Pre-Game Talk: Leafs Vs Sabres Pregame Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Fun fact--Matthews has 10 more points in his rookie year than Eichel did in his. He also has 5 games to add to that gap. Not sure why there was ever a debate about who's better between the two.

Debating who is better is an age old tradition that goes back decades. I remember arguing over players as I flicked their hockey cards against the wall at recess. Having said that, I bet if you ask any Sabre fan they are pretty happy to have him regardless of how much better Matthews is.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I just want to win in Buffalo. Not really about a must win. We could be 30th in the league and I'd want that win badly.

RaskY

GLG
Dec 26, 2011
Buffalo always seem to play with a lot of energy vs. the Leafs, especially in their building. Eichel and Kane in particular have torched our defense the last two meetings.

But, I think the Leafs will be better prepared for this game after the beating they took last time.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
buffalo always beats toronto
for whatever reason even without ****ing miller

so with that in mind
toronto needs the luck of the irish

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Don't you just love these Negative Nancy's, lol. Everyone else is going to run the table, but God forbid if it comes into their tiny brains that there is just as much of a chance the Leafs can run the table.

My tiny brain tells me 3 of the last 5 teams we play are head and shoulders above us. We always have trouble in Buffalo and they spanked us last game. Tampa seems unbeatable right now. There is a chance we go 0-5. I'm not confident at all.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Unfortunately all the more reason to win this one. Have to keep beating back the teams chasing us down. Can't afford to get rolled like last time.

Can't take the foot off the gas. Though at least the Leafs are also finding ways to win so they are giving themselves the best chance to get there.

The Leafs are in a good position. But they still have to stay ahead. Boston and Tampa are giving us absolutely no room for error. Buffalo is a winnable game, so let's win it and stay well ahead. Get that win and prepare to head home to face some tough opponents.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
My tiny brain tells me 3 of the last 5 teams we play are head and shoulders above us. We always have trouble in Buffalo and they spanked us last game. Tampa seems unbeatable right now. There is a chance we go 0-5. I'm not confident at all.

Tampa hasn't actually been playing very well of late, just tons of puck luck. I think we win tomorrow and finish strong at home. We're going to be desperate to hold on to a divisional spot.

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
After predicting Nylanders goal last night I'm now 1 for 978 for predictions so I'm gonna keep the streak going and predict Matthews gets his 39th and 40th tomorrow.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

We are actually 1-1 against both Jackets and Pittsburgh and 1-0-1 against Washington.

Leafs have won recently but they haven't played to the level I know they can play and have lost some games where they just dominate the other team. Funny how that works.

I'm sure they are going to be ready for this one and win for all the fans inside that building after what happened last game.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
buffalo always beats toronto
for whatever reason even without ****ing miller

so with that in mind
toronto needs the luck of the irish

the game is in Buffalo? Lol, s*** out of luck on this one guys. Lost 18 of the last 20 to Buffalo... why does everyone decide that all of a sudden they're going to win this one? They're going down in flames just like they always do against the Sabres. History backs it up. Even Irish luck can't solve this curse that the Leafs have vs. the Sabres.

Leafblooded

Jul 27, 2012
T.
Apparently Alex Nylander has been called up and will be making his debut for Buffalo tomorrow. Sabres iz trolling!

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Anyone calling this game a must win is a moron :laugh:

We play 5 games in 7 nights, which includes Pittsburgh, Washington, Columbus, and Tampa Bay. All of them are important because of how good there are. Don't win tomorrow and there is a chance we could struggle the rest of the way. Every game is a must win at this point.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
We play 5 games in 7 nights, which includes Pittsburgh, Washington, Columbus, and Tampa Bay. All of them are important because of how good there are. Don't win tomorrow and there is a chance we could struggle the rest of the way. Every game is a must win at this point.

"Must win" is a tad extreme for our situation with 91 pts and games in hand.

Our playoff chances remain above 90% regardless of what happens tomorrow. That's hardly indicative of a must win game.

It's important but a loss won't send us packing nor will it be the end of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad