Waived: Leafs waive Eric Fehr

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I expect him to clear. There's a reason Pittsburgh paid us a 4th to take him last year, and that reasons name wasn't Frank Corrado. He's been ok for us, but isn't worth his salary.

The more interesting part comes with doing this and sending Rosen down. Figured Rosen would stay down for good but I guess they wanted Polak playing tonight and that was the only way to get him on the roster in the meantime and maybe Rosen will be back up after Fehr clears or is claimed.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
dominic-moore-2016-48.jpg

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I expect him to clear. There's a reason Pittsburgh paid us a 4th to take him last year, and that reasons name wasn't Frank Corrado. He's been ok for us, but isn't worth his salary.

The more interesting part comes with doing this and sending Rosen down. Figured Rosen would stay down for good but I guess they wanted Polak playing tonight and that was the only way to get him on the roster in the meantime and maybe Rosen will be back up after Fehr clears or is claimed.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Rosen or Marincin probably. It was clear with Moore in the roster two nights in a row that he won the battle for 4th line C.

seems weird why bother sending rosen down at all, just waive fehr oh I guess it takes 24 hours for waivers doesn't it I see.

Could it be mutual termination waivers?

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
seems weird why bother sending rosen down at all, just waive fehr oh I guess it takes 24 hours for waivers doesn't it I see.

Rosen was sent down because they clearly wanted Polak in the lineup today and Fehr can't clear until tomorrow.

My guess is Rosen comes back up (unless they go with a forward). Marincin seems to be gaining some confidence down with the Marlies so it makes no sense to bring him up so soon. If he has a future with us it makes sense to let him get a good few months of play in

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

Rosen isn't playing tonight so it doesn't really matter. Must have been some reason they wanted the roster spot earlier as I think they could have waived him under the condition that if he clears he goes down so to clear the roster spot immediately.

Wouldn't be termination waivers. They specify unconditional waivers for termination and Fehr wouldn't agree to lose that money. Overpaid guys don't agree to terminate.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
God no. Hoping this is Aaltonen's shot.

No disagreement there; just seems that Babcock might prefer 8 D over 14 F. Unless we like someone on waivers or trade? (another guess on my part, don't know who's out there)

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
God no. Hoping this is Aaltonen's shot.

This maybe a strong possibility. I think Babs wants to give Alto a chance. Worse case, you can always call Fehr back up

Rosen should stay in AHL for a while. He's very overwhelmed with speed and physicality in NHL.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Fehr was undefeated while in the lineup this season i believe. I had advantage Fehr in the battle for the 4thC spot. Management sees something else.

Reactions: Doc300c

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad