Pre-Game Talk: Leafs Vs Sabres Pregame Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Not going to worry about the rest of the schedule at this point. Just go and stomp Buffalo. After the last game it is simply a matter of doing things properly. They hurt your goalie, they embarrass your team, get them back for all of it.

And yeah getting the points is important. Win as many times as you can.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Stakes just got higher. It'd be inexcusable to lose to these clowns again. We got smoked by Florida and then came back to win the next game. Let's hope history repeats itself tomorrow.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
If they can't win this one, not sure when they can. A clear and recent reminder of how dangerous Buffalo can be and they are battling for a playoff spot. This is the time to come through and get a decisive win in Buffalo.

Just have to go and do it.

RASHBEEP

Sep 18, 2010
if this team thinks they're a playoff team they have to beat the bad ones. getting annoyed at these games where the leafs are apparently playing a tired opponent and still struggle.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
if this team thinks they're a playoff team they have to beat the bad ones. getting annoyed at these games where the leafs are apparently playing a tired opponent and still struggle.

But yet, they still have gotten the W even while playing bad..

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Matthews will get 40 in this game. Leafs return to Buffalo and win 5-2.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
As for the "brutal schedule", do you think PIT and CBJ will be trying 100% on the last weekend? I think not. Leafs should have an advantage by being the more desperate team. Besides, Leafs should probably clinch before then. PIT and CBJ will most likely be resting some key players that weekend.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
Buffalo is the team I hate the most. Not the Sens, Habs, or Bruins, it's the Sabres. It feels so good to be ahead of their rebuild even though they started before us

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Watching their game, Eichel will never be as good as Matthews...some people just work hard and others rely on talent. Eichel just gave the puck away and floated back into his zone, way too nonchalant and unwilling to fight for the puck in the corners. I have yet to see a game where Matthews looks so disengaged.

Eichel is super talent, poor "drive train" as Babcock would say.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
As for the "brutal schedule", do you think PIT and CBJ will be trying 100% on the last weekend? I think not. Leafs should have an advantage by being the more desperate team. Besides, Leafs should probably clinch before then. PIT and CBJ will most likely be resting some key players that weekend.
Depends. If Washington can win today and basically lock up the division then I could see all three being less determined. Although who knows with Columbus, they might still take the loss we gave them personally.

There may indeed be an advantage going up against teams that are already basically locked in. By the time we get to them Pittsburgh and Columbus might simply be battling for which of them gets home ice against the other.

In the end, Leafs just have to play well. If they play like they did for most of the run they've been on, they can win the games ahead of them.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
The Leafs have to be more than ready cause the Sabres will play like their lives are on the line (like they did last time) cause of the jealousy and hate their fans and the Sabres players have against the Leafs.

I remember last game reading a comment from ROR before the game saying that all the hockey talk is about Toronto, then he said.."I hate them and don't want to see them in the playoffs". And I guess since half the crowd in their building are Leaf fans, the hate and jealousy turn up a notch.

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
Alex Nylander is being called up to make his NHL debut tomorrow night. Should be fun

The Sabres should be well rested given they are sleeping through this game this afternoon.

disgruntleddave

Aug 31, 2009
Canada
I think of this game as a must-win. Of course in reality it isn't, but many of us are so used to failure it feels like every opportunity to prevent it is a necessity, otherwise the wheels will come off and we'll crash.

There's a scary schedule ahead of us, but even if there wasn't my learned negativity around the leafs will get the better of me.

Huge game tomorrow. We better not lay an egg.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
there's a decent chance they can go 4-0 the last 4 games. that's why we play the games.

Don't you just love these Negative Nancy's, lol. Everyone else is going to run the table, but God forbid if it comes into their tiny brains that there is just as much of a chance the Leafs can run the table.

TDK67

Apr 17, 2016
Fun fact--Matthews has 10 more points in his rookie year than Eichel did in his. He also has 5 games to add to that gap. Not sure why there was ever a debate about who's better between the two.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Fun fact--Matthews has 10 more points in his rookie year than Eichel did in his. He also has 5 games to add to that gap. Not sure why there was ever a debate about who's better between the two.

10 more points, 14 more goals (damn). Better on faceoffs, better possession, better defensively. Not even close in any facet of the game really, although Eichel's certainly had a good second season.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
In the end Leafs just have to keep winning and they'll be fine.

So let's just win. And hey Matthews could go ahead and hit 40 goals while they are at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad