Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Rested our #1D,#3D, #1LW, #1G, #2G and still waltz to an easy victory. This team went into cruise control in the 2nd two periods and still took a nap through it.

This is definitely the best leafs team I've seen.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Better team won

Just a good professional effort and we never looked like losing, it's nice when your team learns to shut down games and protect leads

The changes were good to, giving some guys rest and getting minutes into guys we may need later on is good smart strategy long term

Liljegren looked good, solid dependable defensive effort with some physicality sprinkled in

The kid still makes me think Stralman whenever I watch him

Reactions: Nooodles and Jojalu

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
also, nobody injured..which always terrifies me with playoffs so close lol

Agreed, I get so worried when someone gets into a fight and doesn't take the other guys helmet off... 'TAKE THE f***ING HELMET OFF SO U DON'T BREAK YOUR HAND!!!!!' Regardless, Simmonds fed that prick the beans and I love him for it! WOOOO!!! GLG!

Reactions: djdev

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
I'm not used to watching a mature Leafs team, not since the Pat Quinn era . . . but they are playing very mature.
Locked up spot, playing against a team with still a glimmer of hope for a playoff spot, and a team with some speed and skill to boot, that has given us trouble - and we just. played. solid.

Solid, mature game all around.
When it's a game like this I wish they gave a star to someone other than Matty and Marner - Engvall, Kerfoot, etc could have had one IMHO . . . but what irks me most is that they screw with the shot total numbers so much. It's a pet peeve of mine that has grown with time, but I'll save it for another post.

Very proud of this team, you're ALL GROWNS UP!!

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
My partner talked to Borje, today at length, most about biz. \

His opinion, on Nylander, Sandin, Liljegren.

Lol, proud as heck of them, thinks all three are great.

Like, I said, you just aren't going to get a Swede to say a bad word , about a Swede.

Borje, thinks they are all great. Me too. Those three, are, foof, just so good.

Been six weeks now since we have signed up Borje, but, well, till then, he is just a heckuva guy to talk with. No announcement yet.

But nah, I will never get a bad word about a Swede, or even a LEAF, teammate outta that guy.

Its why he is called the KING, still

Anyone listen to the lengthy interview with Foligno, after the trade, day later.

Guy was the captain of the team that beat us last year.

Very articulate. like a top end university student. Total class.

I think his injection, into our team, did something a la Red Kelly.

Immediate Stanley Cup, addition.

We toyed, toyed with Vancouver tonight.

Our team defence since Foligno was added. NIGHT AND DAY.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
57ordq.jpg

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
I would not be surprised if Sandin is seen as this team's #1 by the end of next season. He has been outrageously good since getting the call up. I thought Liljegren looked good. Very tight gaps, was knocking Canucks down left and right and was a rock defensively. He's going to be an easy top 4 guy when he starts rushing the puck and shooting more at this level. Everyone outside of the Holl-Hutton pair were good.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Dominated. Playoffs are going to be awesome!
We treally did our thang sire :clap: WE CONTROLLED EVERYONEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Like gary oldman. But yes sire, we have it all now. Our current new suckas performed real well too. It was the correct choice to play game with them guys. Keefe is a serious contented now sire. He finna bounce on that thang, hard.

Simmonds was once again once of the key elements in our gezame. Hard.

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Wayne makes Edler pay

I guess I didn't have time to rewatch this earlier . . . but man! That's actually a bit of a dirty play, shoot . . . And I know it may not have been "intentional" coming from Edler, but it all makes way more sense now for Simmonds to do that (initiate the fight tonight), and I'm glad that Edler went through the motions and toed the line (that's guilt, I'm telling you - if he felt he was in the right, he avoids it).

It's genuinely a bad knee on knee.
Intentional or not, it was a bad/dirty play.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
The big boys showed up, Sandin was awesome, Liljegren and Hutton looked solid, Rittich bounced back and Engvall's goal didn't cost us the game.

What else could we ask for?

Reactions: crump

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Brodie and Sandin were very good together. Sandin had a very impressive game.
Dermott and Liljegren were also good together, and Liljegren similarly played a nice game. He broke up so many neutral zone plays, smart checks, poke checks.

Both Liljegren and Sandin made some nice zone exit passes, especially Sandin.

Holl was bad.
Hutton was terrible. Like please let's never see him again. Like I'd rather see Marincin bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad