Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 4-1 | Happy New Year!

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
Thought Anderson played great not a lot of rebounds, glad to see after 3 bad games in a row.

Nylander is showing his true self looks like a 75p guy, Tavares missed a bunch of shots but looked great and Matthews looked great.

I liked kerfoots game had a lot of speed and that great shot. Marner was decent.

Surprisingly didn’t hate marincin for once.

Happy New Years and hope for the continued success in the new year!

Reactions: weems and Brown Dog

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I think folks are really learning that raw numbers/production are not as impactful in contract negotiations as initially thought.

Nylander's camp was pretty god damn adamant that he could do a hell of a lot better than 61 points. Babcock can reek havoc on your production if he doesn't like you. Even if you aren't in his doghouse, he just wasn't a coach that players could blossom under offensively.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA

‪bUt ThEy HaVeNt wOn a PlAyOfF RoUnD‬ tHiS dEcAdE

Don't understand what your statement has to do with anything but we are very clearly a much different team under Sheldon Keefe. Small sample size but he's already gotten these guys to do the one thing Babcock never could; consistently compete. They look like they're having fun out there again and it shows in the creativity of their play. We are getting to the point in the season where teams are beginning to tighten up and the fact we are playing so well is really encouraging.

In short, thrilled with Keefe so far. He's made this team a team again and a damn good one to boot.

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
Don't understand what your statement has to do with anything but we are very clearly a much different team under Sheldon Keefe. Small sample size but he's already gotten these guys to do the one thing Babcock never could; consistently compete. They look like they're having fun out there again and it shows in the creativity of their play. We are getting to the point in the season where teams are beginning to tighten up and the fact we are playing so well is really encouraging.

In short, thrilled with Keefe so far. He's made this team a team again and a damn good one to boot.

Yeah I completely agree. I was mocking the opinions of the main board.

Reactions: BrannigansLaw

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge

Totally agree. Since 2019 ushered in the Leafs looked like a listless, disinterested team that wasn’t much fun to watch. Now I look forward with breathless anticipation for the next game. They might be one of the most offensively entertaining Leafs team in their history.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Happy New Years fellow Leaf fans!!!!!

Hope you all had a safe and fun New Years! Glad to get back in the win column.

as always

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!
GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!
GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Lilou and Heritage

Welsh Maple Leaf

Jan 9, 2017
Excellent win after a great run.

Love the Keerfoot-JT-Nylander line right now. Matty just keeps on trucking ey?

Im still concerned with Reilly - not sure what the hell is up with him.

Reactions: Menzinger

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
View attachment 300657 Gonna leave this here before month ends. Babcock supporters and Dubas/Keefe haters on here went back into hiding and just waiting to come out if we lose 2 or 3 in a row.
Leave that there all you want, seriously what do you want? a medal?

Yes Keefe has turned this team around no question, us Babcock supporters get the point already but seriously, we can tell Babcock lived rent free in your head. Maybe you might want to look into moving on as a new years resolution for 2020. At the end of the day, We all support the same ******* team no matter who the coach is.

13-4-1 we get it. Thats a great stat. Now beat the guys we're chasing like Boston. Lets beat them or get past them in the 1st round. Focus on the bigger picture not hte continuous "I'm right you're wrong" **** that I see in here all the time.

Reactions: egd27 and ToneDog

willmma

Jan 5, 2017

‪bUt ThEy HaVeNt wOn a PlAyOfF RoUnD‬ tHiS dEcAdE

GF #1 i the league
PP% #1 in the league
ROW T #1 in the league
Penalties Taken #1 in the league (least)
Penalties Drawn #31 in the league (least)
Scoring first #1 in the league
Win when scoring first #1 in the league
Hits #31 in the league (softest?)

Reactions: OddyOh

HomerJLeafs

i just hope we make the POs
Dec 27, 2017
we are SO Good right now
holyf***
i think the Tavares/Nylander is clicking
and im so glad Matthews/Marner is a thing

i love Keefe
and nice move by Dubas with the Holl contract
all in all i couldnt be happier with the team right now

i just want this team to be in the playoffs
i feel like we have the team the players the coach to do some damage in may and in june

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Much needed type of win after giving up 16 goals against in the last few games. Settle things down and keep rolling.

Let's do it again tomorrow.

Also Nylander has been playing some inspired hockey since moving to Tavares' line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad