McLAren are ALL important and will be playing in all games when healthy. Carlyle likes it like that like we already proved last season. You already seen it and know it now.

bozak is now getting paid big money and doesn't want to give his all anymore in all of the 82 games. He will give his best at times and in some games, but not in all. He knows this too and it shows in his game. Bozak is a player to have and in his "100 % mental in it" games as I like to call them he will be a star. In some games he doesn't do it with full heart. He gets the money now and will not show up in every game anymore.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
I just came back and missed the whole game!!!!

SOMEONE RECAP AND HIGHLIGHTS PLEASEE!!

We played good defensively, but without spark. Gave up couple, then our PP started our comeback. Dion scored shortly after that to tie it up. Then Ducks got 5-on-3 for 1:27 and PK kept them off. Kessel scored his second top shelf on 2-kn-1 with all heavy load done by Ranger winning two puck battles in a row and sending Kessel to his second. Then we had few more chances and Kessel scored hatty from JVR glorious pass pn 2-on-1. JVR was given PS, but hit the crossbar - oh so close! Then we closed out the game. Bernier had 2-3 brilliant saves and controlled puck all night long - Ducks were hopeless and scored their second only because puck was on the glass and Berni could not play it behind the net.
RC, Lupul, Gardiner won against their old team. Beuchemin who?

Kirkpatrick

Oct 6, 2011
Ottawa
2 of kessels goals were on 2 on 1's when bozak was playing defensive in our zone. Is he supposed to teleport up the ice?

Yup, the reason that Winnik's pass went all the way through to JVR on the hattrick goal was because Bozak tied up his man in the slot. Defensive play at one end leads to a (converted) scoring chance at the other - pretty effective play by the whole line :handclap:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I find it sad that after a game where we finally looked good, where we got a great win against the hottest team of the league, people still come in here and don't really seem interested in anything else than to bash Bozak. Just can't be unhealthy, that level of obsession.

The GIF itself that was posted was pretty spot on though.

Bozak saved a goal when the game was in doubt, played a decent game to me. We won, that's the most important thing, but there are those that are pretty transparent here, they should cheer for the Caps maybe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->