Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Anyone else laugh when you see fanbases call other fanbases classless and all that? You'll literally see people say this player from our team should go take this guy out of the game on a stretcher then say another fanbase is classless if a fan from a different fanbase says the same thing. It's become kinda comical how every teams fanbase is the same when it comes to defending it's players and don't see it. It's also funny they say Toronto is the worst. Well no shit, thats what happens when you just have a way bigger fanbase. If their fanbase was as big as ours I'm sure everyone would say the same about theirs.
It’s the XidiotPerCapita stat I look at.

Last edited:
May 2, 2005
Niagara Falls
The greatest thing about this dirty Leafs narrative is we saw first hand how the Canadian media gushed and collectively pleasured themselves at how Boston played in the playoffs against the Leafs. With numerous hits far after possession, cheap shots, and dirty plays which they got away with.

Now we have shown some push back with a fight in response to a dirty hit from a previous games, reverse hits, and clearing out the crease and suddenly it's unacceptable? I heard not one of these talking heads question Debrusks plays in the playoffs.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
"Leafs are so soft, they'll never go anywhere, no pushback, they don't fight or hit"

*team fights and hits*

"Leafs are so dirty, where is the respect, waaaaaaaaaaaa"

MAKE UP YOUR MIND PEOPLE

What's funny is if the Leafs lose out in the playoffs, the same pundits will say that the Leafs weren't tough enough or built for playoff hockey with something misinformed that they are an offence-only team.

AvroArrow

The way she goes
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
The greatest thing about this dirty Leafs narrative is we saw first hand how the Canadian media gushed and collectively pleasured themselves at how Boston played in the playoffs against the Leafs. With numerous hits far after possession, cheap shots, and dirty plays which they got away with.

Now we have shown some push back with a fight in response to a dirty hit from a previous games, reverse hits, and clearing out the crease and suddenly it's unacceptable? I heard not one of these talking heads question Debrusks plays in the playoffs.

Remember Debrusks knee ? lol not even a penalty, forget a suspension. Edler gets 2 games for this play in the regular season.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

tenor.gif

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

like like like

DirkStraun

Aug 9, 2015
One of the more annoying talking points I've seen is "the Leafs should've sent someone other than Simmonds." As if Keefe tapped Wayne on the bench and said "go get him" like this was 1985, and it ignores any agency on Simmonds' part.

Who cares what those people say. Bunch of cry babies and that's it. Most fans know this was what had to happen and it happened and that's it's now it's over. The code still exists and it's nice to see it play out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->