GDT: Leafs vs Sabres 7PM SNO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver91

Agent 0091
May 27, 2007
Unknown
Well yeah if the Leafs don't win any more games the rest of the way, of course they won't make it in all likeliness ... But you really expect them to do that poorly? So much doom and gloom.

The Sens play 5 in 7 nights and are on a downward trend recently (with Method and EK's injuries) .. They could easily slide out.

Boston only has 3 games left - Tampa, Ottawa, and Washington. They could only win 1 more game of that bunch.

And Tampa still has to beat Boston, the Leafs, and Montreal all on the road where they haven't been that strong this season

I agree that this game doesn't end it all for us, but it's definitely a big game. I do think they'll be ready to go tonight though, with everything that's on the line and after the embarrassment last week.

I do agree though, it's not time to panic. If we can pick up another 3 points, Tampa has to basically win out to pass us, and we could stay ahead of Boston if they go 1-2-0 or 0-1-2 in their final 3.

Imagine if he scored 2 or 3 and then "celebrated" with a Sabres fan. Oh man.

Haha that would be fantastic, but I don't think he'd do that (or would even be able to find a Sabres fan in his vicinity :sarcasm:)

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
Sealed what? That Andersen like every other goalie goes through hot and cold stretches? He's been phenomenal but if you think Andersen is the only reason the Leafs are where they are, you aren't watching Leafs hockey bud.

Leafs give him plenty of goal support. Matthews is the MVP.

Leafs would not be sniffing the playoffs without Matthews.

They would also not be sniffing the playoffs without Andersen.

They're both extremely valuable.

Go.Leafs.Go!!!!

member 262271

Thanks, odd they wouldn't just say that.

I was referencing their full names, which are long and end in Altelius, like Willy's full name is William Andrew Michael Junior Nylander Altelius, so I'm not sure how that works, been wondering for a while. Any Swedish posters know?

SnazzyNazzy

Oct 20, 2012
Waterloo
Needa win.

Can I just say, Uncle Leo Komarov has been a beast lately.

Setting the tone physically, back-checking like a mad-man, even making some nice offensive plays (instead of just skating along the boards until he loses it). Its great to have this guy on our side.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
This is our last game against a bad team. I know we've been atrocious in Buffalo but we neeeeed these points.

Cool to see Alex Nylander's making his NHL debut against his brother tonight. By the looks of it he's had a brutal year in Rochester, but I guess it makes sense for Buffalo to give high end prospects a taste of the NHL

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Tampa gains huge ground on us if we lose, and our remaining games are against Washington, TB themselves, Pittsburgh, and Columbus.

It is very possible we go 0-3 against WSH, PIT and CBJ, which would make the TB game extremely extremely important, and if we lose that one we can probably kiss our playoff hopes goodbye.

So you expect us to lose out the remaining 5 games.. I don't know what to tell you except that's extremely unlikely. Our chances of missing playoffs is like 4%? so there's your odds.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
This is our last game against a bad team. I know we've been atrocious in Buffalo but we neeeeed these points.

Cool to see Alex Nylander's making his NHL debut against his brother tonight. By the looks of it he's had a brutal year in Rochester, but I guess it makes sense for Buffalo to give high end prospects a taste of the NHL

This is the game of the last 5 that Leafs need in the win column as it doesn't get any easier from here on out.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I was referencing their full names, which are long and end in Altelius, like Willy's full name is William Andrew Michael Junior Nylander Altelius, so I'm not sure how that works, been wondering for a while. Any Swedish posters know?

I didn't know that, always thought they just went by Nylander.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Needa win.

Can I just say, Uncle Leo Komarov has been a beast lately.

Setting the tone physically, back-checking like a mad-man, even making some nice offensive plays (instead of just skating along the boards until he loses it). Its great to have this guy on our side.

He has been an unsung hero for the past 6 weeks. Really stepped up when the team needed him. His presence along with Boyle's cannot be underestimated

Same goes for Polak. He has been solid lately. For the amount of flank he gets, he has been a horse.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Congrats to Alex Nylander on his first NHL goal.

Might as well make it 1-0 BUF at 20:00 of Period 1

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
This is the game of the last 5 that Leafs need in the win column as it doesn't get any easier from here on out.

The scheduler didn't do us any favours by giving us 2 back to back games in the final week of the season....

Probably thought we would be picking high in the Draft... :shakehead

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
The scheduler didn't do us any favours by giving us 2 back to back games in the final week of the season....

Probably thought we would be picking high in the Draft... :shakehead
Ottawa has two sets of back-to-backs as well while Tampa (and by extension NYI and Carolina) has one.

In fact, the only team in the playoff picture in the East to not have at least one back-to-back during the final week is Boston, and that's because of their heavy scheduling throughout the earlier part of the season.

Hardly something to worry about when everyone else has to go through it too.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
The Sabres are in run for the bus mode, I was at their game yesterday. With your boys still having something to play for, I think it's going to go your way tonight. Good luck Leafs fans. Enjoy the playoffs. I'll be sewing a Bylsma voodoo doll while watching your games

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
I knew darn well that Buffalo would pull out all the stops and start Robin Lehner on a back to back.

They also hope that bringing up Alex Nylander will inject some energy and brotherly competition into the lineup. They lost out on Babcock and have an inferiority complex to great the city of Toronto. Toronto might make the playoffs and resentment runs high.

This is Buffalo's gold medal game tonight.

The Leafs have to bring their A game or else. They have to score first.

What percentage of the crowd will be Leafs fans? 60% 50%
Buffalo fans have a chance to make a killing selling tickets to Leafs fantatics.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I knew darn well that Buffalo would pull out all the stops and start Robin Lehner on a back to back.

They also hope that bringing up Alex Nylander will inject some energy and brotherly competition into the lineup. They lost out on Babcock and have an inferiority complex to great the city of Toronto. Toronto might make the playoffs and resentment runs high.

This is Buffalo's gold medal game tonight.

The Leafs have to bring their A game or else. They have to score first.

What percentage of the crowd will be Leafs fans? 60% 50%
Buffalo fans have a chance to make a killing selling tickets to Leafs fantatics.

Agreed with everything. Buffalo's season is done and the jealousy runs deep, looking across the Niagra at the team they were supposedly ahead of on the cusp of a playoff berth with the coach that spurned them can't taste good.

They're going to bring everything tonight. Leafs must start well otherwise things could go to hell real fast like last time. If the Leafs can jump out to a lead early and take the wind out of their sails then that'd be great.

Last edited:

Coatsy79

May 14, 2011
Uk
The sad thing is, if the sabres played every game like they play against the leafs that might have had a more successful season

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
Willy better hope that he doesn't take after his father in terms of hair loss.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad