GDT: Leafs vs Sens Sept 8th - 3 p.m

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Neilsson with three penalties in the first.. And they score ffs.

Nielsen has 1 penalty. The Leafs have had 3 penalties. The other two were from Gordeev and Piccinich. All of them stupid, some of them wouldn't get called.

At least Nielsen's was in our own zone unlike the other two.

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
Not sure why the whistle wasn’t blown before the Sens goal. Scott looked to have it covered and the Sen slashed the puck loose.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Refs pretty strict on that icing call.

The refs have been screwing the Leafs pretty hard too. The rush before the Sens were pretty far offside and they missed it. They also call anything the Leafs do but the Sens are getting away with a few things that are just as bad (if not worse).

The refs are probably the only reason we are not steamrolling them right now. Everyone is doing pretty well, but not many have really stood out yet. Outside of a good rush and nice chances here or there.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Looked like he also had a Sen laying on top of him.

That was our fault, but I think they were slow on the whistle. We just need to outplay the refs and we are fine. The Sens are not doing all that great right now.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
It was hard to figure out who was who at first. But once I figured it out, I liked Durzi's vision and Gordeev's physicality. Neilsen had a rough start.

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
Why didn’t they at least give our AHL champions their actual numbers?

Maybe a crazy theory but the numbers could be structured to indicate how close they think a player is to making the big club (higher number = raw/younger prospect, lower number = closer to NHL ready). Could make things easier for management and scouting. In any case they seem to be
representative of something.

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017
This nose cleaning device is one of the most rediculous things I have ever seen...yet strangely I want to try it lol

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Maybe a crazy theory but the numbers could be structured to indicate how close they think a player is to making the big club (higher number = raw/younger prospect, lower number = closer to NHL ready). Could make things easier for management and scouting. In any case they seem to be
representative of something.

Bracco is 59 and Brooks is 77. I would say those two are the closest out of anyone else on our team, outside of Grundstrom (who has a low number). I think Liljegren is even behind those two since they'll probably take him slow.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
SDA needs to work with Underhill, clearly has talent but not enough footspeed for a kid his size.

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
Bracco is 59 and Brooks is 77. I would say those two are the closest out of anyone else on our team, outside of Grundstrom (who has a low number). I think Liljegren is even behind those two since they'll probably take him slow.
I definitely wouldn't consider either Bracco or Brooks remotely close at this point. Liljegren and Grunstrum are the only two I've heard discussed with legitimate potential to make the team in the next year or two in this group.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Leafs controlled the first half of the period, but got derailed by penalty trouble. Our defense looks great, forwards not so impressive. I really like what I'm seeing from Timothy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad