Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 4-1 | Happy New Year!

Kingstondude84

Dec 22, 2019
I just keep thinking maybe Rielly is saving it all for 2020 games. He is so much better than what he has shown this season.

I don't think its that TBH. For all the talent he has, he's about as reliable without the puck as is leaving a 3 year old home alone with the stove on. Rielly needs a"steady eddie" holding his hand at all times, he had that last year in Hainsey, this year he doesn't have that luxury.

If Rielly is to get back on track he needs a "hainsey" beside him, maybe Holl? Either, that, or Dubas needs to pony up some assets and get a reliable blueliner to play with him.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
No Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Tavares did. He was dead last in the league his first year before we had those players.....and even after getting them he was holding the team back so much with his ego and stubbornness. If you dont see how much he was holding this team back, then you have no hope.

I think many people here forget how that felt to be without playoffs for decade. Players are one thing, but change of players culture was much needed. Players that were shipped out and those that were brought it exemplified that. Bobcock installed that culture where if you wanted more ice time you would need to earn it (sometimes he was extreame with it, but you cannot install that system without hard enforcement). He had no santinent in demoting players if they played poorly and made mistakes.
That is for sure positive about Mike tenure. He actually brought us playoffs both years and laid foundation that followers will thank him for (and we will hear from them later).

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I think many people here forget how that felt to be without playoffs for decade. Players are one thing, but change of players culture was much needed. Players that were shipped out and those that were brought it exemplified that. Bobcock installed that culture where if you wanted more ice time you would need to earn it (sometimes he was extreame with it, but you cannot install that system without hard enforcement). He had no santinent in demoting players if they played poorly and made mistakes.
That is for sure positive about Mike tenure. He actually brought us playoffs both years and laid foundation that followers will thank him for (and we will hear from them later).

You mean only if Nylander played poorly?

Reactions: kb

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
No, Marner as well and Marleau and others.
He never demoted Marleau ever. He played him more then Matthews in game 7. Marner was only demoted his 2nd season, and never since then. Nylander was the only player who was demoted.
Babcock's accountability is a joke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad