Post-Game Talk: Leafs Win 4-2! | How Kessel Got His Groove Back!

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
jzWODkF.png

Tyler Biggs*

On a night where Team Canada and Team USA brass were in the stands, some of the boys decided to pick a good night to blow up. Kessel and JVR?? Great chemistry. Gotta believe these two will at least start on a line in Sochi.

Phaneuf & Bernier are the other two. I know both are dark horses to make the team, but they're at least giving them something to think about. Bernie played unbelievable last night even though his team started out slowly. Made huge saves to keep his team in it all night.

Phanuef has continued to impress me all season, and tonight was no different. He played smart defensively, pinched in when it was needed (got rewarded for that too) and stepped up when his team was flat. Threw some huge hits, was an imposing figure on that 5-3 PK, and tied the game up to keep the momentum going in their favor tonight! Huge game by all. I'm sure the Olympic committee was impressed.

That being said, as a Leafs fan, this game was just fun to watch. The final two period at least. A good bounce back effort against one of the best teams in the West. Now let's see what Clarky can bring us! Go Leafs!

Tyler Biggs*

I won't lie, I was worried about the Leafs going into this game after the game against Chicago and Anaheim's hot streak. However the Leafs decided to get it rolling in the second period and I couldn't be happier. To top it off, we'll have Clarkson back for the next game...and then Fraser and Kulemin will make their returns. After years of watching the Leafs struggle I finally have the team I longed for.

The Leafs are simply a delight to watch.

Best news about last night: Clarkie's back b*tches!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Disgruntled Observer*

Perry was wrecking ball all game long and literally asked for that penalty. He was agitated and played stupid and reckless. They got this call right at very least. :help:

Well, Clarkson's back now.
I wonder... if he went out there, played agitated and physical, chirped some players, and then in response the refs made up a phantom boarding penalty that changed the momentum of the game... would you be singing the same tune?

What's so hard with saying "Yep, the Perry 'boarding' call was ridiculous. We got lucky. But we get our fair share of bad calls as well."

WHY IS THAT SO HARD?
Why do you feel the need to lamely rationalize every positive and negative thing to happen?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Well, Clarkson's back now.
I wonder... if he went out there, played agitated and physical, chirped some players, and then in response the refs made up a phantom boarding penalty that changed the momentum of the game... would you be singing the same tune?

What's so hard with saying "Yep, the Perry 'boarding' call was ridiculous. We got lucky. But we get our fair share of bad calls as well."

WHY IS THAT SO HARD?
Why do you feel the need to lamely rationalize every positive and negative thing to happen?

That was a terrible call :laugh: even the Ref felt sorry for us that he gave us a chance to get back into the game.

The Ducks did get a 5 on 3 for almost 1:30 so there shouldn't be any excuse. The game was tied 2-2 and they had one of the worst 5 on 3 chances ever..

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
The booing wasn't really noticeable in the building, at least where I was sitting.

I didn't notice any booing either, I was in section 314.

I was in 110, just in the right corner on the Leafs' side at the time. It was mostly coming from behind our net when the Ducks broke up a couple of plays off of bad rushes and dumped it deep. Then Dion realized that was unacceptable, crushed Perry, and the team woke up.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I was in 110, just in the right corner on the Leafs' side at the time. It was mostly coming from behind our net when the Ducks broke up a couple of plays off of bad rushes and dumped it deep. Then Dion realized that was unacceptable, crushed Perry, and the team woke up.

Didn't he hit Palmieri? I don't think it was Perry.

Whoever it was, that hit definitely woke most of our team

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Didn't he hit Palmieri? I don't think it was Perry.

Whoever it was, that hit definitely woke most of our team

Yeah, I'm sure it was Palmeri. I think Perry was the one that start yapping at Phaneuf after the hit.

veedubn1

Jun 7, 2010
Yeah, I'm sure it was Palmeri. I think Perry was the one that start yapping at Phaneuf after the hit.

Here's hoping Dion said "if you have a problem with that hit, go talk to Orrsy" to Perry.

When our team starts taking the body consistently (and gets the other team off their game as a result) we're tough to beat.

We beat a very good team last night.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
3 if you count Thornton.

Still it hasn't stopped them from being successful.

They got very lucky though. Gave up JT for nothing to clear cap space and with that signed Chara the next summer. Gave up Kessel for 3 draft picks and 1 ends up being second overall, which they were even shocked with. These are 2 situations which are best case scenerios which would rarely happen.

Tyler Biggs*

Numerous people said the Leafs couldn't win this game. The proof is in the proverbial pudding.

Leafs have the leagues easiest schedule, refs gave Leafs all the breaks, every goal was flukey and scored purely because of luck for the Leafs, Leafs can't beat the worst teams in the league, Leafs have no chance against the best teams in the league, the other team was coming off the hardest schedule/road trip in the league, Leafs had too many PP's. There I said it all for you haters, now we can just have the fans post. Great game again and boy is Kessel an elite beast! GLG

Toronto beats one of the best Western Conference teams in the NHL, and Montreal loses to one of the worst. I could get use to this.

A good win against a good team. Atta boys! And the haters say what?

Last edited by a moderator:

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Anyone else see Orr had 4 shots in this game after having 0 in the first 9 games? thats quite odd

leafstilldeath*

Anyone else see Orr had 4 shots in this game after having 0 in the first 9 games? thats quite odd

Orr was playing solid hockey for us. He also drew a penalty forechecking hard on the ducks. Its good to see Orr playing well. Hope he keeps it up. It would be nice seeing

McLaren-JayMc-Orr

play strong cycle game. People do not give enough credit but McLaren is a good skater and has decent hands for a 4th liner (and I do not mean just punching skills ;))

Even JVR said the team got charged up after seeing Orr and Bodie laying their bodies on the line blocking shots and giving it all.

Orr lifted the team up (not by fighting but playing solid hockey). Its good to see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad