Waived: Leafs waive Eric Fehr

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Maybe it's a Leafs thing but our mindset for so long was that the grass was always greener. Right now its Leivo, before that it was Corrado etc etc. I think we'd all like to believe the healthy scratch is better than whomever our whipping boy is.

Like how they always say the backup quarterback is the most popular guy in town.

My issue with the handling of Leivo is that they seem to want to keep him around (suggesting that they believe in his ability) but are risking ruining him as a player by never playing him. How can a guy progress playing 10 games a year?

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Like how they always say the backup quarterback is the most popular guy in town.

My issue with the handling of Leivo is that they seem to want to keep him around (suggesting that they believe in his ability) but are risking ruining him as a player by never playing him. How can a guy progress playing 10 games a year?

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009

he can't and this seems a case where mgmt likes him while the coach has no use for him and is just making excuses why he hasn't inserted him in the line up

The team should just try to get something for him or waive him and if he clears at least he'll get playing time on the Marlies .

White Shadow

Jan 7, 2016
only 44 pts ?

your bro Hyman could only manage 28 pts with more talented linemates yet you've done nothing but pimp him

and you've done nothing but slag Levio in the past and now you'd take him over Panik as well ?

Babs should have given Panik a chance even if was just to raise his trade value , anything would have been better than Dubie's corsi boy Morin .
Congratulations, you just compared a 24 year old rookie to a 25 year old 5 year pro, who happened to have his breakout year in his 5th year.

Of those 44 points, 9 were on the PP.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Maybe it's a Leafs thing but our mindset for so long was that the grass was always greener. Right now its Leivo, before that it was Corrado etc etc. I think we'd all like to believe the healthy scratch is better than whomever our whipping boy is.
Yeah but look at the impact Nathan Dempsey had once he was let loose on the league.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
he can't and this seems a case where mgmt likes him while the coach has no use for him and is just making excuses why he hasn't inserted him in the line up

The team should just try to get something for him or waive him and if he clears at least he'll get playing time on the Marlies .

From my view, a lot of my displeasure on how they've treated Leivo is the fact that he's young and I've seen his production when he's in the line-up. But mostly it's about the age of the player.

I didn't care if Marincin was in the line-up or healthy scratched because he was young and useless.

With Fehr, I don't mind if he's in the line-up as the 4th line centre or a 13th forward. He can contribute to his role, but at his age and where the Leafs are, they don't need him.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Congratulations, you just compared a 24 year old rookie to a 25 year old 5 year pro, who happened to have his breakout year in his 5th year.

Of those 44 points, 9 were on the PP.
Hyman's bro compared them , i just replied too his post .

they're a year apart in age and you don't get bonus points for taking longer to make the NHL but good on you for trying to come up to with some type of spin to make Hyman's 6g/24pts even strength look more impressive than Panik's 18g/35pts

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
From my view, a lot of my displeasure on how they've treated Leivo is the fact that he's young and I've seen his production when he's in the line-up. But mostly it's about the age of the player.

I didn't care if Marincin was in the line-up or healthy scratched because he was young and useless.

With Fehr, I don't mind if he's in the line-up as the 4th line centre or a 13th forward. He can contribute to his role, but at his age and where the Leafs are, they don't need him.

I agree , he has produced when given the chance unlike Maricin who had close to 200 games between us and the Oilers to stick and who was also waived and passed over by the other 30 teams even though he's on a cheap deal .

yup Fehr's fine as the 12/13 frwd even though he may not like sitting , Babs shouldn't get so touchy about the odd comment a player makes if that was in fact the reason he was waived

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I agree , he has produced when given the chance unlike Maricin who had close to 200 games between us and the Oilers to stick and who was also waived and passed over by the other 30 teams even though he's on a cheap deal .

yup Fehr's fine as the 12/13 frwd even though he may not like sitting , Babs shouldn't get so touchy about the odd comment a player makes if that was in fact the reason he was waived
I agree with Marincin and Fehr are what they are and have had plenty of looks to prove otherwise.
If Leivo is a bust or just a really average player so be it. But what can anyone tell me about him? What is he? We have 3 UFAs coming up at the end of this season. I'd like to know what we have in terms of replacements. Can't do that from the bench for 50 games.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

White Shadow

Jan 7, 2016
Hyman's bro compared them , i just replied too his post .

they're a year apart in age and you don't get bonus points for taking longer to make the NHL but good on you for trying to come up to with some type of spin to make Hyman's 6g/24pts even strength look more impressive than Panik's 18g/35pts
Good for you for discounting 4 years of NHL experience, it means nothing.

Of course it took Hyman longer, he went the US college route.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Why would you change the roster when the team is winning ? Feel bad for Leivo etc not getting ice time but unless there's an injury he's out of luck.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Why would you change the roster when the team is winning ? Feel bad for Leivo etc not getting ice time but unless there's an injury he's out of luck.

The roster was changed a couple times already. Fehr & Moore were in and out every other game despite wins. Marner was moved down the line-up.

Changes happen.

The key was that the core didn't change. Matthews was still playing. So was Nylander. Rielly was there and Andersen has started all but 1 game.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Can we please bring back Fehr and put him in the lineup if only even to be a lucky charm? So far the Leafs are 4-0 when he's playing and haven't allowed more than 3 goals in those games. Bring him back ASAP please!!! :(

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Can we please bring back Fehr and put him in the lineup if only even to be a lucky charm? So far the Leafs are 4-0 when he's playing and haven't allowed more than 3 goals in those games. Bring him back ASAP please!!! :(

I know I made an observation about this early on. The team plays with structure when he is on the ice/bench. No idea why, saw it right away and thought, am I imagining stuff? The more games with Moore the more I see the same pattern and its freaking me out a bit haha.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
I agree with Marincin and Fehr are what they are and have had plenty of looks to prove otherwise.
If Leivo is a bust or just a really average player so be it. But what can anyone tell me about him? What is he? We have 3 UFAs coming up at the end of this season. I'd like to know what we have in terms of replacements. Can't do that from the bench for 50 games.

And all 3 of those UFA's aren't playing well right now
Martin plays every game
May as well just trade Leivo, Babcock apparently has no use for him

Fehr and Moore won't be here beyond this year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad