Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
I laugh when I quote Borje, cause, its been like at least six weeks since I brought him up.

But little as I know him and I will be able to announce my affiliation with him. He would never throw a Swede under the bus, heck, maybe not even John Brophy. Or even Claire Alexander.

NHLers, are like that. Really compete hard, but respect, what each other has been through.

They may not express, those views as candidly as Black Jack Campbell. But yeah, most of them do.

Nuther reflection on tonight. Brodie, anyone watch that guy tonight.

Carried the puck, very well. Dubas might make some moves with Rielly. Just a hunch.

He was not missed at all tonight.

Reactions: LeafsRus and geo25

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
I laugh when I quote Borje, cause, its been like at least six weeks since I brought him up.

But little as I know him and I will be able to announce my affiliation with him. He would never throw a Swede under the bus, heck, maybe not even John Brophy. Or even Claire Alexander.

NHLers, are like that. Really compete hard, but respect, what each other has been through.

They may not express, those views as candidly as Black Jack Campbell. But yeah, most of them do.

Nuther reflection on tonight. Brodie, anyone watch that guy tonight.

Carried the puck, very well. Dubas might make some moves with Rielly. Just a hunch.

He was not missed at all tonight.
i know him from when i was a early teen, i actually was good friends with his daughter and spent some time with him. great guy.

On-the-Fly

Feb 6, 2007
I didn't. What did he say?

Called 38 excellent tonight and said 78 was exceptional beside him which helped.

For a coach who likes to tinker to find out what hes got, youve got to figure that pair is a legit option should 44 and 78 not click when it matters.

Stonehands1990

Apr 2, 2021
Another full season of Sandin might make the Rielly negotiations awkward...

Obviously not trying to throw Sandin to the wolves with tougher usage but it’s not like Rielly is playing shutdown pair

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Well played game by the Leafs, the Canucks...not so much. I'm very impressed by the number of line combinations we can toss at an opponent, especially given that the drop-off in talent is not substantial (unless one of the big boys gets hurt) when we move players around. Add in Hyman and Nash and the coaching staff is going to have some late night chats figuring out the best possible line combinations heading into the playoffs. Maybe even more impressive for me is seeing our D group looking as competent as it has. Sandin has been a shot in the arm. Watching Liljegren tonight makes me want to see more. Dermott on the right side has been solid. Bogo, when he returns, is a playoff proven, solid vet. Hutton's first game with a new team and not having played for two weeks earns a pass from me. We know the strengths and weaknesses of our top 4. Again, the question becomes how to optimize. Sunday, I'd go with...

Sandin Brodie
Muzzin Liljegren
Hutton Dermott

I'd like to see Sandin run the PP. I want to see how Liljegren deals with the PK. I want Hutton to get some time to acclimatize. We have a very generous end of season schedule. Let's use it to get everyone up to speed, ready for a deep run. GLG!

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Glad the boys won, to me this was a clinic.

I know the Nucks were bad but the Boys didn’t let them gain any momentum and really control them.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Anyone else like the Sandin-Brodie pairing better than the Rielly-Brodie paring?
Definitely i did. When was the last time anyone seen Rielly taking the puck through the middle,feeding his winger and going to the net for the rebound. Sandin looked like a #1 on that Engvall goal and definitely distracted the Holtby going to the net hard.

We have M.Rielly’s replacement and he’s flat out solid all over the ice :).

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Glad the boys won, to me this was a clinic.

I know the Nucks were bad but the Boys didn’t let them gain any momentum and really control them.

It wasn't even a question of keeping them to the outside, we didn't let them leave their own zone for half the game.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
that calgary vancouver series at the end of the year might end up being some verrrry interesting hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad