Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 2-1 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Damn... too bad... hopefully Leafs keep the Ws coming until Hyman is back in the fold.
The Leafs are afraid. The Leafs forwards are really scared of being demoted in the lineup when Hyman returns.

So they finally bust their rich asses playing defense.

That is what the Leafs need, another Hyman besides the writer/hockey player Hyman.

Coach Babcock figuring it out. Starting pushing the right buttons to make the team play his way.

Push the fear button.

LOL.

Those candy asses deserve it!

:joker:

Reactions: Erdinger

On-the-Fly

Feb 6, 2007
I noticed that. I also notice the actually had sense enough to pick on the defender without the stick .....which really really surprised me.

Suprised me too, which sucks!

A fan is forced to question whether this was in accordance with, or in defiance of, the 'plan'.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
As Andersen continues to play like this most criticiams of the entire team/coach will soften in coming days

I feel poor Mike Yeo's pain.

Gets provided with awful goalkeeping last year and starts the year 7-9-3 and gets the axe. Berube takes over and not much is different going 9-9-1 and are last in the NHL at the start of January.

The team then calls up Binnigton and posts the best record in hockey going 29-10-5 the rest of the way and wins the cup. Berube then gets treated like he's some genius coach. Hows that old saying go again?

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018

Damn... too bad... hopefully Leafs keep the Ws coming until Hyman is back in the fold.

I doubt Hymans presence would have changed the outcome of any game so far. I'm in no hurry to see him reclaim his top 6 winger role.(don't like him there) However,it might mean the disappearance of Shore,but with Babs,you never know.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
The Leafs are afraid. The Leafs forwards are really scared of being demoted in the lineup when Hyman returns.

That is what the Leafs need, another Hyman besides the writer/hockey player Hyman.

Coach Babcock figuring it out. Starting pushing the right buttons to make the team play his way.

Push the fear button.

LOL.

Its a foregone conclusion where Babs puts Hyman...what fear? Other than that it's a money decision to be decided by Leafs brass.

Reactions: Ciao

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto

Push the fear button.

LOL.

Which Leafs forwards are afraid of demotion?

Shore and Timashov? Probably. They're on the bubble, but perhaps less so than Spezza who was in the press box and thereby unable to demonstrate his defensive prowess.

Gauthier? Maybe, but probably not. He's just doing his job, pretty well by the way, and I doubt it's occurred to him that he might be demoted.

Moore I'm sure expects to get bumped down to the fourth line, but I'm sure it hasn't occurred to you or me or anyone else that when Hyman comes back he might be sent to the Marlies.

You aren't suggesting that any of Mathews, Tavares, Marner, Nylander, Kapanen, Johnsson, Kerfoot or Mikheyev were busting their asses tonight over fear of demotion, were you? If that's what you were trying to say, it would be pretty funny, or a little crazy, or maybe a bit of both!

Last edited:

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Imagine if we didn't **** the bed against the Habs twice. Standings would be glorious!

both times we played against them when we were playing 2nd game of a back to back while montreal was rested

out of the 4 meetings against the scabs this season 3 of them have Leafs playing their 2nd game of the back to back against toilet seats while they are rested; that is some BS scheduling against divisional rivals

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
both times we played against them when we were playing 2nd game of a back to back while montreal was rested

out of the 4 meetings against the scabs this season 3 of them have Leafs playing their 2nd game of the back to back against toilet seats while they are rested; that is some BS scheduling against divisional rivals
What a joke. Such a stupid schedule.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018

Push the fear button.

LOL.

Players need a healthy dose of competition within the lineup. Really, within the organization.

Even for the Stars with big contracts. They know they won't be sent down, they are set for life and aren't worried about sticking with the big club. They can however lose ice time, or PP time. They still want to receive positive reinforcement. They still have pride they want to defend. The very best don't need the push as much as others, but certainly fear of riding a bus again or sitting in the stands can motivate a player on the bubble.

It's not fun I'm sure. It's a good reason to play like every shift could be your last, as it might be.

Reactions: Polaris1010

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Good win for the Leafs.

Matthews is a monster, and JT & Mitch figured it out just in time for OT. Freddy - what a game.

Barrie still looks so damn lost and Ceci....like, I'd be okay with sending him down at this point for Liljegren. It's Gardiner's mistakes at twice the frequency without any of his upside.

Anyway, enough complaining....great win!

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
You talk a big game, let’s have em big boy.

Still waiting for any example of something Tavares did in the first 60. Thanks.
Sorry I'm still struggling with the classification of a player whose body of work puts him in the upper echelon of players in the NHL but based on 60 minutes is someone who "sucks"

Nothing to do with a big game it's just stupidity

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Pp changed when they let Tavares go into the Matthews spot for a bit, been calling to give Tavares more touches for ages, glad it happened.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
Sorry I'm still struggling with the classification of a player whose body of work puts him in the upper echelon of players in the NHL but based on 60 minutes is someone who "sucks"

Nothing to do with a big game it's just stupidity

Point. Made. Later

Showing up for 10 seconds is not acceptable. We preach it after every loss... “Nice 20 minute effort”... etc... We didn’t even get that from JT tonight.

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
Pp changed when they let Tavares go into the Matthews spot for a bit, been calling to give Tavares more touches for ages, glad it happened.

Tavares needs more touches and Matty needs to go back on the left side. They need to stop trying to get him to shoot a one-timer from the circle like Ovi.

Let Matthews be Matthews

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
You aren't suggesting that any of Mathews, Tavares, Marner, Nylander, Kapanen, Johnsson, Kerfoot or Mikheyev were busting their asses tonight over fear of demotion, were you? If that's what you were trying to say, it would be pretty funny, or a little crazy, or maybe a bit of both!
That is exactly what I am saying in the post first quoted. When Hyman returns, someone will be demoted in the lineup.

Hyman goes onto the 1st line, reuniting that the top line from last year.

Then the ripple effect follow through the roster, as there is no rover position, and you can only carry so many players at one time.

It is like those dominoes falling when Hyman comes back, and they are scared. Now they play Mike Babcock hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA