Pre-Game Talk: Leafs Vs Sabres Pregame Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
Buffalo is playing today so they'll be tired when they play the Leafs on Monday. Good thing because the Leafs have a difficult time beating this team.

It seems like little brother really gets fired up when Toronto comes to town. Half the crowd (or more) are Leafs fans but it doesn't matter to them.

These teams are closer than you think after Eichel returned to the lineup.

The Leafs need this game because they have Washington,Tampa Bay,Pittsburgh,Columbus to finish the season. Brutal schedule.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
I just had BIG TIME deja vu reading this thread holy

We look a little tired past few games, our March schedule was so brutal but we were resilient and had a very good month since that California road trip. Hope it keeps up, really want to beat this damn team IN Buffalo more than once every 2-3 years.

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
Buf is playing at 3pm today, so it is not a traditional back to back. They will be more rested. But Tor has zero excuses right now. Detroit game was terrible in terms of defensive effort, and it's going to bite them if they don't shore it up.

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
Buf is playing at 3pm today, so it is not a traditional back to back. They will be more rested. But Tor has zero excuses right now. Detroit game was terrible in terms of defensive effort, and it's going to bite them if they don't shore it up.

It's a must win game because there is a decent chance they could go 0-4 the last 4 games.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Buffalo is playing today so they'll be tired when they play the Leafs on Monday. Good thing because the Leafs have a difficult time beating this team.

It seems like little brother really gets fired up when Toronto comes to town. Half the crowd (or more) are Leafs fans but it doesn't matter to them.

These teams are closer than you think after Eichel returned to the lineup.

The Leafs need this game because they have Washington,Tampa Bay,Pittsburgh,Columbus to finish the season. Brutal schedule.

Isn't Buffalo just a game above .500 with Eichel this year?

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I'd go with Andersen tomorrow in Buffalo and McBackup against Washington on Tuesday. Gives Andy two days off before the big game against Tampa on Thursdy and I'd rather not have Andersen get blown out by the Caps a week before a possible first round playoff series.

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
I'd go with Andersen tomorrow in Buffalo and McBackup against Washington on Tuesday. Gives Andy two days off before the big game against Tampa on Thursdy and I'd rather not have Andersen get blown out by the Caps a week before a possible first round playoff series.

Agreed. Wash is going for first overall and will be motivated to play hard.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Like Winnipeg, Sabres lack a proper NHL starter.

We know all too well what that feels like.

Lehner is a good goalie and is the only reason why Buffalo isn't a bottom 3 team.

When they shore up their defense they'll have no problem becoming a playoff team with Lehner between the pipes.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Leafs have shown they can beat teams the second time around when they get embarrassed in the first game. They did it to Florida, Columbus, Colorado. It's like they learn their lesson about a team and correct it the next time around. I expect a good effort and a win tomorrow. Buffalo just isn't good enough to do that to us again, especially if Lehner isn't playing.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
2 points please.... tough home games coming up; need to get the 2 points

regulation
OT
or shootout

whatever.... Get 2 points!

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
This a a strange foreboding part of the season.

The Good is Buffalo plays today-as long as they don't get embarrassed its good.

We get them on the back half of a back to back.

Then Washington gets its revenge. Our 4-1 win against them, was on the back half of their back to back, when they played in....Buffalo.

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
This a a strange foreboding part of the season.

The Good is Buffalo plays today-as long as they don't get embarrassed its good.

We get them on the back half of a back to back.

Then Washington gets its revenge. Our 4-1 win against them, was on the back half of their back to back, when they played in....Buffalo.

I hate to say it but Wash could clinch first overall by beating the Leafs and then Columbus wouldn't have the same motivation going into the game vs Toronto.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
1. Matthews
2. Marner
3. Nylander
4. Brown
5. Hyman
6. Soshnikov
7. Kappy
8. Zaitsev
9. GOAT

9 rookies played significant amount and leafs are in a playoff position

:yo:

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
This game is a must win. We have to beat Buffalo to keep the hopes alive. I agree with playing Andersen tomorrow night

member 262271

Going to be a really tough game. Can't sit on our heels or it could get ugly, dig in those heels instead boys! GLG

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
It's a must win game because there is a decent chance they could go 0-4 the last 4 games.

That shouldn't be the case at all. We will be the more desparate team + we're at home. Good chance that the games on the weekend will be meaningless for both Pit and CBJ. If they are good enough, they will be fine. If not, they won't. All those teams are going to be tired too and possibly looking to give guys some rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad